Thursday Night Throwdown 09/16: Halo: Reach

• 68 results
Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

After being preempted by the Whiskey Media Big Live Live Show, Live! last week, Thursday Night Throwdown returns with the thunderous crack of a Brute's gravity hammer with none other than Halo: Reach! I don't know how familiar you dudes are with video games, but it's my understanding that the Halo series is pretty well-known for its multiplayer, and Halo: Reach may just feature the most robust multiplayer in a Halo game yet, something we'll try and take full advantage of starting at 4PM Pacific Daylight Time this Thursday!

If you want to get in on the action, simply send a friend request to GBTNT on Xbox Live. Also, as select members of the Giant Bomb community are already aware, we've been crowdsourcing our TNT promos, which is another way of saying that we make you do the work! If you want to get in on the Photoshop phun, check out this thread to find out how you can contribute. Please make sure to read the first post in the thread for guidelines.

Otherwise, be sure to join us, and all of your friends in the chat, this Thursday at 4PM Pacific Daylight Time for your next Thursday Night Throwdown!

Staff
#1 Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

After being preempted by the Whiskey Media Big Live Live Show, Live! last week, Thursday Night Throwdown returns with the thunderous crack of a Brute's gravity hammer with none other than Halo: Reach! I don't know how familiar you dudes are with video games, but it's my understanding that the Halo series is pretty well-known for its multiplayer, and Halo: Reach may just feature the most robust multiplayer in a Halo game yet, something we'll try and take full advantage of starting at 4PM Pacific Daylight Time this Thursday!

If you want to get in on the action, simply send a friend request to GBTNT on Xbox Live. Also, as select members of the Giant Bomb community are already aware, we've been crowdsourcing our TNT promos, which is another way of saying that we make you do the work! If you want to get in on the Photoshop phun, check out this thread to find out how you can contribute. Please make sure to read the first post in the thread for guidelines.

Otherwise, be sure to join us, and all of your friends in the chat, this Thursday at 4PM Pacific Daylight Time for your next Thursday Night Throwdown!

Staff
#2 Posted by keris (165 posts) -

interesting

#3 Posted by Gregomasta (1541 posts) -

SECOIND

#4 Posted by netfluffyG (65 posts) -

i'll be there.

#5 Posted by daggon55 (114 posts) -

Man, list is already full :(

#6 Edited by ez123 (1946 posts) -

Did the friends list fill up in a couple of minutes or did you guys accept them yesterday?

#7 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

Fucking sweet

#8 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

I can't wait! hopefully i complete the campaign on wednesday when i get the game, then i'll bring the multiplayer heat for thursday's TNT!

#9 Posted by McDunkin (318 posts) -

Friends list is already full?  Maybe wait until Thursday morning to take the invites?

#10 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Friends list is already full. How shitty.

#11 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

TNT makes me sad, I work during those hours. But should be fun to watch!

#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (15857 posts) -

Cool.

#13 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -
@Ryan: Have you guys cleared out the list from the last TNT? Or has it just filled up really fast?
#14 Posted by ez123 (1946 posts) -

Oh, I tried again and now it says friend request pending. Hope that means I'm in.

#15 Posted by HistoryInRust (6279 posts) -

I won't be playing, but I'll see y'all muh-fukahz in the chat!

#16 Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

it just filled up stupid, ridiculous, crazy fast. Sorry guys! 

Staff
#17 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Depressing.

#18 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

Tune in a listen to Giantbomb bash Halo for 2 hours! 

#19 Posted by Tonic7 (238 posts) -

Well that was fast, ha. Oh well.

#20 Edited by Milkman (16543 posts) -

This may be the first TNT I actually participate in.

#21 Posted by Bartman3010 (443 posts) -

TNT makes me wish I didnt have to pay to play Xbox Live titles.

#22 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

...would've never guessed.

#23 Posted by brocool (701 posts) -

Izzz zhere ps3 version

#24 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Friend request sent!

#25 Posted by Yummylee (21305 posts) -

Uncharted 2 next week puleeze!

#26 Posted by Milpool (506 posts) -

Aw :(  

This would have been my first TNT.  Oh well watching is fun too.

#27 Posted by Tyashki (211 posts) -

TNT makes me wish I was free Friday mornings.

#28 Posted by commandercup (500 posts) -

Damnit, I just realized that I have class on Thursdays now... although I'll only miss 30 minutes to an hour of the TNT's, so I'll get some of it.

#29 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Do they ever accept new requests if people don't show up on Thursday? 

Been looking forward to this, and already have my copy of Reach, but it filled up super quick.

#30 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6191 posts) -

I got accepted.

@Fjordson said:

" Do they ever accept new requests if people don't show up on Thursday?   Been looking forward to this, and already have my copy of Reach, but it filled up super quick. "

Well if someone removes themselves from the list then yes but not during the TNT. I really hate people playing a different game during TNT. They discourage so many.
#31 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut:  Yeah, I guess it wouldn't make sense to do that on Thursday. Ah well, I'll be watching the live stream at least.
#32 Posted by polarbearadept (14 posts) -

I'm looking forward to seeing this on Thursday.

#33 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

@Sir_Ragnarok said:

" I won't be playing, but I'll see y'all muh-fukahz in the chat! "
I donno... seems like the prime time of year for people to be dishin' out some Lair of the Shadow Broker spoilers and what-not in the chat. Then again, every chat session has those people. 

I'll be watching... maybe.
#34 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

I missed the Halo beta TNT, so I'm glad I got in this one.

#35 Posted by GirnBlanston (102 posts) -

I'd sign up, but my copy won't get here in time.
#36 Posted by MaxReboh (18 posts) -

I think i will join the  Thursday Night Throwdown!this week.
Max

#37 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

Awesome, this will be my first TNT hopefully!
Anyone know what I do if it turns out I can't make it?

#38 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
@TheBeast: If you're not able to actually participate within the hours the TNT runs for. Just remove yourself from the TNT friends list (assuming they accepted you) so they don't waste an invitation on you and that there's the possibility of a free slot on the list for someone else. It's the gentlemanly thing to do!
#39 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -
@Ryan said:
" it just filled up stupid, ridiculous, crazy fast. Sorry guys!  "
Could you perhaps then thin it out and send invites while it happens? because its an 360 exclusive, and the guys who got accepted are given double of the normal amount of time to play.
#40 Posted by MrMuscle (443 posts) -

This is the first TNT that makes me wish i lived in the US and the same timezone.
#41 Posted by Jackel2072 (2239 posts) -

damnation! 

#42 Edited by G24S (281 posts) -

Wtf.  Yesterday my friend request was pending, but now it's gone from the list. :(

#43 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Oh well, didn't appear to make the friends list.  Will still have a fun time watching all of the carnage!

#44 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -

I'm not going to make it today. So i removed myself. 
There is now 1 slot open!

#45 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@Jethuty said:

" @Ryan said:

" it just filled up stupid, ridiculous, crazy fast. Sorry guys!  "
Could you perhaps then thin it out and send invites while it happens? because its an 360 exclusive, and the guys who got accepted are given double of the normal amount of time to play. "
Or... this community could help each other by removing themselves after they've played.

Yeah. Like that would ever happen :(
#46 Posted by Capum15 (4827 posts) -

I really wish I didn't have classes today, then I could've totally sent a request and played, or at least watched it live...ah well, I'll just watch the Archive.

#47 Posted by alternate (2688 posts) -

So who is playing for the home team?  Guessing Brad or Drew.  I would have guessed Jeff but his twitter suggests he is flying off somewhere (unless he is flying back from somewhere?).

#48 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart: I made it in, but once I've played a round, I'll totally jump ship if it'll get someone new in.
#49 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

Damn! I wanted to play!! :( :( :(

#50 Posted by Scotty_Gun (23 posts) -

gamertag = old Scotty Gun.  I'm down for firefight, invasion or whatever.  Bring it on!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.