New Live action trailer

#1 Edited by WanderingBear (84 posts) -

"Deliver Hope" 

Looks like Microsoft are investing some time and money into this Halo Reach, surprised? 
#2 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Wait, what?

I can't believe how awesome that video is.

Microsoft are going crazy with the marketing for Reach.

#3 Posted by WanderingBear (84 posts) -
@Gizmo: I agree, the production value on these trailers are great. I just hope there are extended versions.
#4 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

awesome
#5 Posted by Ramone (2961 posts) -

Youtube spam but still I am amazed at how much money they are pumping into these trailers.

#6 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2139 posts) -

Fuck you and your awesome trailers Microsoft!!  

I just keep getting more hyped about Halo: Reach.

#7 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -
#8 Posted by mikesira (168 posts) -

Awesome teaser.
Does anyone know what MFDD stands for (it's on Kat's when she is arming the bomb), my guess is Mother F**king Detonation Device.

#9 Posted by EliminatoR (237 posts) -

Looks nice.
#10 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

It's fucking glorious, an Halo movie like that would be so damn good to watch. Alas.

#11 Posted by DerekDanahy (873 posts) -

God damn banshee bombs.

#12 Posted by RageGummy (102 posts) -

#13 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

That looked really good.

#14 Posted by kives34 (96 posts) -

Okay seriously stop teasing us Microsoft and make the movie already, I mean if you can't find a movie studio to do it just buy one you have plenty of cash for it.

#15 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@kives34 said:
" Okay seriously stop teasing us Microsoft and make the movie already, I mean if you can't find a movie studio to do it just buy one you have plenty of cash for it. "
Honestly. 

That trailer was pretty awesome.
#16 Posted by HistoryInRust (6289 posts) -

I don't know. I kind of get the feeling from this that Spartans look sort of ridiculous in live action. I think their visual design works really well in the rendered scenes in the game, but I'm not sure I buy their appearance on film. 

#17 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Loved it.

Is it 14 september yet? :/

#18 Edited by Burns09 (340 posts) -

Dude. Yes.
Also just read a comment on youtube that made me notice that Kat still has her real arm. So this must be set before the game's time. Which means that the Spartan who brought the bomb into the carrier must be the original noble 6. Also that live action jet pack looked fucking awesome.

#19 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

The thing I was most impressed with is somehow they managed to avoid making the 'future soldier' suits not look tacky. Whenever people do a live action video or trailer with armour or suits, they always look shit and made out of plastic. 

Bravo bungie!

#20 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

DEEECENT
#21 Posted by crusnchill (856 posts) -

Beautiful... Truly.

#22 Posted by Hashbrowns (650 posts) -

It's probably worth noting that Bungie probably has very little to do with these trailers.  Sure, they probably have some input as far as supplying information and art assets, but Microsoft just contracts outside studios to do these.  It's not like Bioware does those awesome The Old Republic trailers themselves, or as if Remedy did the Bright Falls shorts either. 

Weird thing is I think most advertising firms can put more artistic and story-telling talent into one minute than most game developers can put into ten hours.
#23 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

It's kind of cool how they treat Reach as an event that I should actually care about (the event in lore, not the game release).

#24 Posted by Egg0 (169 posts) -

Great. Way better than the ones with people talking and being emo. This one had a more emotional impact than those ones.
#25 Edited by Not_Rage (470 posts) -

Hope to see more

#26 Posted by RageGummy (102 posts) -
@Hashbrowns said:
" It's probably worth noting that Bungie probably has very little to do with these trailers.  Sure, they probably have some input as far as supplying information and art assets, but Microsoft just contracts outside studios to do these.  It's not like Bioware does those awesome The Old Republic trailers themselves, or as if Remedy did the Bright Falls shorts either.  Weird thing is I think most advertising firms can put more artistic and story-telling talent into one minute than most game developers can put into ten hours. "
Your actually quite wrong. Bungie first wanted to show the dismemberment of Kat's arm, but the Tv boards wouldn't run with that. So then they went with showing a bit of burning on the top of her left shoulder. Secondly the way the elites are lining up inside the Supper Carrier to get onto carriers, this was planned by Bungie. Everything but the making of the suits, the CGI and the filming wasn't done by Bungie. 
#27 Posted by Pandasaurus (115 posts) -

Every time i see one of these trailers my balls ache for a Halo film. I could not be more hyped for Reach right now, I have actively stayed away from any of the lore surrounding the Fall of Reach so I am clambering to find out what happened on Bungie's little doomed planet 

#28 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

That was class and a nice way to show how Kat lost her arm and how the original Noble 6 died.

#29 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

BadASSERY. I just want to play Halo: Reach forever.

#30 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Fucking amazing. Live action Halo marketing puts other game trailers to shame.

#31 Posted by Hashbrowns (650 posts) -
@RageGummy:
Sure, but my basic concern is that a lot of people think Bungie made that trailer.  Like I said, Bungie provides the ficitional setup information.  But every developer does that.  They go "we want this event to happen and that person in the trailer and here's our artwork showing what these things look like". 

Direction, casting, pacing, lighting, editing, and sound design are all handled by people other than Bungie.  And really, those define whether the trailer impresses or not.
#32 Posted by RageGummy (102 posts) -
@Hashbrowns: Very true, but I think Bungie Had more to do with it than that. The sound design is all sound files from Halo Reach. The banshee flying, the grunt Carter makes when he stabs the Elite in the back in the background are all sounds I heard from the beta. Also Lorrie from Bungie, one of the lead artists was on set all the time. If something wasn't to her liking they changed it. 
#33 Posted by Adexus (39 posts) -

That trailer is brilliant, have a few niggles with it though.

- The actors give out a kind of 'wobbly' and slow movement in some places which looks a bit stupid.
- The jetpack speed was ridiculous :P
- The bomb says 5 minutes at the beginning so its obviously meant to be a 5 minute trailer which is why it seems so cut down so I expect an extended version soon and it won't be he first time they did that.

#34 Posted by DoctorOptimist (502 posts) -

I'd still prefer this version. 

#35 Posted by Fosssil (627 posts) -

The music at the end of the trailer reminds me a bit of Gladiator.

#36 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

I want to see the full version.
#37 Posted by ShadowZ (7 posts) -

That looks interesting.

#38 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -

Apparently gametrailer tv is premiering the extended version on the 10th, but it will probably be on youtube before then.

#39 Posted by JohnKiller118 (62 posts) -

This better not be another "Believe." 
You know, when the ads have more emotion, tragedy, and sense of epicness than the game actually has.

#40 Edited by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -

I hate video game movies, but if Bungie ever made a Halo film that thing would shit money.

#41 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -
@JohnKiller118 said:
" This better not be another "Believe." You know, when the ads have more emotion, tragedy, and sense of epicness than the game actually has. "
That definitely bothered me about halo 3.
#42 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -
@Gizmo said:
" Microsoft are going crazy with the marketing for Reach. "

It's Halo's last hurrah for a while, and everyone will buy it.
#43 Posted by Adexus (39 posts) -

Extended version will be released on 6th September... I'm trying to remember where I read/heard it but for the life of me I can't recall.

#44 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -

Wow that was amazing, the song playing throughout was soooo good.

#45 Posted by repete (5 posts) -

it looks like its shaping up just nicely 

#46 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

I like the ODST videos better. But the music (Or humming) in that was amazing!

#47 Edited by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Make that 150 times longer and call it HALO. Make millions of dollars and make Halo even bigger than it already is.

But no. We get Kinect and a fancy d-pad. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.