Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

Chronicle the classic adventures of the Master Chief with a compilation of the first four main chronological installments of the Halo series, enhanced for the Xbox One with updated graphics and easy access to every multiplayer mode in the series' history.

Coming to PC?

zygoatsalami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I do not own an Xbox One and am a big Halo fan, but not a huge fan of the rest of the offerings that the Xbox One has to offer (games etc.) Does anyone know if they have said or if it is a possibility of coming to the PC?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I sincerely doubt it. Microsoft needs at least a couple of good reasons for people to buy an Xbox One.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There was that stuff Jeff mentioned about when he first saw it had a button prompt that said "Press left mouse button" or something, which I don't think they would have built in if they weren't at least thinking about putting it on PC at some point. But right now I don't think so. Maybe later if the sales of the XBox One start picking up.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There was that stuff Jeff mentioned about when he first saw it had a button prompt that said "Press left mouse button" or something, which I don't think they would have built in if they weren't at least thinking about putting it on PC at some point. But right now I don't think so. Maybe later if the sales of the XBox One start picking up.

They got an email on a later bombcast from someone purporting to be "in the know" basically saying that prompt was a remnant of Halo 2 Vista, which is technically the version of Halo 2 in that collection. Essentially saying that it was the result of legacy code from the port in a work in progress build of the game, not some sign of future plans.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering they didn't even put Halo 3 out on PC and Microsoft has all but abandoned PC games, I doubt it

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#7 fisk0  Moderator

I wouldn't entirely rule it out, considering Halo 1 and 2 were released on PC in the past, but it's probably at least a year away. They primarily want to sell these on Xbox, but Microsoft seem to have started paying attention to the PC again the last year or so, and many of the third party Xone exclusives have been released on PC now, about a year after the original release.

Maybe they'll make it Windows 10 exclusive or something dumb like that, Microsoft likes to do that stuff.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By me3639

I have said this before, MS is the dumbest gaming company in existence. Yes, their PC and gaming divisions are split, but when you are identified as a PC company you should be also reaching out to that audience as well. Especially at this point in time and for the future. I know, its not rocket science, but if MS would drop Halo on PC(with mod support) it would probably give CS and TF a run for its money. Also, how they did not introduce cross play with the xbox one and PC is just ludicrous. i guess all those master and Doctorate degrees in engineering and science cant give them intelligence into simple marketing and mathematics.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Belegorm

@me3639: They tried crossplay with GFWL and we all know how that went. MS is afraid of that "scary hacking PC audience" messing up their xbox live system. I mean anyone who wants to can just go and give themselves all steam achievements (which helps show how little they matter). That was also one of the reasons why developers tended to not support cross-play on GFWL; aside from the whole GFWL being a royal piece of shit. The one game I can remember that let you play against the 360 people was the first Blazblue, that was a fairly laggy experience on PC and they never ported another Blazblue game to PC again.

More on the point, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if halo came back to the PC at some point. Maybe not too soon, maybe not even the MCC but rather the new halo. For the moment they're using it as a system seller on the xbone (which sounds kind of ridiculous because the last time halo did this was a decade or so ago), but that should change eventually when they would like some cash from the PC crowd. I mean games are originally developed on PC these days anyway then optimised for their platforms(s) usually, and it's not like the xbone and ps4 aren't mini-PC's themselves; the only difference is they're made to be value buys, to get as much mileage out of weak hardware as possible.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tuxfool

@me3639: There is no cross play because people playing with keyboard and mouse would dominate, making the whole process very unfair.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Considering how much a system seller Halo is, I highly doubt it. If it were to arrive on PC, I would have to imagine that would be near the end of the Xbox One's life cycle or just as some point where is wouldn't impact the sale of the actual console. If they were to release it any time soon, that's one less major reason to buy an Xbox and I don't think anyone at Microsoft wants that. They want that install base right now and the MCC is gonna help in a big way.

Hey, I could be totally wrong and next thing we know it could show up on Steam tomorrow, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#12  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
    TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never say never. When the online player counts bomb, I think they'll release it some years down the road. Say for instance, Halo 5 release.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Was Halo 3 on PC? Halo 4? Its not a big PC game because it is a console shooter that doesn't play much better with a keyboard and mouse. It can be real easy. I loved Halo CE on the PC though because you could play online but that was it. And the sharper graphics helped.

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@me3639 said:

... Also, how they did not introduce cross play with the xbox one and PC is just ludicrous. i guess all those master and Doctorate degrees in engineering and science cant give them intelligence into simple marketing and mathematics.

Eurogamer

Total Xbox

Kotaku

PC Gamer

Side note, why the fuck are you so angry about this?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I hope so, but I think the odds are very very low that it ever will.

wilsouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By MachoFantastico
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@fisk0 said:

Maybe they'll make it Windows 10 exclusive or something dumb like that, Microsoft likes to do that stuff.

That's my guess as well.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As highly unlikely as it would be to see this series come to PC as a whole if ever it was considered then the Master Chief Collection would be perfect and I would buy the shit out of it. Maybe Microsoft might consider it if Windows 10 comes out and if the collection was exclusive to 10 that would be huge incentive for people to buy the OS.

spiketail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would prognosticate that if PC gamers will ever hear about the MCC coming to PC, it'll be no later than E3 2015 and hopefully sooner. Even that's a loooooong ways off and I doubt it'll get much of my interest if it was announced then. Too many games going to have been out by then that it'll be a bargain purchase.

Not a Halo fan, but I would of bought the MCC if it was available release date for the PC. 4 AAA games for the price of 1? Hell yeah! Probably would of even gifted a copy to a friend to have a co-op buddy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.