Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

What did you think of Halo Reach's E3 2010 game-play footage?

• 78 results
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spartan14003

I think the gameplay footage pretty f*#%ing awesome, it's like Halo: CE on steroids. I'm just happy to see the Elites back as the primary enemy, they were such a fun enemy to fight and far better than the lame Brutes. The inclusion of Space battles is something I wanted since before Halo 3's release, they look like an epic mix of Star Fox 64 and Colony Wars. The game looks gorgeous, this is game looks just as good, if not, better than Gears of War 3.  I loved Firefight from ODST, but this looks far more chaotic and intense, and there's finally matchmaking for this mode for once. I was disappointed by the last three Halo titles, but this looks like to deliver on all of it's promises.

II reall for this game already, this and Crysis 2 are on my list of must have FPS of 2010.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

It looks pretty good. What really made me excited was the space battle at the end. 

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MysteriousBob

Its Halo. 

So no, I didn't watch it. I learnt my lesson from buying Halo 3. 'sigh' Never again.

Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spartan14003
    @drag said:
    " My mind grapes dribbled out two thought when I watched it.   1. "Yup. It's a Halo game."  2. "Oh ... space fights? That's cool I guess." "
    Well? What's wrong with that? If it wasn't Halo, then it wouldn't be Halo. It doesn't have to be another military and "realistic" military shooter like Call of Duty 4 or any of the other watered down military shooters that try to emulate it's success or it's godawful sequel.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Spartan14003 said:
    " @drag said:
    " My mind grapes dribbled out two thought when I watched it.   1. "Yup. It's a Halo game."  2. "Oh ... space fights? That's cool I guess." "
    Well? What's wrong with that? If it wasn't Halo, then it wouldn't be Halo. It doesn't have to be another military and "realistic" military shooter like Call of Duty 4 or any of the other watered down military shooters that try to emulate it's success or it's godawful sequel. "
    Chances are you will not like what I say. 

The halo games where milked to far. Along with most series that go beyond two games. CE was great. It was new and a bold move. Moving to ODST that was a rip off. You mostly just paid for Halo 3 maps and firefight. Halo reach seems like something that should have been made instead of ODST. 
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By zeforgotten

It's just another Halo. 
    And it has a single Space Combat encounter thing. 
    It's a Halo Game, with a hint of Battlefront 2. 
    Seems alright, it's the first Halo game I'm willing to sit down and play with a couple of friends. 

Globox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Globox82

Looks like outdated crap compared to other big titles out there, i mean just look at Rage or Killzone 3 and then look at Halo reach lolz. Gears 3 before it looked freaking awesome and then came Reach joke. But Halo boys will eat it all up no worries.

Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spartan14003
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @drag said:
    Well? What's wrong with that? If it wasn't Halo, then it wouldn't be Halo. It doesn't have to be another military and "realistic" military shooter like Call of Duty 4 or any of the other watered down military shooters that try to emulate it's success or it's godawful sequel. "
    Chances are you will not like what I say.  The halo games where milked to far. Along with most series that go beyond two games. CE was great. It was new and a bold move. Moving to ODST that was a rip off. You mostly just paid for Halo 3 maps and firefight. Halo reach seems like something that should have been made instead of ODST.  "
    Of course Halo is more milked than the Call of Duty series, look at the results: 

2001: Halo: Combat Evolved 
    2003: Halo: Combat Evolved (PC Port) 
    2004: Halo 2 
    2007: Halo 3 
    2009: Halo Wars and Halo 3 ODST 
    2010: Halo Reach 

Now let us look and compare with the non-milked Call of Duty franchise: 

2003: Call of Duty 
    2004: Call of Duty: United Offensive and Call of Duty Finest Hour 
    2005: Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 2: Big Red One 
    2006: Call of Duty 3 
    2007: Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty: Roads to Victory
    2008: Call of Duty World at War 
    2009: Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 2 Mobilized
    2010: Call of Duty: Black Ops 

As you can clearly see, Halo is more milked than Call of Duty. 

In all seriousness, Halo is being milked but it's one of the least milked popular game franchises.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Spartan14003 said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Spartan14003 said:
    " @drag said:
    Chances are you will not like what I say.  The halo games where milked to far. Along with most series that go beyond two games. CE was great. It was new and a bold move. Moving to ODST that was a rip off. You mostly just paid for Halo 3 maps and firefight. Halo reach seems like something that should have been made instead of ODST.  "
    Of course Halo is more milked than the Call of Duty series, look at the results:  2001: Halo: Combat Evolved 2003: Halo: Combat Evolved (PC Port) 2004: Halo 2 2007: Halo 3 2009: Halo Wars and Halo 3 ODST 2010: Halo Reach  Now let us look and compare with the non-milked Call of Duty franchise:  2003: Call of Duty 2004: Call of Duty: United Offensive and Call of Duty Finest Hour 2005: Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 2: Big Red One 2006: Call of Duty 3 2007: Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty: Roads to Victory2008: Call of Duty World at War 2009: Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 2 Mobilized2010: Call of Duty: Black Ops  As you can clearly see, Halo is more milked than Call of Duty.  In all seriousness, Halo is being milked but it's one of the least milked popular game franchises. "
     The halo games where milked to far. Along with most series that go beyond two games.  

I never called out halo by its self. Read my post.  
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Spartan14003
    @Globox82 said:

" Looks like outdated crap compared to other big titles out there, i mean just look at Rage or Killzone 3 and then look at Halo reach lolz. Gears 3 before it looked freaking awesome and then came Reach joke. But Halo boys will eat it all up no worries. "

Killzone 3 looks like Killzone 2 but in a snowy setting, how riveting... Not to mention that Killzone 2 was just another watered down military shooter that's disguised in a futuristic setting and it was only slightly better than Modern Warfare 2... that's not saying much. Killzone 3 doesn't look any different, but don't worry, all of the Killzone boys will eat it up. See how that feels?

I will agree with you on Rage, but you're still a bit of a dick. Then again, Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 look a lot more interesting.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Spartan14003 said:
    " @Globox82 said:

" Looks like outdated crap compared to other big titles out there, i mean just look at Rage or Killzone 3 and then look at Halo reach lolz. Gears 3 before it looked freaking awesome and then came Reach joke. But Halo boys will eat it all up no worries. "

Killzone 3 looks like Killzone 2 but in a snowy setting, how riveting... Not to mention that Killzone 2 was just another watered down military shooter that's disguised in a futuristic setting and it was only slightly better than Modern Warfare 2... that's not saying much. Killzone 3 doesn't look any different, but don't worry, all of the Killzone boys will eat it up.  I will agree with you on Rage, but you're still a bit of a dick. "
    Same can be said for Halo. Take away the space part. What do you have?
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Spartan14003
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Spartan14003 said:
    " @drag said:
    Of course Halo is more milked than the Call of Duty series, look at the results:  2001: Halo: Combat Evolved 2003: Halo: Combat Evolved (PC Port) 2004: Halo 2 2007: Halo 3 2009: Halo Wars and Halo 3 ODST 2010: Halo Reach  Now let us look and compare with the non-milked Call of Duty franchise:  2003: Call of Duty 2004: Call of Duty: United Offensive and Call of Duty Finest Hour 2005: Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 2: Big Red One 2006: Call of Duty 3 2007: Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty: Roads to Victory2008: Call of Duty World at War 2009: Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 2 Mobilized2010: Call of Duty: Black Ops  As you can clearly see, Halo is more milked than Call of Duty.  In all seriousness, Halo is being milked but it's one of the least milked popular game franchises. "
     The halo games where milked to far. Along with most series that go beyond two games.   I never called out halo by its self. Read my post.   "
    I know, I just wanted to make sure that you weren't a Call of Duty fanboy (Don't worry, I'm not a Halo fanboy. To prove it: Halo 3's single-player and story was: bleh.) It's just that many would consider Halo to be "the most milked franchise of all time" which is a bunch of bullshit. There are far more milked franchises,. 

Here are examples: 
    • Street Fighter
    • Pac-Man
    • Sonic
    • Mario
    • Final Fantasy
    • Tony Hawk
    • Call of Duty

Halo is a half-empty milk carton compared to those games. Not to mention that Reach is not a cash in for the franchise, Bungie is actually exploring a large portion of it's universe for once and it's their last Halo game. They want to end their series with a bang, and Reach looks like it could end it with a bang. If it ended with Halo 3, the series would've ended with a whimper.
    Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I thought it was brilliant, it was definitely my game of E3 and fuck the haters.

Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spartan14003
    @drag said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @drag said:
    Nothing wrong with it if you like Halo ... I don't, so that is what happened inside my poor brain shortly after the video poured in through my eye holes. Then, slightly interested because I think the whole space-shooter genre has died a death and I'd like to play a good one, or a game with good space shootery bits in it ... then not interested again when I found out it was only 1 mission in the whole game. Boo. And ... no ... of course it doesn't have to be another military shooter :/ that would be an awful idea for everyone even distantly involved. "
    Bungie was just teasing us and they said there would be more unexpected surprise later.
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Spartan14003
    @Agent47CSim2 said:
    " I thought it was brilliant, it was definitely my game of E3 and fuck the haters. "
    Indeed, fuck the haters. Not the people who disliked the footage, the haters. Remember folks, there's a difference between the two.
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zeforgotten
    @Spartan14003 said:
    " @drag said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @drag said:
    Nothing wrong with it if you like Halo ... I don't, so that is what happened inside my poor brain shortly after the video poured in through my eye holes. Then, slightly interested because I think the whole space-shooter genre has died a death and I'd like to play a good one, or a game with good space shootery bits in it ... then not interested again when I found out it was only 1 mission in the whole game. Boo. And ... no ... of course it doesn't have to be another military shooter :/ that would be an awful idea for everyone even distantly involved. "
    Bungie was just teasing us and they said there would be more unexpected surprise later. "
    Hahaha, you really think that "OH LOOK! A SECOND SPACE COMBAT MISSION!" is gonna be one of their "unexpected surprises" ?  
    Think out of the box, ok.  
    I know you're a big fan of the series, but damn dude.  
    Get real for once :P
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spartan14003
    @ZeForgotten said:

" @Spartan14003 said:

" @drag said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @drag said:
    Bungie was just teasing us and they said there would be more unexpected surprise later. "
    Hahaha, you really think that "OH LOOK! A SECOND SPACE COMBAT MISSION!" is gonna be one of their "unexpected surprises" ?  Think out of the box, ok.  I know you're a big fan of the series, but damn dude.  Get real for once :P "
    Dude, Bungie stated that there's only one Space Combat scenario in th game. The game won't allow any more after that, I actually do my research before I let out the inner fanboy within me thank you. 

EDIT: I'm also, not THAT big of a fan of this series. I loved the first two, the third one left me pretty dissapointed. While I loved the multi-player and it's new features, the single-player and story left me underwhelmed. Halo 3 ODST was just an over-priced DLC to cash in for the franchise, the game was good with a campaign and story better than Halo 3 and Firefight was awesome, the game is too short and there's no matchmaking for Firefight which was total letdown. Halo Wars was just, bleh!
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Demyx

I didn't think much. I was surprised about the space combat, but its not like its anything I haven't seen before. I played the beta, so the gameplay wasn't really new to me. Halo isn't bad, but I've played all but the first and halo wars, but always on somebody else's xbox.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Spartan14003 said:
    " @Agent47CSim2 said:
    " I thought it was brilliant, it was definitely my game of E3 and fuck the haters. "
    Indeed, fuck the haters. Not the people who disliked the footage, the haters. Remember folks, there's a difference between the two. "
    What? Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell. 
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zeforgotten
    @Spartan14003 said:
    " @ZeForgotten said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @drag said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @drag said:
    Hahaha, you really think that "OH LOOK! A SECOND SPACE COMBAT MISSION!" is gonna be one of their "unexpected surprises" ?  Think out of the box, ok.  I know you're a big fan of the series, but damn dude.  Get real for once :P "
    Dude, Bungie stated that there's only one Space Combat scenario in th game. The game won't allow any more after that, I actually do my research before I let out the inner fanboy within me thank you. "
    They stated that, and I clarified it with them when I was there.  
    It's my job, I was just saying that there are no surprises in the game that will make peoples fussy little heads explode. 
    It's a Space Combat mission, and probably a "OMG LOOK! It's MCs underpants!" somewhere in a locker or something.  
    But there's nothing wrong with being a fanboy, just don't be ashamed to admit it, it only shows that you're not sure that your favorite game is actually any good. 
    SlayingShogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SlayingShogun

<>

Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Spartan14003
    @Agent47CSim2 said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @Agent47CSim2 said:
    Indeed, fuck the haters. Not the people who disliked the footage, the haters. Remember folks, there's a difference between the two. "
    What? Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.  "
    No, if someone says: "I wasn't impressed, I didn't like it". That's perfectly okay for them to say that. However, if someone expressed it like this: "Gaylo Reach Around looks teh same! Gaylo fanboys is gonna eat itz up! Modern Warfare 2 PWNS Gaylo! HUR HUR HUR HUR!" Then they really need to GTFO for intentionally trying  to stir up flamewars and internet drama.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By Pie

I really liked the almost concept art type look it had, especially the skyboxes. 
    The gameplay looked like halo which I still enjoy. 
    When the space battle first started I got really excited but after a moment it just looked really slow and limited in movement. Looked pretty though. 
    I thought the transition between ground and space was really awesome aswell. 
    I hope they do more one off things like the space combat in the game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Spartan14003 said:
    " @Agent47CSim2 said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @Agent47CSim2 said:
    What? Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.  "
    No, if someone says: "I wasn't impressed, I didn't like it". That's perfectly okay for them to say that. However, if someone expressed it like this: "Gaylo Reach Around looks teh same! Gaylo fanboys is gonna eat itz up! Modern Warfare 2 PWNS Gaylo! HUR HUR HUR HUR!" Then they really need to GTFO for intentionally trying  to stir up flamewars and internet drama. "
    I would regard someone saying that it's just Halo and the franchise is being milked, when they haven't even watched the video as a hater, yes.
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Spartan14003
    @ZeForgotten said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @ZeForgotten said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @drag said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @drag said:
    Dude, Bungie stated that there's only one Space Combat scenario in th game. The game won't allow any more after that, I actually do my research before I let out the inner fanboy within me thank you. "
    They stated that, and I clarified it with them when I was there.  It's my job, I was just saying that there are no surprises in the game that will make peoples fussy little heads explode. It's a Space Combat mission, and probably a "OMG LOOK! It's MCs underpants!" somewhere in a locker or something.  But there's nothing wrong with being a fanboy, just don't be ashamed to admit it, it only shows that you're not sure that your favorite game is actually any good.  "
    Well I didn't say there will be anything mind-blowing to be sure, because we don't know. As for the Space Battles didn't blow me away, it surprised me and left me with something unexpected. It's something I wanted for the franchise for a long time, since Space battles fit nicely within the universe.  

Oh, and there's a lot to be wrong with being a fanboy. 

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Globox82 said:

I'm honestly not sure how you can critisize Halo but then praise Killzone, when it's always been nothing but a second rate immitation.  It's the dictionary definition of a Halo clone, and offers nothing original or even interesting.  Besides rather pretty graphics.

I'm also not sure what looked outdated about it.  It doesn't use scripted encounters and scenes the way games like Call of Duty does, and instead features large encounters with advanced A.I. which in my opinion makes the gameplay a lot more fun, especially on co-op.  It means every enemey encounter plays out differently, each time you play it.  Unlike say Call of Duty where you know where each enemey will be and what will happen once you've played it once.  The fact it doesn't have duck and cover gameplay is actually a point in it's advantage, in my opinion.

Also have to point out that being a fanboy for something else is no better than being a fanboy for Halo.  You can't crtisize someone for doing something you're doing yourself, you're just making yourself look stupid.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By xyzygy

I really, really don't understand Halo hate and how people say it's "milked". I can think of so many other examples of games that are milked far more. The difference with Halo is that Bungie has been loyal to it's fans and they don't release games like 5+ years after each other. Yet because of that fact, people misinterpret that as being "milked". So what if a completely different studio made an RTS? Are you going to say that Silent Hill franchise is being milked too? Those games are always switching developers yet I'd hardly call them milked.  

Also, the pricing of ODST was not Bungie, it was MGS. They are the publishers. 

Halo Hate is just a bandwagon that is easy to jump on because it's cool to hate things that are popular. That's as simple as it is.

Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Spartan14003
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @Globox82 said:

I'm honestly not sure how you can critisize Halo but then praise Killzone, when it's always been nothing but a second rate immitation.  It's the dictionary definition of a Halo clone, and offers nothing original or even interesting.  Besides rather pretty graphics.   I'm also not sure what looked outdated about it.  It doesn't use scripted encounters and scenes the way games like Call of Duty does, and instead features large encounters with advanced A.I. which in my opinion makes the gameplay a lot more fun, especially on co-op.  It means every enemey encounter plays out differently, each time you play it.  Unlike say Call of Duty where you know where each enemey will be and what will happen once you've played it once.  The fact it doesn't have duck and cover gameplay is actually a point in it's advantage, in my opinion.Also have to point out that being a fanboy for something else is no better than being a fanboy for Halo.  You're just making yourself look stupid. "
    Amen to everything you've said brother, but I disagree with you on Killzone 2. The game seemed more like a Call of Duty 4 clone than Halo, the Resistance series is a Halo clone but a good one. Killzone 2 was decent, but that's about it. I practically forgotten that the game existed and played Call of Duty 4 and then eagerly awaited for Modern Warfare 2.... I wished I kept my expectations low for that game.
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zeforgotten
    @Spartan14003: So being a bigger fan of a specific franchise is no good because some internet jobber says so? 
    That's kinda sad, not being able to like a game a little more than others.  Sorry to hear that 
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Spartan14003
    @ZeForgotten said:

" @Spartan14003: So being a bigger fan of a specific franchise is no good because some internet jobber says so? That's kinda sad, not being able to like a game a little more than others.  Sorry to hear that  "

No, it's the way it's nature and the behavior of fanboys that's bad. They become wild up and crazy when they see an opposing opinion, besides respectively counter-pointing, they just ramble a bunch of nonsense and make a baby temper tantrum. The way they expressed they fanboyis/fangirlism is regurgitating as well, they're always like: "This blah is the best of all time, it's better than blah blah blah blah".  

Also, that's not some just some internet jobber. He's a very wise man on YouTube, something that is rare on that website. Watch this video, it's a very good rant.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Tesla

I thought it looked pretty cool.  Haters gonna hate, and Reach will end up being one of the best shooters of the year.

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By Bombs_Away

It was good, I just wish there would be quite an in-depth space combat element to it, not just a single section. I get the feeling they might be holding out for a spin-off with that theme. Still, that hasn't been done in a while, might be fun!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zeforgotten
    @Spartan14003: So you are unable to form your own opinion and have to user other peoples videos to say what "you" feel? 
    And again, dumb hidden insults are boring, try something better. 

No, actually don't. I don't care about people from Youtube. 
    It's Youtube after all
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pinworm45

I was content to let Reach pass by without giving it a second thought, given that I could not endure past the half way mark of the borefest that was ODST. 

Then I saw the space battles. 

I gave it a second thought.

Kahoona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By Kahoona

Bungie has been releasing the same game with minimal improvements for 4 games now...what makes this one any different?

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @ZeForgotten said:
    Your posts are a little hypocritical.  Defending a game because you're a fan of it makes a lot more sense than fanatically unwilling to recognise anything good about it, despite allegedly "not caring about the series".

When I don't particularly care about a game, I tend to just flat out ignore it, or at most post my opinion and move on.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By Brendan

I'm moderately excited I suppose, since the beginning of Halo 3 I've come to expect a certain kind of solid shooter from the franchise that's always a good time for a while. ( not that I'm opposed to change or anything)  I bought up to Halo 3, but just rented ODST, and I'll probably do the same with Reach. 
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By zeforgotten
    @WinterSnowblind: I never said I didn't care about the series. 
    I just said that Reach was the only game I was willing to sit down and play with a couple of friends.  
    I also have never said that there was nothing good about the games either.  

I have said that there was nothing new, and I stick with that. 
    Everything Halo has done we've actually seen many times before
    Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By Dantekiller

let me just say NO NO NO NO its still Halo nothing was changed and im sick of halo already let that game die its becoming like mortal kombat

Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Spartan14003
    @Dantekiller said:
    " let me just say NO NO NO NO its still Halo nothing was changed and im sick of halo already let that game die its becoming like mortal kombat "
    I know right? I mean, Reach is no different than the previous Halo games. In the previous Halo games, there were sandbox levels, you get to fight along with Spartans, you had armor abilities, Space battles, assassination moves, blooming crosshairs, and matchmaking in fire fight.....oh, wait!
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'm never particularly impressed with Halo in video form.
    Those games have always been about how they play for me.

Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Spartan14003
    @Kahoona said:
    " Bungie has been releasing the same game with minimal improvements for 4 games now...what makes this one any different? "
    Have you actually beaten the campaign in all of them ? They're keep the same feeling but make some improvements and changes . 

For example: 

Halo 2: 

• Replaced health bars with regenerating health
    • Duel-wielding 
    • Melee lunge
    • The ability to hi-jack vehicles
    • The ability to play as a Elite (In the campaign, The Arbiter has the ability to cloak unlike the Master Chief)
    • You can jump higher and move faster
    • You can't take fall damage
    • Xbox-Live multi-player
    • New enemies, such as the Drones and Brutes
    • Of course: New weapons and vehicles
    • Plays more like Unreal Tournament than opposed to Halo: CE's Counter-Strike feel

Halo 3:  

• The ability to rip-off turrets from their tripods
    • Forge
    • Theatre Mode
    • More variety in the level design
    • Four player co-op
    • The elites are replaced by Brutes as the primary enemies (Unfortunately)
    • Interactive scarab battles
    • Stronger melee attacks 
    • Equipment items

Halo Wars: 

• It's an RTS for consoles

Halo 3 ODST: 

• You're an ODST instead of a Spartan (Makes things tactical)
    • Health bars are back
    • Melee isn't as strong as the Spartan's melee attacks
    • Open world night time exploration
    • No duel-wielding
    • Firefight 

They all feel like Halo, but add a few new stuff to keep it fresh and familiar, like 90% of most video game sequels. Despite Halo 3's campaign and story being nothing more than lackluster, Scarab battles were pretty awesome though.
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Spartan14003
    @ZeForgotten said:
    " @WinterSnowblind: I never said I didn't care about the series. I just said that Reach was the only game I was willing to sit down and play with a couple of friends.  I also have never said that there was nothing good about the games either.   I have said that there was nothing new, and I stick with that. Everything Halo has done we've actually seen many times before "

Not really, Halo: CE was pretty innovative for shooters for it's regenerating shield, which influenced many shooters. It was also innovative for it's seamless mix of off-hand grenade throwing, weapon bludgeoning melee attacks, and gunplay, which Bungie refer as the: "Golden-Tripod".
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Spartan14003
    @Tarsier said:

"i don't think that video matters. we know how the game is going to play, we played the beta, they're not going to change it and it's going to be crap. "

Why exactly is it crap? 

EDIT: 
    *Looks at his or her Best of 2009 list and sees Modern Warfare 2 on it and then giggles* You know what? You don't have to explain anything to me.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Spartan14003 said:
    " @Kahoona said:
    " Bungie has been releasing the same game with minimal improvements for 4 games now...what makes this one any different? "
    Have you actually beaten the campaign in all of them ? They're keep the same feeling but make some improvements and changes . 

For example: 

Halo 2: 

• Duel-wielding 
    • Melee lunge
    • The ability to play as a Elite (In the campaign, The Arbiter has the ability to cloak unlike the Master Chief)
    • Xbox-Live multi-player
    • Plays more like Unreal Tournament than opposed to Halo: CE's Counter-Strike feel

Halo 3:  

• Forge
    • Theatre Mode
    • Four player co-op
    • Stronger melee attacks 
    • Equipment items

Halo Wars: 

Halo 3 ODST: 

• Health bars are back
    • No duel-wielding
    • Firefight 

They all feel like Halo, but add a few new stuff to keep it fresh and familiar, like 90% of most video game sequels. Despite Halo 3's campaign and story being nothing more than lackluster, Scarab battles were pretty awesome though.
    "
    ODST had stamina and health. Stamina pretty much being shields. 
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Spartan14003
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @Kahoona said:

For example: 

Halo 2: 

• Duel-wielding 
    • Melee lunge
    • Xbox-Live multi-player

Halo 3:  

• Forge
    • Theatre Mode
    • Four player co-op
    • Stronger melee attacks 
    • Equipment items

Halo Wars: 

Halo 3 ODST: 

• Health bars are back
    • No duel-wielding
    • Firefight 

"
    ODST had stamina and health. Stamina pretty much being shields.  "

Yeah, pretty much. Though the health bars did change things up and made it more tactical. It played like a mix between Halo 3 and Halo: CE, which is both a good and a bad thing. I wish I get to fight the Elites in it, thankfully they're back in Reach.
    rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By rawrz

I thought it was awesome. Seeing how Halo CE is still my all time favorite single player FPS experience and Reach seeming to be like that, I look forward to it.

apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By apoptosis61

same shit....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.