Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

The Grenade Launcher

Avatar image for deactivated-6442941ed320c
    deactivated-6442941ed320c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I must confess, initially I hated this weapon and then one day when playing Firefight I accidentally selected the load-out with it. Took some time getting used to it, but now I actually really enjoy it. It's a great multi-purpose tool, excelling at taking out clumped up infantry, disabling vehicles and doing decent damage to a larger unit (as well as EMPing). It's low ammo is a bit of a pain, but when you're in the zone with it, it's a very satisfying weapon.  

What does anyone else think about it? Love, loathe, indifferent?

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaneDev

I love it but its not a priory at the start of a match but when I go for it its always there since no one else seems to use it. I agree with being in the zone sometimes I get some good kills and it work really well other times its hard to use but I am definitely getting much better at using it. I see it as a support weapon rather than a power weapon.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Pie

A fully loaded warthog with a good grenade launcher dude in passenger seat is lethal

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I feel like it's not powerful enough. The grenades don't seem to have a powerful enough blast like the regular grenades do.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jack268

I haven't played with it much but the times I do pick it up it feels really shitty to use. I guess I need to get used to it like you did but at the moment I'd rather use the magnum.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I like to see how long it takes people to realize you can hold the trigger down when you fire to time the explosions.

GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GTFan712
    @Make_Me_Mad: I constantly have to explain how to use the Grenade Launcher properly. It seems like everyone I play with is still clueless to that fact that you can keep the trigger held down, and upon releasing the trigger, you release an EMP black equivalent to that of the Plasma Pistol. 

Although it is pretty hard to use long range, the Grenade Launcher can be very effective mid-range if you know how to use it. The Cage seems to be map I pick it up on the most, mainly because that map sucks and killing people with the GL makes it a bit more enjoyable.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I use it all the time!
    Besides it being a great EMP for vehicles (or banshee's midair if you time it right) it's a sick weapon if you hit someone with the grenade full on.
    It's area of effect is pretty limited but if you hit a player on the body its a kill most of the time.

Low ammo for sure tho!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By xyzygy
    I love that gun! It's awesome for luring people out and setting traps. Just shoot a grenade, hold the trigger, then let it go when someone's over it, haha :P 

@PrivateIronTFU
    said:
    " I feel like it's not powerful enough. The grenades don't seem to have a powerful enough blast like the regular grenades do. "
    It's probably because they give you a lot more ammo. You can only carry 2 grenades at a time, but you can carry 16 of these grenades for the gun. If it was as powerful as the regular grenades it would be overpowered.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pie: I never considered that. You'd win vehicle fights pretty easily with  a good shot. 

@Jack268: Ah, but you can combine the two! EMP them with the grenade launcher and then headshot them with the magnum.  

I also forgot to say, one of my other favourite uses for it is at the end of the round. Fire the grenade held down and release it for a mini-firework!
    adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By adoggz

i don't like the pro pipe. I haven't really used it much so i'm not really sure what to do with it but i don't practice with it because i don't like it so ugh.

edit also i have 666 posts, woooooo

Reizarvg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Reizarvg

I've only used it in firefight, but that's basically all I use. On certain maps, you can kill an entire drop in the first 2 waves with 1 grenade. Also, they don't explode on impact if it's fired too close. You can kill a Grunt by smashing him in the face with a big ball of metal which bounces off and then blows up all the other grunts.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jack_daniels
    @Joelteon7:  It's useless in team slayer. Unless you get a 1 shot kill your dead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jack_Daniels: Perhaps. If you're quick enough to EMP and switch, it could work. Not to mention for any clusters. You definitely need the back-up of at least one squad member though to get the most out of the kit.
    Binbay55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Binbay55

I definetly agree. With the Pro Pipe and DMR combo is almost over-powered. Managed to get a Frenzy the first time I tried it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.