Impossible to achieve medals

Posted by wubb (270 posts) -

Not just really hard (like a 15 in a row stickie spree) but actually impossible.

Thriller - Kill 15 humans as the zombie without dying.  The Living Dead playlist is 8 players, so even if you start as the only zombie you could notch a maximum of 7 human kills before the end of the round.  You'd need to have a 16 player infection match, start as the only zombie, and make every single kill without a single death.  That's a billion to one shot without boosting.   Mmm... Brains (10 in a row) is also impossible on the current Living Dead playlist.

The only way I could see people getting the Thriller medal is if Bungie makes some sort of strange reverse infection playlist where a zombie is cured by being killed by a human and respawns as a human.  

If you check the playlist medal categories on your b.net profile you'll notice that some playlists don't list some of the medals that are impossible.  For example the infection sprees are removed from the Arena list.  However, other currently impossible to achieve medals are included.  For example spawn sprees on Competitive and Arena.  This leads me to wonder why?  Guessing that Bungie must be planning to use fire team spawning in arena and at least one competitive playlist at some time in the future, but they will never use infection for an Arena season (thank goodness...)

#1 Edited by wubb (270 posts) -

Not just really hard (like a 15 in a row stickie spree) but actually impossible.

Thriller - Kill 15 humans as the zombie without dying.  The Living Dead playlist is 8 players, so even if you start as the only zombie you could notch a maximum of 7 human kills before the end of the round.  You'd need to have a 16 player infection match, start as the only zombie, and make every single kill without a single death.  That's a billion to one shot without boosting.   Mmm... Brains (10 in a row) is also impossible on the current Living Dead playlist.

The only way I could see people getting the Thriller medal is if Bungie makes some sort of strange reverse infection playlist where a zombie is cured by being killed by a human and respawns as a human.  

If you check the playlist medal categories on your b.net profile you'll notice that some playlists don't list some of the medals that are impossible.  For example the infection sprees are removed from the Arena list.  However, other currently impossible to achieve medals are included.  For example spawn sprees on Competitive and Arena.  This leads me to wonder why?  Guessing that Bungie must be planning to use fire team spawning in arena and at least one competitive playlist at some time in the future, but they will never use infection for an Arena season (thank goodness...)

#2 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1417 posts) -

Wow. Thriller? I never realized that was even a medal.  Also getting a killionaire in multiplayer is pretty much impossible. You would have to do it in rumble pit and just get crazy lucky. You couldn't do it in big team battle as there isn't a weapon that does enough damage over a wide enough area. MAYBE you could someone get this in the tank and kill spawners but you would have to be crazy lucky. I would like to see a video a legit killionaire.

I played against this guy yesterday 
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=Spidaro

He is a field marshal who go there without boosting. Somehow he got a killpocolypse. But he has also spent almost 240 hours playing big team battle. Talk about having no life!

#3 Posted by wubb (270 posts) -
@Jack_Daniels said:

"  I played against this guy yesterday  http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=Spidaro  He is a field marshal who go there without boosting. Somehow he got a killpocolypse. But he has also spent almost 240 hours playing big team battle. Talk about having no life! "

Impressive stats on that guy.  He has a Corrected medal (15 stickie streak), 2 Second Gunmen (15 assist streak) and 6 Unfrigginbelievables (40 killstreak)   Those three medals are a few of the most difficult IMO.  I partly drafted up a blog ranking the medals in order of difficulty, but kind of tabled it.

I'll probably take a string of matches and just go for a Sticky Spree (5 in a row) soon, but even that seems pretty tough.

I've seen some legit looking killionaire videos in Team SWAT.  You must be able to predict spawns (or get lucky.)   Perhaps in BTB if you are in the Scorpion and have some lucky enemy spawns.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.