Team Classic is so good.

#1 Posted by Rawrz (590 posts) -

Anyone else play this yet? I was pretty skeptical at first but was surprised at just how well a lot of these forge world remakes turned out. I like all the Halo 1 love with maps like Damnation and Hang Em' High making a return.

#2 Posted by big_jon (5741 posts) -

Have not tried it yet.

#3 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

What is it?

#4 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Is Team Classic the game mode without armour abilities? I kinda want to try this playlist. I've been out of Halo for so long...

Ehh... who am I kidding. I can't adapt to melee fighting in shooters these days and refuse to try.

#5 Posted by Rawrz (590 posts) -
@Sasran:  Yeah the removed the abilities as well as increased the game speed and jump height as well as reduce the melee damge to make it feel more like Halo 1 and 2.
#6 Posted by EpicSteve (6490 posts) -

Is the pistole super powerful? I should check this out. 

#7 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
@Rawrz said:
" @Sasran:  Yeah the removed the abilities as well as increased the game speed and jump height as well as reduce the melee damge to make it feel more like Halo 1 and 2. "
That actually sounds very appealing. Maybe I'll check it out.
#8 Posted by Rawrz (590 posts) -
@EpicSteve: Sadly no. It still takes 5 shots to kill someone like the normal Reach pistol.
#9 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1263 posts) -

Even without the pistol being as awesome as it was, this sounds pretty good. I could go for some more Halo.

#10 Posted by ez123 (1967 posts) -

No, I haven't played it yet but thanks for the heads up.  Other than the Hang 'Em High remake, it sounds enjoyable.        

#11 Posted by Rawrz (590 posts) -

If anyone wants to know what remakes are in the playlist its Lockout, Hang 'Em High, Rat Race, Damnation, Derelict, Elongation, Midship, Beaver Creek, and Warlock. Of course there all given different names but those are the maps so far.

#12 Posted by big_jon (5741 posts) -

I just tried it, I found it to be cool.

It's fan made maps too.

#13 Posted by Mystyr_E (1194 posts) -

they're neat but I think my lack of knowledge of Halo and Halo 2 maps is being a detriment because I have no clue where things are so "oh I can take this guy on" and rockets to the face

#14 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

I should probly buy Halo Reach at some point...

#15 Posted by MightyJ77 (40 posts) -
@Mystyr_E: I'm in the same boat you are.  I tried it out the other evening and enjoyed the maps, but got my ass handed to me.
#16 Posted by ToxikPandaKoi (109 posts) -

remake guardian! :D

#17 Posted by salad10203 (654 posts) -

They should remake Chiron TL-34 haha

#18 Posted by Nux (2381 posts) -

Nope never played it.
#19 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

I got back into Halo Reach a few days ago and Team Classic is all I've been playing. I love not having to deal with losers spamming armor lock as soon as they take damage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.