Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

Chronicle the classic adventures of the Master Chief with a compilation of the first four main chronological installments of the Halo series, enhanced for the Xbox One with updated graphics and easy access to every multiplayer mode in the series' history.

Let's talk about some positives

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

It's been mostly negative news about the Master Chief Collection, understandably.The game absolutely should have had working matchmaking and the bugs in the campaigns should have been taken care of, but let's post some positive stories.

I just finished up Halo CE again for the first time in years on heroic, and man, that final rush while driving the warthoge to the ship and the final cutscene/music really gave me the chills.I instantly thought of the first time I beat it 10 years ago like it was yesterday. Also, I love how when you select each campaign the tracks from the respective games plays.Can't wait to dive into H2 anniversary tonight, and eventually binge play the multiplayer.

Please share any of yours.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#2 FinalDasa  Moderator

The sheer wave of nostalgia I keep getting from this game is amazing. From levels, maps, SWAT, and multiplayer customization. I'm hoping I get a few more friends to grab the game so I can roll pretty deep with a Halo posse at least for a few months.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

This thing's amazing. They have things to work out on the multiplayer side, sure, but I'm playing through the campaigns first and they're still super fun.

By the time I go through everything, I assume matchmaking will be working. But as Drew mentioned on the podcast, some people will play this thing for years. The interface is nice, the gameplay feels really great at 60, and it's a ton of Halo which is exactly what I expected. It's exactly what I wanted.

In short, gameplay and presentation is fantastic. Technical issues, I have faith they'll get worked out sooner than later. We're not talking buildings collapsing in 64 player Conquest games here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.