Once More Unto Breach - First Ever Halo: Reach ViDoc released

Posted by Zereta (1368 posts) -
#1 Posted by Zereta (1368 posts) -
#2 Posted by LincoIn (255 posts) -

For the lazy...

Can't wait to try out the Beta myself.
#3 Posted by project343 (2833 posts) -

Looks very sexy. Unfortunately, while they may hit the pacing properly, it looks like the combat is more of the same. Halo 2 and Halo 3 were far too streamlined and perfected. Every combat scenario seemed worked into the ground. I think "overproduced" is the right word. Halo: Combat Evolved had far more interesting scenarios that were flawed--and it fundamentally changed the experience for the better (in my opinion, obviously).

I'm worried. I hope they do Halo:CE justice.

#4 Posted by big_jon (5743 posts) -

Wow I am finally impressed, look at the visuals and the way the elites move. Amazing.
#5 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

If dying of hype was possible. Well...

#6 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Sweet.

#7 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -

The best part in my opinion was when they discussed how they were going back to the huge environments with epic battles, and when they compared the Halo 3 graphics to the Halo: Reach graphics. Looks great, I can't wait for this game.

#8 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

Alright Bungie.

I'm listening.

#9 Posted by Kbm600 (446 posts) -
@End_Boss said:
" Alright Bungie.  I'm listening. "
This is the mode I'm in right now. I'm holding onto ODST so I can try out the beta, and Bungie has put out enough to perk my interest just enough for me to be slightly interested.
#10 Posted by Pie (7108 posts) -

Big battles look sexy

#11 Posted by big_jon (5743 posts) -

ELITES look like GOD!
#12 Posted by mikeeegeee (1574 posts) -

Looks quite promising. Really hope they deliver on the Halo:CE ambition. Liking the new BR a lot, like that the pistol zooms, liking the graphics. I know Bungie can pull this one off.

#13 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Very impressive looking.  Much nicer character models, huge environments, big battles..  
Looking forward to this one a lot.

#14 Posted by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Now I care. But why was he modeling Brutes at 4:33? They don't belong in Halo, period. That grenade launcher looks cool.

#15 Posted by Valco (328 posts) -

Hey guys, they didn't mention it in the video, but it turns out they've got more polygons!
#16 Posted by nywt (439 posts) -

I have to say that the only thing that really excited me about this game previously was the way it looked from the first trailer. After seeing this vidoc, I will not be able to stop thinking about this game until it ships. It really seems like Bungie is taking the criticisms of Halo 3 and ODST and making a much better game. Also, this video showed me four awesome things that I can't wait to play with: 

1. Grenade launcher: When are they aver not fun? 
2. 3rd Person Melee Kills: They look cool and really show the difference in scale between an Elite and a Spartan. 
3. Sprinting: From some of the fiction we all know that Spartans are more than just stronger (in terms of hand to hand combat) and bulkier (health, physical size) but now we can experience the thrill of a one ton man bull rushing enemies. 
4. The DR ( I believe that's what it's called, replacement for the BR?) fires a single round when zoomed in, much like the original design for the BR.  

All aboard the hype train!!!

#17 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -
@Bionicicide said:
" Now I care. But why was he modeling Brutes at 4:33? They don't belong in Halo, period. That grenade launcher looks cool. "
Probably because fighting the same few enemy types for a whole game gets rather dull.  I definitely think they should focus on the Elites, as they're always the best and provide a good fair fight.  But I wouldn't mind seeing the Brutes for a couple of encounters.
#18 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -

visuals look way better than i thought they were from the screen shots!

#19 Posted by Fosssil (627 posts) -

I'm disappointed that there wasn't any multiplayer gameplay shown, but what they showed of the campaign looks awesome. The night level seems very similar to "The Silent Cartographer" level from Halo: CE, which was one of my favorites. Also, the DMR looks especially good. I'm trying to keep my hype for this game to a minimum given Bungie's track record, but videos like that one make it difficult.

#20 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

Looks very, very promising. Loved this ViDoc.

#21 Edited by Evilsbane (4649 posts) -

Bungie, the only Halo game I haven't purchased day one was ODST and I stand by that decision, but I am going to get this one, so you better not...ah fuck it
 *Giggles like a schoolgirl and watches the video again*

#22 Posted by zombie2011 (4982 posts) -

I want this now!!!

#23 Posted by Maxism (47 posts) -

Where are all the Halo haters now?

Multiplayer GOTY confirmed.

#24 Posted by pause422 (6201 posts) -
@Maxism said:
" Where are all the Halo haters now?  Multiplayer GOTY confirmed. "
Yeah a campaign viddoc definitely says that. What?
#25 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

I hope Bungie really does something cool and unexpected with this game.

#26 Posted by ProfessorEss (7450 posts) -

You know I've never been a fanatic of the Halo games but I've always been a fan.

I gotta say I'm kinda surprised at the boner I seem to be slowly growing for Reach. 

#27 Posted by Capum15 (4930 posts) -

I came.

But seriously, looks awesome. Can't wait.

And did I see the Halo 1 pistol? Sure as hell looked like it.

#28 Posted by gungrave45 (124 posts) -

OMG AMAZING!!!!! I CANT WAIT

#29 Posted by Icemael (6339 posts) -

I've never really cared for the Halo games, but I gotta say, this looks pretty sweet. I'm definitely gonna keep my eye on it.

#30 Posted by mastrbiggy (229 posts) -

I agree, the game is looking really good.  I'm glad to see non-Halo fans taking interest. 

#31 Posted by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Too bad they didn't use this chance to have sight pictures for weapons though.

#32 Posted by Gr1mace (74 posts) -

Looks fantatic. Leagues ahead of what they've done on Halo 3 or ODST. C'mon May 3rd!

#33 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

I miss the vibrant colors from Halo 3. This game just looks.......... grey.

#34 Posted by harris (848 posts) -

Interesting video, but damn, the word "ViDoc" is terrible.

#35 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Before this I had only a small interest in Reach.  Now I'm like "DAMN SON."

#36 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -
@Bionicicide said:
"Now I care. But why was he modeling Brutes at 4:33? "

SPOILERZ!!!
#37 Posted by RuffRyder93 (23 posts) -

Do you know whats good as well. They are in alpha stage so the graphics are still going to be better. Bungie, lets see some gameplay. You have already got my purchase.
#38 Posted by Zereta (1368 posts) -
@RuffRyder93 said:
" Do you know whats good as well. They are in alpha stage so the graphics are still going to be better. Bungie, lets see some gameplay. You have already got my purchase. "
Gameplay in the ViDoc, yo. 

But yea, I need MP details stat!
#39 Posted by mastrbiggy (229 posts) -

Those faces they showed are seriously really amazing.  

#40 Posted by RuffRyder93 (23 posts) -
@Zereta:
Yea, I meant like some gameplay that is kind of only gameplay. Im not saying that the vidoc is bad. Just like to see some stuff.
#41 Posted by buzz_clik (6989 posts) -

Wait, you can run? Sold.

#42 Posted by Zereta (1368 posts) -
@RuffRyder93: True dat. Need some extendeded gameplay videos. Too bad I doubt thats gonna happen till like Beta time. We're lucking we're even getting such good, solid gameplay footage in the ViDoc. The alpha gameplay footage that came in the Halo 3 Brute ViDoc and Multiplayer Beta ViDoc were horrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.