Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Just a little Reach and a bunch of kids

d0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

Edited By d0x

I havent been able to play Reach near as much as I've wanted to.  I've been letting my son and a group of Halo minded boys play it.  So far they have beaten the single player (and coop) 2 times, they have done plenty of firefight matches, some offline slayer, and even some forge.  The funny thing is my Son who is 10 is so interested in the story and making sure he plays it correctly he's started playing in order!  He beat Reach, then he played Halo 1.  After Halo 1 he started playing Halo 2.  Right when New Mombasa gets destroyed he saves and puts in Halo 3:ODST. Once he finished ODST he's going to finish Halo 2 and then beat Halo 3.  He gave Halo Wars a shot but it just wasnt for him.

After that he's going to read the books.  Now I know this sounds like I just let him run rampant and play a crazy amount of games but i dont lol!  The weather has been crap so he's been stuck inside with his friends and its actually quite alot of fun listening to all of them play.  Its also gotten him in the mood to read the books which is good.  He's already about 1/4 of the way through The Fall of Reach. 

Make me proud boy!

d0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By d0x

I havent been able to play Reach near as much as I've wanted to.  I've been letting my son and a group of Halo minded boys play it.  So far they have beaten the single player (and coop) 2 times, they have done plenty of firefight matches, some offline slayer, and even some forge.  The funny thing is my Son who is 10 is so interested in the story and making sure he plays it correctly he's started playing in order!  He beat Reach, then he played Halo 1.  After Halo 1 he started playing Halo 2.  Right when New Mombasa gets destroyed he saves and puts in Halo 3:ODST. Once he finished ODST he's going to finish Halo 2 and then beat Halo 3.  He gave Halo Wars a shot but it just wasnt for him.

After that he's going to read the books.  Now I know this sounds like I just let him run rampant and play a crazy amount of games but i dont lol!  The weather has been crap so he's been stuck inside with his friends and its actually quite alot of fun listening to all of them play.  Its also gotten him in the mood to read the books which is good.  He's already about 1/4 of the way through The Fall of Reach. 

Make me proud boy!

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mwng

Tell him to play the Zelda series in order next. That'll keep him occupied, or drive him psychotic, one of the two.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@d0x said:
      He beat Reach, then he played Halo 1.  After Halo 1 he started playing Halo 2.  Right when New Mombasa gets destroyed he saves and puts in Halo 3:ODST. Once he finished ODST he's going to finish Halo 2 and then beat Halo 3.  
    That is really awesome! I actually might do that someday... 

And good to know he is reading the books now!
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Vinny_Says

aaaaahhhhh man, playing them in order just warrants a HD remake of Halo 1 & 2, with like the reach engine, not a shitty HD download I mean. Imagine a Box set with Halo Reach, 1,2 &3 all in a glorious new engine, I would pay $200 for that....

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ShaneDev

Thats a lot of Halo, I kinda did the same thing but backwards before Halo Reach came out. 

This reminds me I must buy Halo Wars I quite liked the demo and it was pretty fun for a console RTS.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Wow.

Son, I am not dissapoint.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By big_jon

Awesome.
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By audiosnag

You deserve a Dad medal. 

skadbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By skadbob

That's really awesome. And that's amazing that your son is devouring the novel, especially since he's only 10! Awesome!

d0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By d0x
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " aaaaahhhhh man, playing them in order just warrants a HD remake of Halo 1 & 2, with like the reach engine, not a shitty HD download I mean. Imagine a Box set with Halo Reach, 1,2 &3 all in a glorious new engine, I would pay $200 for that.... "
    Yea im with you there.  I hope MS does that cause it would probably sell really well.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By pweidman

That is just awesome tc.  Your boy is learning a love for gaming, an appreciation for the lore associated with it, and reading all at once.  Just pure win!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.