Review Waiting Room

• 81 results
#1 Edited by R3Qui4M (409 posts) -

Review and the Quicklook should be going up in about an hour. I have Pulp Fiction running on my other screen with about an hour left. If you are waiting for the review please post and say what you all doing while you wait. 

EDIT: Review Embargo lifts 12:01 AM on Sunday.

#2 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

Isn't it 9 over there at the Pacific? I don't know, I'm on east coast.

#3 Posted by MichaelBach (890 posts) -

I think it's like in 4 hours.

#4 Edited by Vendetta (434 posts) -

I totally forgot about the whole 12:01 AM EST thing, may as well wait and check out the reviews now that I'm not going out tonight.

#5 Posted by big_jon (5789 posts) -

I was playing Halo 3 but now I shall watch the last Samurai.
#6 Posted by Cramsy (1177 posts) -

Tomorrow night  at midnight! the hype is got. 

#7 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

Do we actually know they're waiting up at the office until midnight to post this stuff?

#8 Posted by rjayb89 (7729 posts) -

It's 8PM here on the west coast.

#9 Edited by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

So wait, I gotta wait to 12 now? Dammit. Is GB posting theirs tonight as well?

#10 Posted by Malphye (410 posts) -

Watching some college football. So many games today I left work early and been sitting down since. I am going to try to get up now, wish me luck.

#11 Edited by R3Qui4M (409 posts) -
@Delphye: I've been sitting down for a while on a crime movie marathon. It went something like The Departed, Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction. 
PS: My ass hurts
#12 Posted by commandercup (497 posts) -

I'm confused, does the stuff go up tomorrow morning (tonight) at 12:01? Or the next day? IE. Is everything coming in under an hour?

Also, is a quick look confirmed to be up along with the review?

#13 Posted by Cramsy (1177 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
" Do we actually know they're waiting up at the office until midnight to post this stuff? "
I think they would be able to post from home
#14 Posted by DystopiaX (5361 posts) -

I thought it was coming Sunday night...

#15 Posted by Fosssil (627 posts) -
@commandercup: Embargo lifts at 9:01 PM Pacific time. So, about 35 minutes from now. Also, Jeff posted in another thread to confirm that they'd have about a 45 minute Quick Look as well.
#16 Posted by Malphye (410 posts) -
@R3Qui4M: LOL. Was able to make it to the kitchen and back, stock piled on donuts and root beer. Where did I go wrong!
#17 Posted by R3Qui4M (409 posts) -
@Gamer_152: I'm sure they have automated scripts that upload content based on a timer.
#18 Posted by Jeff (3670 posts) -
@commandercup: Yes, under an hour.
Staff
#19 Posted by pweidman (2364 posts) -

Embargo ends 9:00PM Pacific time, 12:00PM Eastern.  Jeff just said he'd post a review this w/e.  I bet we get the QL at 9:00.  There's a lot of stuff to look at and play, especially online.  Maybe he will break it up in sp and mp in seperate and then combined reviews.  I wouldn't blame him:p.  IGN's is up at 9:01PM Pacific btw.
#20 Posted by A_Wet_Shamwow (224 posts) -

I'm playing minecraft to pass the time

#21 Posted by Jeff (3670 posts) -
@R3Qui4M said:
" @Gamer_152: I'm sure they have automated scripts that upload content based on a timer. "
We do and they're awesome, but I can't help but sit here and do it manually when the big stuff comes around. Force of habit, I guess.
Staff
#22 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Embargo ends in 38 minutes.  I know IGN and G4 are putting them up right away.  Jeff said the review was going up tonight along with a quicklook. 

#23 Posted by commandercup (497 posts) -
@Jeff said:
" @commandercup: Yes, under an hour. "
Awesome, can't wait for it!
#24 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -
@Jeff said:
" @commandercup: Yes, under an hour. "
Okay, I am now appropriately hyped.
#25 Posted by big_jon (5789 posts) -
@Jeff:
Jeff, you be pimping.
#26 Posted by R3Qui4M (409 posts) -
@Jeff: WOW Jeff posting in my thread I'm truly honoured. Please see my profile page so that I can get the quest... Pretty please :-)
#27 Posted by Blueblur1 (344 posts) -

So we're getting a QL, too? If so, awesome!

#28 Posted by jkz (4061 posts) -
@Jeff: 

Don't lie. You do it so that you can get in your "first" post in before any of the other f5-ninjas.
#29 Edited by Soapy86 (2623 posts) -

You know....the staff should really have gold and diamond Mr. T-esque chains hanging around their avatars. 

On topic: Can't wait to see the review and quick look.

#30 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -
@Blueblur1 said:
" So we're getting a QL, too? If so, awesome! "
I hope it is not that quick of a look. I'd much rather have a quick look that is like 40 mins.
#31 Posted by R3Qui4M (409 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna: It is indeed more like 40 mins as Jeff said
#32 Posted by commandercup (497 posts) -
This thread is full of Jeffwin! I can't wait for the review and quick look now.
#33 Posted by big_jon (5789 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna:
@R3Qui4M:
I asked him he told me 45 mins.
#34 Posted by Spoonman (75 posts) -

I neither have a 360 or plan to buy one...and yet i'm in this thread is that wrong?

#35 Posted by Soapy86 (2623 posts) -

Not wrong, but certainly unusual. 

#36 Posted by big_jon (5789 posts) -
@Spoonman:
No as long as you don`t go off about how Halo is gay.
#37 Posted by Blueblur1 (344 posts) -

The more the merrier, Spoonman.

#38 Posted by R3Qui4M (409 posts) -
@Delphye: I think adrenaline kicks in when the body is desperate ;-P
#39 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I'm not a Halo fan, but seeing as this is Bungie's last stab at the franchise they created, I'm interested to see how well it turned out.

#40 Posted by Cramsy (1177 posts) -
@Spoonman said:
" I neither have a 360 or plan to buy one...and yet i'm in this thread is that wrong? "
It's for Halo, nothing wrong about that :)
#41 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -
@big_jon: @R3Qui4M: Awesome!
#42 Posted by R3Qui4M (409 posts) -
@Spoonman: No its just mob mentality, you want to be part of the event. You are welcome here as long as it is civil and regarding Reach.
#43 Posted by ashbash (374 posts) -

I might get this game even though I only have enough money to get one game. I've always enjoyed the multiplayer but I watched the first 2 and a half missions of Reach on YouTube and it looks really plain and boring. I'll wait and see if Jeff likes it and if he gives it five stars and doesn't say that the single player is boring I will buy it and then no longer have any money to buy any more games.

#44 Posted by R3Qui4M (409 posts) -

Thanks guys got the 10 profile views and the quest. Now if I could just get a "Blessing from on High" that would be great.

#45 Posted by Soapy86 (2623 posts) -

So...predictions on the score?

#46 Posted by Spoonman (75 posts) -
@R3Qui4M: No problems with Halo, and certainly all about being civil, just seemed strange that i haven't played much of any of the Halo games and yet here i am
#47 Posted by DystopiaX (5361 posts) -
@ashbash159 said:
" I might get this game even though I only have enough money to get one game. I've always enjoyed the multiplayer but I watched the first 2 and a half missions of Reach on YouTube and it looks really plain and boring. I'll wait and see if Jeff likes it and if he gives it five stars and doesn't say that the single player is boring I will buy it and then no longer have any money to buy any more games. "
I'm avoiding campaign spoilers, but everyone i've talked to said that the campaign is amazing, without going into any detail.
#48 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

I'm playing multiplayer on my iPhone. It's... not that great..

#49 Posted by R3Qui4M (409 posts) -
@Spoonman: Yeah I understand. That's how Halo became a phenomenon, Microsoft made it an event that people wanted to be part of, the games were also good and the franchise just took off.
#50 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -
@Soapy86:
Probably five stars.  Wasn't Jeff the one who gave Halo 3 a 9.5 on Gamespot?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.