Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

Chronicle the classic adventures of the Master Chief with a compilation of the first four main chronological installments of the Halo series, enhanced for the Xbox One with updated graphics and easy access to every multiplayer mode in the series' history.

The longest and shortest it'd take to beat this.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm just wondering in all, if you were to run through it all just by gunning guys down on to the goal and end, or to walk around, exploring taking your time, how long would you say this is? I'm not asking as someone that hadn't played them, I've played them a lot, but I'm still curious. I want to say one could perhaps get through one of the four games in five or six hours if they ran through, making it 20 to 25 hours or so, or if they took their time, around 12 hours, giving it around 45 to 50 hours. Either way, that's a lot of game. Does that sound about right? I'm really excited for this. Anyone else going to get it?

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Yep, looks like you're right there. Taking the main+extras times from howlongtobeat.com it comes in around 44 hours for all 4. Plus there's hopefully some extra content in the new spartan stuff that's supposed to tie the games together.

I still haven't jumped for a Xbox One but a really sweet (read: cheap) bundle with this game might make it an attractive pickup.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A Gears of War bundle would get me to buy a Xbox One.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@datarez: I don't usually read howlongtobeat because often times, as far as I've checked for any game I've played, it wasn't quite correct, but yeah, that does sound about right. As for a recommendation for the One, even though you aren't asking for one, the Kinect, as you probably know, isn't worth it, at least to me, but I've already had a lot of fun with the games on the console, despite getting most of the third party titles (Assassin's Creed 4, Watch Dogs, and what have you, excluding Wolfenstein) on PS4. I'm really hoping in the near future the two consoles are more in parity so I don't keep feeling like I have to always get the PS4 versions of games. So far, the One exclusive titles have been funner to me than the PS4 exclusives as well.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laserguy: That'd be awesome. I think it'd be cool if they all looked and played the same. Make them all visually as good, so it's not a jarring to look at as you go through them, and make the gameplay the same, whether that be speed of character movements, and all weapons in one, which would be cool.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

If you play all of them on Legendary? Sure, that might take 45-50 hours if you're just competent at the game.

I'd bet that most people who play through all four campaigns in a row will finish somewhere between the 30 and 40 hour mark. It really all depends on how well you know these campaigns, how good you are at Halo, and how high you set the difficulty. No matter what, Halo 3 will probably be the shortest as it's much easier than the other three. 2 will probably be the longest. Those Sniper Jackals can be real fuckers in Halo 2.

I'd get it if they were releasing it for PC. I don't have an Xbox One and do not plan on getting one until after I've picked up a PS4. I already have Halo 1 (and its anniversary edition), 2 (and its PC version), 3, and 4, so even if I had an Xbox One it wouldn't be a priority. It runs at 1080p, 60FPS, and apparently they're making all of the multiplayers work properly, so I probably will own it eventually. Just not anytime soon.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

I broke the backwards compatibility on my 360 in the process of upgrading hard drives (amateur mistake) so....

Absolutely. It's a hell of a collection and I loved the Halo games I've played (1-3).

As to the question of how long.... no idea. Only that it would take me significantly longer because I suck and I get reckless in Halo games after so many attempts to get to the next checkpoint.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.