Interview with Marty O'Donnell

#1 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -
#2 Posted by rhacer63 (67 posts) -

I love listening to Marty's music and him talking about the music in the Halo games. It was particularly interesting last year at the PAX panel for ODST because the musical style was so completely different.

#3 Posted by Sitoxity (551 posts) -

Thanks for posting this, was really interesting and had some newer stuff that I hadn't seen/heard about before. I always like hearing the behind the scenes stuff.

#4 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Marty O'Donnell is a blood genius. Judging by what I've heard from leaked videos, his Reach score is fantastic.

#5 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

That chamber they've made with all the different surfaces to test the different sounds on each audio layer, gives me a headache just looking at it.

#6 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Its an interesting look at an often over looked part of video game development. Marty makes some of the best music in games.

#7 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I love stuff like this, effects and music are very important aspects of games!

#8 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -

Marty we love you, 
Marty we do.

#9 Edited by big_jon (5723 posts) -

Marty! Mullet man!
#10 Posted by DoctorOptimist (502 posts) -
@big_jon said:
"

Marty! Mullet man! "

#11 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Fantastic video.

#12 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

Also a quote from Bungie's twitter:

Just got news from Sumthing Digital. They'll have the Halo: Reach soundtrack by @ MartyTheElder "Day 1" matching the game's retail release.

#13 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

I love Marty

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.