Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

SWAT should be in a playlist of its own.

• 79 results
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

I play Halo multiplayer for Halo, not campfest one shot kills. And beings as it seems to be the most popular choice whenever it comes up, I think it should be in a different playlist. Does anybody else agree, or am I alone in this?

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By FreakAche

Yes! I hate this mode so much. It's just CoD, but without the cool weapons, killstreaks, or any of the game mechanics that make that type of gameplay work.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FourWude

YES!!

And can someone confirm my suspicions that the headshot detection is slightly off. Sometimes I'm pummelling guys at POINT BLANK range in the back of their head and it takes 4-5 bullets to kill them. Whilst other times someone walks round the corner who clearly HAS NO TIME to aim for a headshot and I'm dead in one hit.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mikeeegeee

I completely agree, come to think of it. SWAT fundamentally changes how the game is traditionally played, thus warranting a new playlist. It's not at all far off from "realistic" shooters like COD, BF, and Rainbow Six in terms of pacing.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy

I like SWAT.....

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jack268

I like SWAT too, and i disagree completely with it being similiar to CoD. CoD awards spraying and praying, nevermind where you are aiming while SWAT awards you for actually being able to hit the head. There's also no nades in SWAT so you don't get clusterfucked by random grenades. 

I think a bigger problem is assholes ragekicking you for running in trying to steal a guy who you just stuck.

PS3RG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PS3RG

I like SWAT too.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Mighty

I completely agree. I love, absolutely LOVE SWAT, but when I want to play some Headhunter or just straight up Slayer, SWAT gets picked. Now, I don't mind a ton, but if I wanted to play SWAT, I would play another playlist.
    illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By illmatic19

And Snipers. This is getting REALLY annoying. 

The last 10 games I've played were either SWAT or snipers. 

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Subjugation

I love swat ... 
    Good players learn to adjust.

mowgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mowgers

Yeah, I dig SWAT. They should make it a separate game type, throw a couple variants in there. It'd be badass. I played a game today, SWAT big team battle on Spire. Four of my team dropped out as soon as it started, we had half the men they did, and we won. Close as shit though, 75-73. Real tense toward the end.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mighty
    @weeman105 said:
    "I love swat ... Good players learn to adjust. "

But whenever you want to play something else and SWAT is there, it always gets picked.
    ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By ATrevelan

Every game I've played so far has been fucking SWAT, with the exception of one Invasion Slayer--which doesn't have SWAT as an option, luckily. 

Keep in mind that I've only played 2-3 games a night for the past few days, but that's still 15 straight games of SWAT. Now that Reach's got the Sprint armor ability, it's MUCH more like one of the other shooters and a whole hell of a lot less like Halo.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A-fucking-gree.

So lets voice this on Bungie.net so that they will notice.
    If it's so popular people will play SWAT anyway and the rest of us can play Slayer without fear of getting put in a swat.

Also, can't we just have a modern slayer? Like with the armor abilities and stuff? Half the modes disable or limit weapons/armor abilities.
    What's the freaking point?

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ViciousReiven

I like SWAT, SOMETIMES, not ALL THE DAMN TIME! 
    If it had it's own playlist sure I'd try it every once in a while but I hate EVERYONE WHO PICKS SWAT when better game types are available.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CL60
    @weeman105 said:
    " I love swat ... Good players learn to adjust. "
    Good players learn to adjust? I want to play Halo, not something that barely even resembles what I want to play. Not everybody wants to play SWAT every single time it shows up on the voting thing, they want to play what they chose to play. Which would be Slayer. If I want to play SWAT, I should be able to choose a playlist specifically for it.
    Halz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Halz
    @mikeeegeee said:

" I completely agree, come to think of it. SWAT fundamentally changes how the game is traditionally played, thus warranting a new playlist. It's not at all far off from "realistic" shooters like COD, BF, and Rainbow Six in terms of pacing. "

I like to shoot and punch dudes in the face.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60 said:
    " @weeman105 said:
    Good players learn to adjust? I want to play Halo, not something that barely even resembles what I want to play. Not everybody wants to play SWAT every single time it shows up on the voting thing, they want to play what they chose to play. Which would be Slayer. If I want to play SWAT, I should be able to choose a playlist specifically for it. "
    Now this I can agree with. I think most gametypes should have their own playlists. I just don't like when people compare SWAT to CoD, I've played a lot of CoD and I think SWAT is quite different.
    Pumer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pumer

I completely, and totally agree.  Swat is a fun gametype, but if I'm playing slayer I want to play slayer, not COD lite.  

If only Halo had dedicated servers.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Afroman269

Dude yes. I would love me some dedicated SWAT. Also I don't really run into campfests in SWAT. I tend to run around a linear path around the path looking for fools. Rarely do I find one person camping somewhere.

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wasara88

Yeah the playlists suck at the moment, but this will be a temprorary problem. It really pisses me off when i see that one of the options is snipers or SWAT and just know that it will be picked.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Djeffers03

I agree, it should have it's own playlist instead of interrupting others. It doesn't matter if you like the gametype or not, infact you should support it becoming it's own seperate playlist because that means you get to play it more often if you choose. 
    @weeman105
    said:

@PS3RG said:
    " I like SWAT too. "
    @Redbullet685 said:
    " I like SWAT..... "
    You 3 clearly didn't think before posting.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DystopiaX
    @CL60: Yeah, same with snipers. For pretty much the opposite reason though- sometimes I just want to play snipes, etc. 
    There should be one dedicated to slayer pro as well, cause i fucking hate armorlock. 
    Also, SWAT is broken on Zealot- people can camp the low-G area and just cover all the lifts up.
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Subjugation
    @CL60 said:
    " @weeman105 said:
    Good players learn to adjust? I want to play Halo, not something that barely even resembles what I want to play. Not everybody wants to play SWAT every single time it shows up on the voting thing, they want to play what they chose to play. Which would be Slayer. If I want to play SWAT, I should be able to choose a playlist specifically for it. "
    My comment was directed at the game type, not dealing with playlists. I thought you were bagging on the game type rather than it being interspersed with slayer matches. "Good players learn to adjust" meaning that those with quick reflexes and a good aim will do really well in swat. I specifically chose to play swat back on Halo 2. I will concede that it makes skill disparities stand out like a sore thumb though. If you can't pull off a headshot, don't play it. You will just get rolled by the people who have that down to a science.
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By Sooperspy
    @Djeffers03:  I wasn't really replying to the topic. I was to everyone who had said they hated or disliked it. 

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#26  Edited By ImperiousRix

I really like SWAT, but it does make sense that it'd be put into a different playlist.  Technically, it IS Slayer, but the way it's played is just so different that I think it (and Snipers) warrants a playlist of their own.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FlipperDesert
    @illmatic19 said:
    " And Snipers. This is getting REALLY annoying.  The last 10 games I've played were either SWAT or snipers.  "
    Goddamn, yes, this. SWAT wasn't in the team slayer playlist in Halo 3 so it wasn't such a problem then but snipers was the gametype that put me off Halo 3 matchmaking and it's doing the same thing with Reach.
    R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By R3Qui4M

Bungie has said that the limited playlists was to accommodate the initial launch load. They also said that the gametypes with popular demand(How many times they get voted) will get a dedicated playlist in October.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DougQuaid
    @Mowgers said:
    " Yeah, I dig SWAT. They should make it a separate game type, throw a couple variants in there. It'd be badass. I played a game today, SWAT big team battle on Spire. Four of my team dropped out as soon as it started, we had half the men they did, and we won. Close as shit though, 75-73. Real tense toward the end. "
    The more players you lose, the bigger advantage you have in SWAT.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CL60
    @R3Qui4M said:
    " Bungie has said that the limited playlists was to accommodate the initial launch load. They also said that the gametypes with popular demand(How many times they get voted) will get a dedicated playlist in October. "
    I hope they do.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I absolutely love SWAT, but hey, a separate playlist would be great as far as I'm concerned. For the record, I never really camp while playing SWAT and usually I dominate in this game type.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

I'm straight with SWAT. What I'm sick of is Invasion on Spire!! Goddammit people, pick a different map I hate that map.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ryax

swat is my favorite. reminds me more of css than cod

AsianSwagger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AsianSwagger

I agree, Swat is definitely my favorite game type. However I think that just all of the gametypes should have separate playlists. Personally I hate Sniper and DMR slayer...

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By sparklykiss
    @FourWude said:
    " YES!!  And can someone confirm my suspicions that the headshot detection is slightly off. Sometimes I'm pummelling guys at POINT BLANK range in the back of their head and it takes 4-5 bullets to kill them. Whilst other times someone walks round the corner who clearly HAS NO TIME to aim for a headshot and I'm dead in one hit. "
    I have had the same problem. I know my aim is already hella shaky, but for me to be 110% certain that I'm aiming at someone's head and not getting a kill? Kind of bugs me. I've saved a few replays after and the person I'm gunning is always near dead. But that get me, shields and all, in one hit. I don't understand. D:<
    zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By zidane_24

I agree, but I know if it was I would never play swat anymore. The people who choose that playlist are going to be the people that are good at swat. If you just have it in team slayer, and it gets picked, people are less likely to be teh leet haxxors and pop my dome from across the map all the time. Makes me feel better about my mediocre halo skills when I can play swat and do pretty well.

But yes, it should be separate. I'm just being selfish.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By Sambambo

100%. I love SWAT and want to play it when I decide! 

So annoying when you get a team who want a normal slayer and SWAT gets picked. -10s all round...

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By Hourai

I only played one game of SWAT and I hate it already. 

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By harris

Yep, SWAT belongs in it's own playlist. I hope they fix this soon.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By adoggz

I would love to have a playlist dedicated to swat. then we could get variations on swat like elite swat ,which is like swat but with elites, stealth swat ,which is like swat but with active camo, and some objective swats too. Hell, maybe there could even be invasion swat which would be like invasion but also swat.

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

I love you right now for starting this thread. SWAT is horrible and strips away everything that I love about Halo multiplayer. Lots of people like it, however, so my wishes of it burning in hell will never come true. Hopefully Bungie decides to make a SWAT playlist so those who like it can stay there and those of us who don't can stay far away.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#42  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I completely agree. The way SWAT works completely changes the fundamentals of Halo, it becomes all about who's fastest on the trigger more than anything else. I understand SWAT has its fans but the gametype seems so far removed from regular gameplay. Anybody looking for SWAT has to drudge through playlists of wildly unSWAT-like gametypes to get to it and anybody who doesn't like it risks running into it in normal play.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MikkaQ

Nah, it doesn't come up that often, and when it does, it's like a fun bonus round or something. Separating it into another playlist means I'd probably never play it.  

Now Slayer Pro... that could be moved to a whole other galaxy and I wouldn't miss it a second. 

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Noodles

I love SWAT, but I also think it should be its own gametype. There are more than enough people playing Reach to sustain more niche gametypes like that.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I agree, sometimes I want regular Slayer, but I always get outvoted.  

Besides, I think SWAT is only good on Ivory Tower/Reflection. 

Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By Bigrhyno

I agree somewhat, but will take it a step further. I don't have a problem with SWAT specifically, but with how the playlists work in general. The problem is that there are so many gametypes in Halo that not everyone is going to like the same ones. Players should be able to check or uncheck which gametypes they like in an options menu and be paired with players who have similar preferences.  

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Diamond

They need to split up ALL the modes quite a bit.  I just want to play some regular FFA Slayer and I'm getting into all sorts of shitty gametypes that I have no interest in playing.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CL60
    @Bigrhyno said:
    " I agree somewhat, but will take it a step further. I don't have a problem with SWAT specifically, but with how the playlists work in general. The problem is that there are so many gametypes in Halo that not everyone is going to like the same ones. Players should be able to check or uncheck which gametypes they like in an options menu and be paired with players who have similar preferences.   "
    That's a good idea.
    fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By fattony12000

Ah, good 'ole SAS, it was a brilliant gametype for practising your BR aim, especially on Lockout in Halo 2.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By fjordson

Bungie is putting SWAT into its own playlist. I don't mind SWAT, but I'd rather not have it in the Team Slayer playlist, so I'm fine with the move.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.