Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

So this is on sale! But I want to know...

Syphous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Syphous

Is Halo Reach still played online? I'd like to get it, simply because I do not own a single Halo game, but I'm mostly interested in playing the multiplayer. Is the player base still healthy?

Overall, would you say this game is still worth getting? Especially under 10 dollars?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hatking

I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to guess it is still very active. They made a lot of changes in Halo 4, I thought they were good changes, but I bet there is a large group that disagrees. On top of that, Reach was the last one with the survival mode in it. They, for a reason that escapes me to this day, decided that they couldn't keep that mode and Spartan Ops. I still put it in every once in a while to relive some of the stuff that didn't make the transition.

Reach is a cool game, providing you're willing to do the Halo thing, it's definitely worth playing through. The story is a lot more contained than the other Halo games, so you don't really need to know much going in. I know you said you're mostly interested in the multiplayer, but the single player is worth that price tag by itself.

Edit: Did some poking around, and although I don't really have a specific number of active players, I don't think you'll have any trouble finding matches.

-Cipher-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even the old COD games are active to a certain degree, finding a match might take longer than usual, but i'm willing to bet it's still active.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That I dont know about the mp... but it is the best single player Halo around

Syphous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Syphous

Thanks everyone. I'm going to go ahead and pick it up. Hard to pass up at this price.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There's plenty. Honestly I think the player population might even be higher than Halo 4.

maverick1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be willing to net there are still active players in halo 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.