New gameplay footage of two of the campaign missions.

#1 Posted by DoctorOptimist (502 posts) -

*Warning! Contains Spoilers!*

Provided by gamesradar.com:  http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/halo-reach/preview/why-wait-experience-two-of-the-halo-reach-campaign-missions-now-video/a-2010082712307990059/g-2009060110582402047  

This is for those who want to spoil themselves for big gameplay footage for Halo Reach. If you want it to keep it as a surprise, then I recommend for you to avoid these vids at all cost. I on the other hand, seen tid bits of them to prevent myself from being entirely spoiled. From what I've seen, I'm most impressed. This game looks miles ahead of what Halo 3 was capable to do and Bungie looks to deliver all the goods. Not only does it look visually spectacular, but the enemy A.I. seem as cunning and versatile's as F.E.A.R.'s. Whlie I was impressed by the snippets of gameplay footage I watched, I'm still a little skeptical. You never know if a game might disappoint, as many games I was hyped for disappointed me. I'm still very much looking forward to it, but I know Valve fanboys will ferociously bash Halo Reach as they always do with the series in general.
#2 Edited by cosmic (36 posts) -

Looks really good, can't wait to play it. IGN posted a new video of "Countdown", a multiplayer level, and Jeffs in it getting assainated. 

#3 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -

Sweet... getting pretty psyched fro Reach :)

#4 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Man, it looks so good. Mostly just skipped though the video to avoid too many spoilers, but it's definitely impressive. I really like that they seem to be going for a strong sense of atmosphere.

#5 Posted by BrilliantLoser (33 posts) -

The improvement of their animation system really helps in the cut-scenes.  It has none of that jerky, cartoonish quality like in ODST. 
Damn, Reach looks like the game I wanted out of Halo 2. 

#6 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -

Can't look... Spoilers...

#7 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@cosmic: 
First assassination was Jeff? xD
That map looks like a combination of Epitaph and Foundry from Halo 3, the outside area and all.

I shan't not spoil myself, but I am very excited!
Hearing nothing but praise and the game's a personal victory anyway, hater's gonna hate and all that jazz.
I'll spend my time gaming while they are complaining^^
#8 Posted by BrilliantLoser (33 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
 I shan't not spoil myself, but I am very excited! Hearing nothing but praise and the game's a personal victory anyway, hater's gonna hate and all that jazz. I'll spend my time gaming while they are complaining^^ "
Since I've been waiting forever to see a campaign mission, I spoiled that little bit to see how they did it.

I was getting flashbacks to Halo 1 a lot in a good way.  It just feels "bigger" if you can parse what I mean.  Halo 2 and Halo 3 always felt much more linear, and Halo ODST was a little too short to enjoy the wider environments.  It just so right that Elites are back.  It's like a good friend you've met again and didn't realize you missed.
#9 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -
@BrilliantLoser said:
" The improvement of their animation system really helps in the cut-scenes.  It has none of that jerky, cartoonish quality like in ODST. 
I noticed that too. Always thought ODST's cutscenes had that exaggerated feel of an early Pixar film or something. Just looked sort of amateur.  

The scene where the convoy of Scorpions, Warthogs, Mongooses, and Hornets were advancing on the Covenant freighter? Epic. Absolutely epic. That's exactly the kind of scale Halo warrants. 
#10 Posted by Vinny_Says (5686 posts) -

gaaaahhh!!!! your right I stopped watching after he unlocked that achievement...

#11 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

Also, am I hearing things, or does Noble 6 have an accent? 

That's pretty badass. I'm (probably unnecessarily) proud that we've got a non-Caucasian Halo protagonist. 

#12 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
" @BrilliantLoser said:
" The improvement of their animation system really helps in the cut-scenes.  It has none of that jerky, cartoonish quality like in ODST. 
I noticed that too. Always thought ODST's cutscenes had that exaggerated feel of an early Pixar film or something. Just looked sort of amateur.   The scene where the convoy of Scorpions, Warthogs, Mongooses, and Hornets were advancing on the Covenant freighter? Epic. Absolutely epic. That's exactly the kind of scale Halo warrants.  "

I saw two seconds of that and immediately closed out because I wanted to experience a lot of this for myself on my tv.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.