Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

Chronicle the classic adventures of the Master Chief with a compilation of the first four main chronological installments of the Halo series, enhanced for the Xbox One with updated graphics and easy access to every multiplayer mode in the series' history.

343 RTX Halo Panel

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DharmaBum

343 and Certain Affinity hosted a panel at RTX 2014 devoted to The Master Chief Collection. They showed off some of the menus, how the games are organized, and more details on Halo 2 Anniversary.

Here's a quick recap:

• each game will have its own original menu music
    • controller settings can be applied universally or per individual game
    • includes all the original Halo 2 hidden skulls plus some new ones
    • Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer will include all the original gametypes plus new modes from other Halo games (Ricochet, Race, SWAT, Infection and more)
    • Assault Rifle, Silenced SMG, Speed Boost and Mongoose added to H2A multiplayer arsenal, plus a new vehicle called the 'Gungoose' - a Mongoose with guns
    • Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer will not feature button combos or glitches, but the original Halo 2 multiplayer will
    • Coagulation is one of the 6 remastered H2A maps
    • Ascension Anniversary will have new routes added plus an interactive energy shield

domineeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By domineeto

The Halo ring is really damn nice. Massive improvement over the skyboxes in Halo 4. It's amazing how much work and care 343 is putting into this. Thanks for sharing!

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By ez123

I would have liked six Halo 2 maps with better graphics but I also like the idea of changing them and making them new experiences, too. It's weird that when it comes to the campaign, 343 is all about staying true to the original but not with multiplayer.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DharmaBum

@domineeto said:

It's amazing how much work and care 343 is putting into this.

Indeed, they've been saying all the right things as far as I'm concerned. Even hearing them mention that pro players have been testing the game is something a Halo developer hasn't done before.

Really enjoyed hearing Max Hoberman break down the history of Halo 2's multiplayer. I wasn't aware that he's the essentially the dude responsible for keeping Halo's arena shooter roots.

@ez123 said:

It's weird that when it comes to the campaign, 343 is all about staying true to the original but not with multiplayer.

The original classic multiplayer will be there for all the games. The 6 remastered maps are just a bonus.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dharmabum: I know but the campaign has the old version and a new version with the exact same gameplay but with new graphics. The multiplayer has the old version and anniversary. I'd really like to know why they make these decisions.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DharmaBum

@ez123: not sure I'm following what you're saying, what decision seems weird to you?

It's pretty much the same as Halo CE Anniversary having a remastered campaign and a handful of multiplayer maps on the Reach engine, except this time they've custom built an engine (and thankfully the original multiplayer is included).

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Every team slayer map from Halo 1 - 4 in 1 mp playlist

Halo Ring Skybox HOLY SHIT

Halo 2 Terminals, New Trailer Arbiter's Story (He's talking to the dude from Halo 5)

Loading Video...

FUCKING GUNGOOSE

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123: not sure I'm following what you're saying

I can see that. Why doesn't multiplayer get the exact same treatment as single player? I spelled it out in the last post.

the campaign has the old version and a new version with the exact same gameplay but with new graphics. Why isn't multiplayer that way as well? That's what I'm saying.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ez123 said:

@dharmabum said:

@ez123: not sure I'm following what you're saying

I can see that. Why doesn't multiplayer get the exact same treatment as single player? I spelled it out in the last post.

the campaign has the old version and a new version with the exact same gameplay but with new graphics. Why isn't multiplayer that way as well? That's what I'm saying.

Probably time and budget.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DharmaBum

@ez123: ohhh okay sorry, I get what you're saying. My guess is that whatever method Saber Interactive uses to add a new visual layer while preserving the underlying code only works for campaign. Otherwise they wouldn't go to the trouble of building a new engine (granted, some of it looks like modified H4 engine) and having to replicate every bit of minutiae. Or perhaps they consider the 1080p60 upgrade enough of a visual overhaul on its own.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ez123

@dharmabum: @bigjeffrey: Halo 2 is revered for its multiplayer so one would think that they could spend more time and money on that than the campaign. There are probably a lot of factors. I think even something like campaign being more important for reviewers comes into play when deciding these things. And the fact that it's symmetrical with Halo:CE Anniversary this way as well.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol they can just flush the halo 2 campaign that shit was garbage anyways. I really just want the multiplayer I had so much fun playing that I just hope they don't screw it up.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Hitzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before today I was just thirsty for information on Halo 1's netcode and a confirmation of System Link in MCC, now I'm also thirsty for more H2A information.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Interesting, I'll have to check this out tomorrow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.