Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

Chronicle the classic adventures of the Master Chief with a compilation of the first four main chronological installments of the Halo series, enhanced for the Xbox One with updated graphics and easy access to every multiplayer mode in the series' history.

No halo 1 MP playlist

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Their is no halo 1 playlist for multiplayer! You can play 2,3,4 in there own respected playlists, but if you want to play halo ce you have to play a custom playlist that mixes all 4 halo games together. Which I find disappointing.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

They delayed it for some reason. It is coming though, but apparently it's debuting with only 2v2.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By isomeri

Yeah that's a bummer, but considering how hard it is to get even the set of playlists available now populated I think I can wait. Don't get me wrong however, Halo:CE online multiplayer was the most substantial draw for me with the Master Chief Collection.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Captain_Insano

Their is no halo 1 playlist for multiplayer! You can play 2,3,4 in there own respected playlists, but if you want to play halo ce you have to play a custom playlist that mixes all 4 halo games together. Which I find disappointing.

Just switch around the "their" and "there" you have used and it's all good.

Also yea, and odd way for them to structure it.

CabinBoy85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CabinBoy85

@turtlebird95: Where did you hear that? I really hope they put a Halo 1 playlist in there or I won't get much play out of this thing.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By zombie2011

@turtlebird95: Where did you hear that? I really hope they put a Halo 1 playlist in there or I won't get much play out of this thing.

343 mentioned they didn't want to roll it out until it was completely stable. You can still play the Halo 1 maps in all the other playlists, there just isn't a Halo 1 maps only option yet.

It was originally going to be 4v4 like everything else but fan feedback made them scale it back to 2v2. I guess people wanted to play it like they did back in the day split screen style.

CabinBoy85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombie2011: Thanks. Hopefully it hits soon... kind of a bummer so far without Halo 1 multiplayer. Maybe they'll get the 4v4 option in there at some point, too.

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Jnal

So far the couple of halo 1 matchs I have played have been almost unplayable. That might be because of the server issues but the lag has been consistently worse and it seems glitchy. We were playing and the whole match it had connecting to game the entire time in the bottom right. That did lead to us seeing a plasma rifle rotating in a wall though which we thought was hilarious.

decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By decko5

Very strange

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

They are vague about it, but here is their statement...they had to delay the CE playlist to polish the online more:

We are holding on introducing the dedicated Halo: CE playlist. Up until this very day, we’ve been making (and are continuing to make) investments to ensure that Halo: CE’s online/network performance is the best it can be within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and we’re committed to making additional investments to make this happen. The current Halo: CE experience will be playable in custom games, as well as the Team Slayer and Big Team Battle playlists, but we are holding on the dedicated playlist until we are able to provide the best experience possible. Lastly, due to your feedback over the past few weeks, we’ll be moving the Halo: CE playlist to 2v2 when it launches.

SOURCE - AND MORE INFO HERE

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be happy to play in any play list :(

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@thiago123: thanks for the info. I don't know how I feel about it only being 2v2 though. That sounds a bit lame in my book, but right now let's just get the multiplayer working in general first. Still im happy with the game so far hiccups and all.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

So I'll be honest here, I've never played halo online before, only local in the first halo which was a total blast. Heck I've only played Halo 2 to completion so this collection is seriously for me. My question is where should start for online? From what I've heard 2 and 3 should be my main focus and 4 is a bit different? Anyway there is just so much in here and I have no idea where to start!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow I didn't see how they condensed it all. It looks pretty smart considering how many maps their are, I imagined a world whwre people where only playing Halo 2 or 3 or 4 and players being spread too thin. Other than matchmaking not working the system seems pretty smart condensing it into a few playlists

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Halo 1 MP is why I want this heh, hopefully they change that.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It was originally going to be 4v4 like everything else but fan feedback made them scale it back to 2v2. I guess people wanted to play it like they did back in the day split screen style.

As someone who played a ton of it on PC I find that exceptionally stupid.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zombie2011

So I'll be honest here, I've never played halo online before, only local in the first halo which was a total blast. Heck I've only played Halo 2 to completion so this collection is seriously for me. My question is where should start for online? From what I've heard 2 and 3 should be my main focus and 4 is a bit different? Anyway there is just so much in here and I have no idea where to start!

2, 3 then 4.

I did have a big response typed out saying how Halo 2 was more close range while Halo 3 was more vehicle and mid-range focused, but after thinking about it for a while both games had maps for whatever you feel like doing. I will say even though H2 is my favorite and has IMO some of the best MP maps ever created, I remember Halo 3 being a lot more chaotic. The physics in Halo 3 were great and because of this there would be videos of people dying from being hit by a traffic cone, that was thrown across the map from a rocket explosion. More random because more maps included vehicles, while you could get this in Halo 2 only the really big maps had vehicles iirc.

I liked Halo 4 a lot too but, i was playing it just last year so i'm not as excited to play it again. Still great, maps aren't as memorable though.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zombie2011

@corevi said:
    @zombie2011 said:

Well i'm guessing most people played Halo on the Xbox so it makes sense they want to re-create their experience. You can still play 4v4 Halo:CE on the team slayer playlist.

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Oh wow I didn't see how they condensed it all. It looks pretty smart considering how many maps their are, I imagined a world whwre people where only playing Halo 2 or 3 or 4 and players being spread too thin. Other than matchmaking not working the system seems pretty smart condensing it into a few playlists

Yea, really they are giving you options and you can just kind of play the random list and see what you like. The random list doesn't include Halo 4 apparently, but that one was the most different from the other core Halo games here (for better or worse), so you can check that out separately. Bungie took Halo multiplayer in a completely different direction from 3 when they released Reach. 343 tried to fix it between taking over Reach and in 4, but also ended up adding so many other layers that it sort of changed the nature of it again. My 2 cents.

If you are interested in following the history and skipping CE, just go in order because you can't go wrong with 2 & 3. Halo 2 was fantastic and 3 was a real evolution/iteration of that with the main changes being the addition of equipment and the weapons were not hitscan (I can go into detail). Combined with all the features they had around the main game and multiplayer, 3 is the best in the series, IMO.

So I'm hearing here that there are matchmaking issues? I'm still at work and itching to go fire this up...well, if it's down, there are 4 campaigns to go through!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@corevi said:
    @zombie2011 said:

My friends and I played exclusively with 4 Xboxes system-linked. Where is my 8v8 CTF Blood Gulch playlist :(

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thiago123: I picked the game up a bit before work (hence the spelling errors being on my phone). I played some campaign and tried to get into a multiplayer game for about 5 minutes and had no luck so it seems to be screwed up. I'm probably one of the few people who hasn't played most of the campaigns so I really game for both options so I'm not too disappointed about the matchmaking. Still a shame for those who really just wanted that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.