The DMR is the greatest thing ever.

• 0 results
#1 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -

Seriously, I can't stop using this thing. If I see it on the ground, I pick it up immediately regardless of my other weapons. Its so perfectly balanced as opposed to the BR and not only requires precision aiming but timing between shots to be effective. Its also pretty decent at close range if you have a good trigger finger.

#2 Posted by ICryCauseImEmo (522 posts) -

I personally like the Type-31 better, but they are both great weapons. And if you are good at aiming head shots, they are so deadly.

#3 Posted by pweidman (2325 posts) -

My fav also, but lately the Covenant needle rifle has been moving right up next to it.  All the weapons feel, sound, and perform better than any previous Halo game imo. 
#4 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -

Out of the country right now so won't get to play the full game for a while but damn, I loved this gun in the beta - that and the needler rifle are just so damned satisfying when used correctly

#5 Posted by Finstern (641 posts) -

I'll pick the needle rifle over the DMR any time, only because theres a chance I can splash damage any friends hes near if I supercombine

#6 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

I hate using it. When someone is running at me blasting bullets into my face at full auto I would rather not have a weapon that shoots insanely slow.

#7 Posted by Zinc (200 posts) -
@Finstern:  That's the way to do it!
#8 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

I love the DMR as well.  My friends and I always tried to get one first when we played campaign.  I just wish it had a higher maximum ammo capacity.

#9 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I'm having a hard time adjusting from the BR to the DMR but it's definately a better gun nonetheless.

#10 Posted by ICryCauseImEmo (522 posts) -
@CitizenKane: I agree 60 is a bit low.
#11 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

Yup, both the Needle Rifle and DMR are excellent weapons and I am glad they replaced the Battle Rifle. For starters I like the designs of the weapons, and I also enjoy having to tap the trigger like that.

#12 Posted by Moody_yeti (369 posts) -

No,No its not.

#13 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

DMR duels are intense and much more fun than BR fights in halo 3 but they still can't touch magnum vs magnum. Those things require nerves of steel and pinpoint precision but when you do get it right a wild grin appeared.

#14 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

Agreed.

#15 Posted by aurahack (2270 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" I hate using it. When someone is running at me blasting bullets into my face at full auto I would rather not have a weapon that shoots insanely slow. "
4 to the body, 1 to the head. Even if it shoots slow, you'll still be able kill him first if you get all your shots right.

Not against a Needler Rifle, though. Fucking love that gun so much.
#16 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

I have trouble using the needle rifle. I can't get it to friggin explode on the guy. So, I stick to the DMR. That gun is awesome.

#17 Posted by TheOther (77 posts) -

It supercombines when you hit an unshielded target 3 times. So you first need to get him unshielded and at that point it's all the same to just go for a headshot if possible.

#18 Posted by brownsfantb (392 posts) -

Yeah, the DMR is awesome. The regular assault rifle that you start out with in Slayer sucks so bad. I look for the DMR every time I spawn. Either that or just use the Magnum.

#19 Posted by mikeeegeee (1554 posts) -
@Finstern said:
" I'll pick the needle rifle over the DMR any time, only because theres a chance I can splash damage any friends hes near if I supercombine "
And it's for this reason that the needle rifle has a slight advantage over the DMR. Unless there's something I'm overlooking (ammo capacity)?
#20 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" I have trouble using the needle rifle. I can't get it to friggin explode on the guy. So, I stick to the DMR. That gun is awesome. "
I agree.  I'm surprised with all the needler rifle love.  I"m probs doing it wrong.
#21 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

I love the DMR as well, the balance between rapid-fire and high power, the force feedback on the controller, the look of the gun and the sound it makes all give it a really powerful feel.

#22 Posted by KyleDaniels (75 posts) -

The needle rifle is my shit. Not so much the DMR. . .  but I'm working on it.

#23 Posted by Pumer (37 posts) -
@brownsfantb said:
" Yeah, the DMR is awesome. The regular assault rifle that you start out with in Slayer sucks so bad. I look for the DMR every time I spawn. Either that or just use the Magnum. "
The assault rifle is actually a really effective weapon at mid-close range.  On smaller maps I always go AR over DMR.
#24 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -

DMR is usually my reserve weapon, it's so sexy 

#25 Posted by Peacemaker (1104 posts) -

DMR + Plasma pistol cut through elites.

#26 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@withateethuh:  For a second there I thought that you said DRM and I wanted to slap you.
#27 Posted by SimbaDoozle (45 posts) -

Magnum > All

#28 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

The DMR is seriously the best Halo weapon ever.

#29 Posted by supermike6 (3557 posts) -

DMR and the Needle Rifle are my two favourite guns. That's probably because they're both practically the same thing.

#30 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

I love the DMR, it's all about the timing.

#31 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I'd argue it's too good.

#32 Posted by HeliumSpoon (135 posts) -

yes
#33 Posted by MethodMan008 (809 posts) -

Grr... I am so halo ignorant, which gun is the DMR?

#34 Posted by Rawrz (590 posts) -
@MethodMan008: the gun thats like the battle rifle from past Halo games, only this time its single shot instead of burst. If you ever played any slayer pro in then its the default gun you spawn with.
#35 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

DMR's pretty boring. I'd rather blow someone up, or at least fill 'em with lead machine gun style. If I want that kind of experience, I already think the pistol is waay more effective. I'll use that 90% of the time instead of the DMR in SWAT or DMR Slayer. 

And I quit every Slayer Pro match I've seen. 

#36 Edited by adoggz (2062 posts) -

I love the DMR. It is an elegant weapon for a more civilized age. None of this spray and pray shit and no unnecessary explosions. Just the right amount of damage right where you need it.

#37 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -

I always preferred Halo 2 and 3's Battle Rifle over the Assault Rifle and now I prefer the DMR. Precision is always better than bullet-spraying

#38 Posted by spartan1017 (222 posts) -

DMR = Halo CE Pistol

#39 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

I agree, the DMR kicks ass. It is way better than the battle rifle, which is still good gun in my opinion.

#40 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I prefer the needle rifle more because it has that explode dudes ability. 

#41 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -

Not quite in love with the DMR yet, but I can definitely see it's potential.

Now about that Needle rifle. Its awesome and all, but I cannot get a single kill with that damn thing no matter how many rounds I unload into the guy. I have to be using this thing wrong or something.

#42 Posted by Wasara88 (332 posts) -

I think the Needle Rifle has a little slower recovery rate for the bloom effect than the DMR has. I haven't confirmed it but when there is a long range battle i have allways fared better with the DMR. This is really easy to notice on forge world matches.

#43 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2494 posts) -

DMR blows... but, I also suck at Halo, so...

#44 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

DMR + Plasma rifle (the larger one) is the best combo IMO.

#45 Posted by Fosssil (627 posts) -
@spartan1017 said:
" DMR = Halo CE Pistol "
Hardly, but it's still a pretty good weapon.
#46 Posted by StupidGamer (155 posts) -

DMR is my favorite weapon, by far. Give me a plasma pistol and the DMR and I'll mow down enemies. Pop those shields with the plasma and then headshot with the DMR. For Firefight, nothing is more effective in as many situations as the DMR. I typically get 60 headshots minimum with the DMR because you can just slaughter Jackals, Grunts, and Brutes with it.

#47 Posted by Old_Man_Coaster (13 posts) -

I like the DMR well enough, but it is easily the weapon of choice for my gf.  She really loves the thing.

#48 Edited by Xs1nX (19 posts) -

Not a fan of the DMR, a major factor in this is I suck with it though. Part of this is I am sure is down to Reach being somewhat of a throwback in terms of damage,  almost every shooter these days follows the "modern"  model of Call of Duty regarding how many bullets an enemy can take in Single and  especially Multiplayer before they expire. For me this takes some getting used to after playing so much MW2 and BF2.

#49 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

I like it too but I really need to figure out the rhythm of the timing because I am not doing so hot with it yet.

#50 Posted by StupidGamer (155 posts) -

My favorite thing to do with it is to pop a Jackal in the hand and then headshot him as he reacts. Sooooo satisfying each and every time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.