Which version of Halo: Reach will you be buying?

• 0 results
#1 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -
#2 Edited by Lies (3866 posts) -

Seeing as we got hard details on these recently, I wondered what the general consensus was. You have your standard edition:

Comes with the game disc and some green plastic.

There's the Limited Edition:

A custom case, a lorebook, and an exclusive elite armor for multiplayer

And you have the Legendary Edition ($150)

Custom box, Limited Edition+ everything inside, a 10-inch statue of Noble Team, and a flaming helmet for your spartan 

Personally I'll probably get the legendary, though I know in my heart it's not worth it. What about you guys?

#3 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I really want to get the Legendary Edition but I don't know where to pre-order it at. I also don't know if it is worth it...

#4 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

The Legendary edition is incredibly tempting, despite me never wanting to spend more than base price on a game.

Hell, just because of that flaming helmet I'll probably go Legendary. But that Noble squad set looks pretty sweet too.

#5 Posted by Capum15 (4871 posts) -

I was planning on getting the regular...but now I kinda want the Limited Edition.

Legendary looks kickass, but I won't get it.

#6 Posted by President_Barackbar (3452 posts) -

I don't ever buy special editions of games. The only one I ever owned was the Halo 2 limited edition, and that was a gift.

#7 Posted by Dom (436 posts) -

i'd get the limited, I got no room for the Legendary

#8 Posted by spiceninja (3056 posts) -

Probably just standard. I do like the character statue though but that's not worth an extra $90.

#9 Posted by Spirit3 (3 posts) -

$200 later and I'll have me the Legendary edition. Can I validate that purchase? No. Do I care? A little. Do I want the best of Bungie for their last Halo game? Yep.

#10 Posted by xyzygy (9944 posts) -

Man, you shouldn't have put that last option there. A lot of votes will go to that from haters which essentially makes the poll inaccurate and therefore it loses its point... but... 

I'm getting the standard edition, as of now. I don't really know what is included in the others but I really only get limited or collectors editions of games I'm SUPER pumped for. But, maybe. We'll see.

#11 Posted by Vonocourt (2125 posts) -

I'm really tempted to get the legendary edition, that statute is pretty awesome. But i'm not going to have a place to put it....and it's $90 more.

#12 Posted by Deusoma (3005 posts) -

The limited edition looks really tempting to me (assuming I can get myself a job in the immediate future so I can justify it), but the custom case is actually a real bummer to me, I got the limited edition of Halo 3 and I have to keep that metal case on a separate shelf on my game collection from my other 360 games because it takes up too much space. :P

#13 Edited by Pantalooney (317 posts) -

Ill buy the regular and try to buy the statue later on Ebay because it is pretty awesome.

#14 Posted by JJOR64 (18955 posts) -

I haven't decided if I'm going to get this game yet.  I'm one of those guys who beats the campaign, plays a couple of matches online, then ends up putting the game back on the shelf when it comes to FPS games.

#15 Posted by Hailinel (24382 posts) -

I'm honestly surprised that they're doing this again, given that the Legendary Edition for Halo 3 sold so below expectations that stores in my area had stacks of them for over a year and had to mark the prices down by nearly half just to move them all.

#16 Posted by ProjektGill (752 posts) -

I think I would either go with the Regular or Legendary. There doesn't seem to be much validation for the mid-range model. Not really that excited for the journal. I loved the Limited edition of Halo 3 because it had a second disc with an amazing amount of Behind-The-Scenes video which I just loved.

#17 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" I'm honestly surprised that they're doing this again, given that the Legendary Edition for Halo 3 sold so below expectations that stores in my area had stacks of them for over a year and had to mark the prices down by nearly half just to move them all. "
There only making them in very small numbers. 

OT: I'll try to get the limited edition because I don't really want to spend over £100 on a game, (a hopefully awesome game) but I would still rather not spend that much money.
#18 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

Legendary I think.
#19 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -

I'm 100% getting the Legendary Edition.

#20 Posted by lead_farmer (1040 posts) -

Getting the standard, but that statue looks sweet.

#21 Edited by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -

Gaylo Reacharound. (Sorry.)

#22 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

If I have enough money, I will get the Legendary Edition.  It is...well...legendary.

#23 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
"If I have enough money, I will get the Legendary Edition.  It is...well...legendary. "

This. 
I feel oddly compelled to buy the legendary version. It's just so damn expensive. Considering how psyched I am though, it seems fairly reasonable.
#24 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

If the game turns out to be the definitive online shooter then I will buy the Legendary edition. However, if the multiplayer feels too similar to Halo 3 and the campaign is as cheesy as ODST then the Limited Edition since I am a Halo fan.

#25 Posted by MystDragon3k (123 posts) -

Limited is perfect for me. Affordable for me, has some really juicy story content stuff included, and comes with a custom elite armor permutation in game. I know story and elites are the minority in terms of fan base, but damn it I want it. I have no room for that statue anyway.

#26 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

LOL HALO, but I will probably just get the regular.

#27 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

Definitely getting the Standard.

#28 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -

Probably the limited, that book looks fairly thick and detailed. I just wish it was on disk. 

#29 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" I'm honestly surprised that they're doing this again, given that the Legendary Edition for Halo 3 sold so below expectations that stores in my area had stacks of them for over a year and had to mark the prices down by nearly half just to move them all. "
They didn't sell poorly, just mass produced.
In other countries, especially Europe they were impossible to find rather quickly and fetch quite a price on eBay.

This time, they seem it seems to be a proper limited edition, judging by the fact each unit has an individual number.
They also likely have a better idea of how much they'll sell after Halo 3.  It's something that's really only for the dedicated fans.
#30 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -
@Spirit3 said:
" Do I want the best of Bungie for their last Halo game? Yep. "
That's what they said about halo 3...
#31 Posted by cuzintheboss (97 posts) -

gamefly

#32 Posted by DJbruce92 (129 posts) -

I'm just going to get the Regular. Never been a massive enough fan to get limited or legendary.

#33 Posted by Yoda (55 posts) -

Legendary.

Got it for $59.99 @ amazon. (Yeah i know some got canceled mine did too, talked to a customer service rep and they honored the price.)

#34 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

Standard

#35 Posted by DystopiaX (5300 posts) -

limited. I like the canon and shit, and the elite armor looks cool. For an extra 20 bucks the book and such is worth it to me. but I have no need for a statue and I don't really care all that much about cosmetic changes.

#36 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Almost definitely the standard, my brother's planning on buying at least limited and I don't like the Halo universe enough to merit wanting my own.

#37 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

i'm already committed to sideshow and DC Direct's statue so the Legendary statue is a plus for me.

#38 Edited by Vager (1653 posts) -

I would like to get the Legendary, but it all depends on how much money I'm willing to waste on the month that it comes out. 

Also, LOL HALO! WHAT TRASH!!

#39 Posted by roscoe (145 posts) -

probably the standard. not really into any of the collectors stuff for games. most of them cost half or more than half of what it would cost for a separate new game, and i dont really see the point in having collectible figurines or shit...but thats just me

#40 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Standard: I don't need that other shit

#41 Edited by TripMasterMunky (2402 posts) -

I don't think anyone gets the limited lol. You either go all the way or you stay with the standard.

#42 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

All that adornement is not for me.  
Just Standard, thank you.
#43 Posted by BraveFart (298 posts) -

lol at everyone who's getting Legendary Edition.... just lol....... true meganerd :D

only a meganerd could buy this overpriced plastic crap and 10 years from now look at it and think: (oh im so happy i wasted my money on that plastic junk who has no value today whatsoever)

i mean..... are teenagers and grownups today 6 years old mentally ? :P you need toys bundled with your games to be a happy person ? ok im'a stop hatin now !

but seriously..... LOL

#44 Posted by blurienh (119 posts) -

Limited for me unless one of the supermarkets does the standard at a special price.
#45 Posted by ProfessorEss (7318 posts) -

Same as I buy for everything - standard.

#46 Posted by takua108 (1478 posts) -

I was going to say "LOL HALO, NOT GOING TO BUY," but... lorebook

You win this round, Bungie.

#47 Posted by Charles (90 posts) -

Legendary addition will be bought. The statue is awesome.

#48 Posted by EmuLeader (558 posts) -

I'll probably get the legendary edition for flaming head.  I'll sell the statue or something since its going to be limited to only people who bought the edition, unlike the helmet from 3.  The limited has everything i want, but with a head ON FIRE. i will be happy, and not really out any money when i sell the statue.

#49 Posted by Milkman (16640 posts) -

The standard edition. Also, that flaming helmet looks dumb as hell.

#50 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

i'm way too stingy to get the limited or legendary, but i will get halo reach at midnight probably

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.