Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Invasion Slayer

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sitoxity

Why the hell does no one play this anymore?

In the Beta once everyone found out how awesome it was (btw, it's super awesome, you should try it) we played it just as much as regular Invasion! Now that the games been out for a couple of weeks it's already gone into the habit of everyone voting towards the same thing, and it's normal Invasion.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love all aspects of Invasion, but I literally never get a game of Invasion Slayer on ANY map. Am I Just in the minority here, or does the Halo community just not like it? I don't get what I'm missing, besides playing an awesome gametype. 

What're your guys' thoughts? Like Invasion Slayer? Hate it? Do you vote for it or don't vote at all?

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Icil

It's the misleading name, I think. I was playing regular Invasion for a while before I was even exposed to Invasion Slayer, and I never voted for it before because I assumed it was just vanilla slayer with separate races.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By PerryVandell

I'm indifferent. I like both of them, and occasionally I'll want to play one more than the other, but I'm not exactly bummed out if my choice doesn't win. I'm just pissed about Team Slayer consisting of so many different types. Swat, Team Snipers, and Slayer DMRs should be in a different category.

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sitoxity
    @Fullmetal216:  What've they got to do with Invasion? 

Surely if you like them both you'd rather be able to play them both and not have to settle for Invasion (usually on Boneyard, it seems) apparently in it's own playlist.
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PerryVandell
    @Sitoxity said:
    " @Fullmetal216:  What've they got to do with Invasion?   Surely if you like them both you'd rather be able to play them both and not have to settle for Invasion (usually on Boneyard, it seems) apparently in it's own playlist. "
    I wasn't talking about invasion at that point. I was saying I was more frustrated with the team slayer game type.
    benjamimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By benjamimmy

I personally don't like Invasion Slayer so much because almost every game I've been in, it's been very slow and not much action. Don't get me wrong, there have been some great matches but I do prefer normal Invasion. Just wish there was some more damn maps!!

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sitoxity
    @Fullmetal216:  Again, Team Slayer (And Slayer DMR/Pro/Snipers) have nothing to do with Invasion. Invasion Slayer isn't like a normal Slayer game.

@KillaWolf13:  I'm hoping any new maps that come out will be Invasion orientated too, two just isn't enough. 
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PerryVandell
    @Sitoxity: I know they don't have anything to do with invasion, I was talking about something different that I was frustrated about.
    Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sitoxity
    @Fullmetal216:  So... you're frustrated that the Slayer playlist is full of Slayer gametypes? Because they don't appear in anything else besides Big Team Battle, and in that I end up with Objective games mostly.
    Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wasara88

Invasion is probably one of the best playlists at the moment. I would enjoy team slayer,but i'm getting sick and tired of SWAT and team snipers or DMR's. Big Team Battle is a little too hectic for its own good. It's more casual fun.
    Invasion just needs more maps. I think invasion slayer is fun but i enjoy regular invasion even more,but like i said it needs more maps.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By big_jon

I do.
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShaneDev

Invasion is great but can be really hit or miss depending on your team, Invasion slayer is also good but human weapons and vehicles are way better than the covie ones and it can be really boring and one sided when one team gets the lead.

zachariahus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By zachariahus

I personally am not a big fan of Invasion Slayer, I find it too similar to Big Team Battle. I usually jump into an Invasion playlist for some objective action, not just so I can randomly kill fools. I know it has weapon drops and loadout phasing, but that is just kind of 'meh' for me. Plus, I always spawn as an elite, and I'm more of a precision weapon kinda guy, so I generally feel kinda gimped. Although evade and health regen help. :) Also, I'm a fickle bitch.

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Invasion Slayer on Haemorrhage is brilliant, favourite part of the game thus far.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Mighty

Meh. 

Not a big invasion guy myself.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I think it's really cool. However, I think plain old regular Invasion is the worst gametype that Halo has ever had. It's a totally uninteresting snoozefest.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Mighty
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    "I think it's really cool. However, I think plain old regular Invasion is the worst gametype that Halo has ever had. It's a totally uninteresting snoozefest. "

Thank god, finally someone understands.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.