Spartans never die, their just MIA

• 72 results
Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

After just watching the first actual trailer for this game (via VGA's) I can fully say that I am 100% pumped for this game, judging by the names they threw around in the trailer its going to be exactly like the book. WHICH IS AMAZING. I was worried they were going to make it some weird alternate version of Reach but nope there totally going to have the cast from the book. Also I am really digging the character design, its not just a bunch of Master Chiefs running around. They, like in the books, have there own unique armor which just added to my excitement to this game. I absolutely cannot wait for this game.

Is anyone else not extremely excited for this game after seeing that???

#1 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

After just watching the first actual trailer for this game (via VGA's) I can fully say that I am 100% pumped for this game, judging by the names they threw around in the trailer its going to be exactly like the book. WHICH IS AMAZING. I was worried they were going to make it some weird alternate version of Reach but nope there totally going to have the cast from the book. Also I am really digging the character design, its not just a bunch of Master Chiefs running around. They, like in the books, have there own unique armor which just added to my excitement to this game. I absolutely cannot wait for this game.

Is anyone else not extremely excited for this game after seeing that???

#2 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2052 posts) -

I am totally hyped for this game. When they showed that Elite at the end it made me smile. I can't wait for the beta.

#3 Edited by Rallier (1739 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that the majority of people who saw they were extremely underwhelmed.

#4 Posted by LincoIn (255 posts) -

It's Bungie, it's Halo, how can I not be excited? Fall of Reach was my favorite novel for the series too so I'm looking forward to the campaign.

#5 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@Rallier said:
" I'm pretty sure that the majority of people who saw it were extremely underwhelmed. "
I was one of them. Nothing really jumped out at me. Didn't look any better, or different than ODST or even Halo 3.
#6 Posted by xyzygy (9949 posts) -

That was actually awesome. The graphics are a major step up from Halo 3 and well MAN I can't wait to fight alongside Spartans! Bungie is going to make this EPIC!

#7 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

I was pretty disappointed honestly, it was kind of a boring trailer to me.

#8 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

Looks like the Halo hate squad is on que.

#9 Posted by xyzygy (9949 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" Looks like the Halo hate squad is on que. "
Yeah pretty much. I don't know what their problem is.
#10 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
Its a bit hard to get excited for a trailer that does not tell all that much. I would have preferred some gameplay myself.
#11 Edited by HistoryInRust (6293 posts) -
@Rallier said:

" I'm pretty sure that the majority of people who saw it were extremely underwhelmed. "

Obviously, it's contingent on your expectations. 

I'm a big Halo fan. And Halo: Reach tickled the more cerebral part of my gaming-brain. It's like ODST, more subtle. Bungie isn't trying to "wow" you anymore with shots of the Master Chief diving out of a goddamn spaceship or standing on a cliff overlooking a battalion of Covenant Cruisers. 

Before, that was Bungie's sole purpose in their teasers. Now, they're a more mature studio. I mean, look at the teaser for ODST. There was the incredible juxtaposed against the personal. And we're getting that again.
#12 Posted by GeneralTurkle (335 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
They always are, my friend.

But it took me by surprise by far.  Looked like it was running on a new engine and the armor they had on looked fantastic
#13 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

I think its cool that their following the book. While the trailer wasn't anything spectacular at least its something.

#14 Posted by TooWalrus (13169 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: Welcome to Giantbomb... /sigh. 

I can totally see why the trailer didn't win over anyone who actively hates Halo. It's more of the same, but it's better looking updated, which is good enough for me.
#15 Posted by HistoryInRust (6293 posts) -
@Tactical_Kill said:
"

I think its cool that their following the book. While the trailer wasn't anything spectacular at least its something.

"
Definitely. 

And Fall of Reach is often cited as the best of the Halo novels. Very glad Bungie is reacting to that praise.
#16 Posted by LincoIn (255 posts) -

For those that missed it...

#17 Posted by Gahzoo (361 posts) -

So a book based on a game turned into a game itself, huh? Cool, I guess. 

I did hear it would play a lot more like Halo: CE, which, in my opinion, was the only good Halo. 

So, REJOICE!
#18 Posted by Gabriel (4061 posts) -

Looked Pretty good, but it was a fairly boring trailer and i couldn't tell which one was master chief, I think Geoff might have over hyped it a little bit unless he saw something we didn't.

#19 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

#20 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -

nothing special, i'm sure all the halo fanboys are pissing their pants watching it but halo 1 was the only halo game I enjoyed

#21 Posted by Moztacular (467 posts) -

Bungie's never gonna make anything except Halo, I dont care what they tell themselves. Cheers for a new graphics engine though

#22 Posted by Walreese55 (504 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: no, not really. there was no gameplay. the graphics looked great, but it was nevertheless a cinematic. if the gameplay is still the same, then I probably will not get this game.
#23 Posted by calidan777 (853 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" @Rallier said:
I was one of them. Nothing really jumped out at me. Didn't look any better, or different than ODST or even Halo 3. "
Are you blind??!?! It looked way better than Halo3/ODST.
#24 Posted by GeneralTurkle (335 posts) -

Did anyone take notice as to how big that BR on his back is in the trailer?

#25 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

What happened in the trailer wasn't that amazing, but considering it was in engine and looked like cg blows my fucking mind.  Who thought Reach was going to look as good or better than Uncharted?

#26 Posted by Zereta (1365 posts) -

Uneventful trailer it may be, but Bungie knows how to hype by showing nothing much and boy, they won.

#27 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@calidan777 said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @Rallier said:
I was one of them. Nothing really jumped out at me. Didn't look any better, or different than ODST or even Halo 3. "
Are you blind??!?! It looked way better than Halo3/ODST. "
I noticed some slight differences, but I didn't see any indication that was in engine footage.
#28 Posted by EpicSteve (6483 posts) -
@Rallier said:
" I'm pretty sure that the majority of people who saw they were extremely underwhelmed. "
I am one of those
#29 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" @calidan777 said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @Rallier said:
I noticed some slight differences, but I didn't see any indication that was in engine footage. "
I heard that Bungie stated the footage would be in engine (I'm too lazy to actually find that from bungie so I'll leave it at that)...so if that was in engine this game is going to look fucking brilliant. 
#30 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@brainboy77 said:
" @Jeffsekai: no, not really. there was no gameplay. the graphics looked great, but it was nevertheless a cinematic. if the gameplay is still the same, then I probably will not get this game. "
That was defiantly not a cinematic.
#31 Posted by calidan777 (853 posts) -

Here is the quote from this week's "Bungie Weekly Update":

" We can hardly wait. A tremendous amount of work went into this two and a half minute first look. Creative Director Marcus Lehto, and his Halo: Reach team knew it was gonna be a challenge to get it into fighting shape in just two months time, but they didn’t want your first look to be CG footage. You demand more from Bungie. So you’re getting a snippet of a cinematic."

You can read the whole thing here.

#32 Posted by calidan777 (853 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @calidan777 said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @Rallier said:
I noticed some slight differences, but I didn't see any indication that was in engine footage. "
I heard that Bungie stated the footage would be in engine (I'm too lazy to actually find that from bungie so I'll leave it at that)...so if that was in engine this game is going to look fucking brilliant.  "
@Jeffsekai said:
" @brainboy77 said:
" @Jeffsekai: no, not really. there was no gameplay. the graphics looked great, but it was nevertheless a cinematic. if the gameplay is still the same, then I probably will not get this game. "
That was defiantly not a cinematic. "
That was in engine footage.
#33 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -
@calidan777:   THIS HAS ME SO FUCKING STOKED! 
#34 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@calidan777: Thank you very much for posting that, people dont give Bungie any credit. Halo looks good ? It just HAS to be a CG movie. pfff
#35 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

For some strange reason, I bought into the hype of Halo 3, preordered it and then sometime down the road realized I'm not even really a big Halo fan and didn't pick my copy up till about two weeks after it was released even though I had prepaid for the entire thing >.> Took me a good long while to finish it as it just didn't really appeal to me.. it felt so... generic.

Never again shall I make the mistake of buying into Halo hype! Though for those who enjoy the series, all the power to ya and hopefully the game is evrything you want it to be.

#36 Posted by gungrave45 (123 posts) -

The trailer was in game ppl. not a cg cut scene. i cannot wait for this game!

#37 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

The graphics look amazing and I am pretty psyched already. I hope to see some gameplay soon and I can't wait for the beta this spring!

#38 Posted by Capum15 (4876 posts) -

As a fan of the previous games (sans Halo Wars, I just haven't played it), I'm stoked. I'm a bit too "Fanboy'd out" from the VGA thread, but I can't wait.

#39 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" The graphics look amazing and I am pretty psyched already. I hope to see some gameplay soon and I can't wait for the beta this spring! "
Yeah man, I'm as excited as this guy. 
#40 Posted by calidan777 (853 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:
" The graphics look amazing and I am pretty psyched already. I hope to see some gameplay soon and I can't wait for the beta this spring! "
"
That's fuckin' awesome, lol.
#41 Posted by belaraphon (451 posts) -

it will be neat to see how other spartan personalities are. so far we've really only been given a taste of master chief who is a self sacrificing hero.  the dude with a skull on his helmet and sharpening a knife on his arm seemed pretty legit.

#42 Posted by Giantsquirrel (601 posts) -
@Rallier said:
" I'm pretty sure that the majority of people who saw they were extremely underwhelmed. "
Zero hype here. Showed basically everything we knew already. I wanted gameplay.
#43 Posted by Giantsquirrel (601 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:
"
We're friends now.
#44 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -
@Giantsquirrel said:
" @Rallier said:
Zero hype here. Showed basically everything we knew already. I wanted gameplay. "
You knew the engine looked exponentially better than Halo 3?
#45 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11630 posts) -

If they manage to mix up the gameplay enough from the Halo 3 model I will care. Otherwise no.

#46 Posted by gla55jAw (2687 posts) -

I've got to say that was a pretty sweet quote.
#47 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Game looks like shit. A skull on a helmet? How fucking original, Bungie. Stupid assholes.

#48 Posted by Giantsquirrel (601 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @Giantsquirrel said:
" @Rallier said:
Zero hype here. Showed basically everything we knew already. I wanted gameplay. "
You knew the engine looked exponentially better than Halo 3? "
Was it a surprise? New game looks newer. I want to know more about the gameplay, not about the meathead characters I will spend the duration of the game wishing death upon.
#49 Edited by SuperSecretAgenda (696 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:

" Game looks like shit. A skull on a helmet? How fucking original, Bungie. Stupid assholes. "

Skulls on helmets?

People with guns?

SPACE MARINES

HOW DARE THEY!
#50 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" Game looks like shit. A skull on a helmet? How fucking original, Bungie. Stupid assholes. "
Nice comment, idiot. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.