Am I the only one looking forward to this game?

• 71 results
#1 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

I have seen a lot of people hate this game,
is someone willing to explain to me why?
Am i the only one who is actually excitied for Halo Wars to come out?

#2 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

Lots of people hate it because it's an RTS on a console and I agree with some of them but hopefully It'll turn out to be quite good

#3 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -
Joe said:
"Lots of people hate it because it's an RTS on a console and I agree with some of them but hopefully It'll turn out to be quite good"
the C&C3 turned out quite well didn't it?
#4 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -

No C&C 3 was horrid after the constant patch downloading and crashes I havent really used my copy.

Halo Wars looks interesting, but only if it is like Red Alert not C&C

#5 Posted by GagJ (77 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to it, it was lauded at E3 by many journalists and I saw a demo on IGN Livewire, it looked really fun and accesible.

#6 Posted by Player1 (3852 posts) -

I am. It looks sweet. And easy. Which is good because im new to rts games. Really the only experience I have is red alert 2. People are hating because when halo fanboys see halo they think fps big multiplayer.

and guess what? when they see rts there like OMG THIS SUCKS. It gets more hate then usual because of the confusion

#7 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

It's not in my top games I want to play, but I'll for sure check it out.

#8 Posted by Txheat (133 posts) -

Well E3 it looked more like nextgen version of looked more like C&C3 than last years E3 which looked great anyways they got alot of time so I hope it turns out great!

#9 Posted by CasualJoe (23 posts) -

I think it looks great and i can't wait to get my hands on it to be honest, always been a RTS fan.

#10 Posted by j_meyer_13 (386 posts) -

This game, Far Cry 2, and Rock Band 2 are the 3 games I'm looking forwards to the most for this fall.  And I am really, really, REALLY looking forwards to these games :D

#11 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

I am looking forward to it, I'm just not insanely stoked about it like I am about Fallout 3.

#12 Posted by Bladefire (214 posts) -

As long as the control scheme works well I'll probably give it a shot. Anyway, as much as people talk shit about it, it's still gonna sell a lot because it says Halo in the title.

#13 Posted by smokingsbad (8 posts) -

the game looks pretty good

#14 Posted by BeyondPerfection (49 posts) -
xplodedd said:
"I have seen a lot of people hate this game,
is someone willing to explain to me why?
Am i the only one who is actually excitied for Halo Wars to come out?

"

It has the word Halo in it. Therefore, it will either be hated or loved before anyone even gets a chance to play it. If it was called Space Wars or whatever, then people would be hyped for it.

I hate when people say "zomgz stop using Halo!" when really, who cares what the name is? Every game can be called Untitled # (something) for all I care, as long as the game is good, that's all that matters.
#15 Posted by spragels (97 posts) -

I think it will be great. C&C 3 worked really well on a console. I don't know what issues people had but obviously it wont controll as well as a PC RTS. I am excited for sure.

#16 Posted by RVonE (4603 posts) -

Well, I don't hate the game (it isn't out yet) but I'm definitely not excited about yet another rts. From the footage it seems like they are not breaking a lot of new ground for the genre. Now if they were to try something new, I might become excited.

#17 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

i wonder why it isn't coming to PC

#18 Edited by LouisLeGros (24 posts) -
Player1 said:
"I am. It looks sweet. And easy. Which is good because im new to rts games. Really the only experience I have is red alert 2. People are hating because when halo fanboys see halo they think fps big multiplayer.

and guess what? when they see rts there like OMG THIS SUCKS. It gets more hate then usual because of the confusion"
I think it is more like look it is a console RTS and it is going to suck and the Halo fanboys are saying it will be awesome because they don't know anything about the genre, they just know it is halo.

This is just a generalization though...
#19 Posted by Charles (90 posts) -

I am looking forward to it. From what I've seen so far it looks like it un great on a console (Xbox 360).

#20 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

There will be a PC version right?

If so then I think it's a decent idea

#21 Posted by Xero (159 posts) -

I think it's going to be great, but I want to play it on the PC

#22 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

Termite said:

"There will be a PC version right?

"
No PC version announced as of now. I suspect it will come, but a while after the 360 version.
#23 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

I'm not sure if it will be good or not but from what I saw it looked really accessible but the gameplay wasn't that impressive.

#24 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

There needs to be a PC version, imo. I probably won't get it on the 360, even thought it is Halo

#25 Posted by Volkodlak (115 posts) -

I'm quite looking forward to it too, and I trust Ensemble to deliver a decent RTS experience; no of course the controls are going to suffer but from early videos it seems to do a good enough job of making RTS games work on a console. which I'm sure can be done; it'll just take games built from the ground up for consoles and a good developer, this has both. Strange thing is though, I don't like any of the other Halo games and don't care much for the universe either.

#26 Posted by Forrest7 (45 posts) -

I'll buy for the sake of collecting.

#27 Posted by igpx407 (75 posts) -

I actually like Halo because of the story and the setting (yes I've read the books). It looks like a good rts on a console that will flesh out the Halo universe. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

#28 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -
Forrest7 said:
"I'll buy for the sake of collecting. "
yeah but do you look forward to this game?
#29 Posted by GamerAdz (7 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to this game. The control scheme looks ok. Altho I wish it was coming to the PC instead.

#30 Posted by Foil_Charizard (345 posts) -

It probably won't come out on PC, the purpose of the game is to prove that an RTS can work well on a console when built correctly, if it is done well than I'll buy it. Halo + RTS = Win

#31 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Any Xbox owner should be excited about this game.

#32 Posted by Vandreren (33 posts) -

I'm looking forward to it. It looks to perfect the console controlls as far as the 1up demo looked like.

And I've played Dune, C&C, Red alert 1 and 2, Dawn of War, Starcraft, Warcraft 1,2,3, Medieval Total war, Rome total war, Medieval 2, Age of Empires 1, 2,3, Age of Mythology, Battle for middle earth 1, 2, Company of heroes and the list goes on. Yeah, my favorite genre alongside FPS/RPG hybrid.

#33 Posted by Scorched (691 posts) -

I'm not really interested in it.  It's an rts made for consoles, and I'd rather play an rts made for PCs.

#34 Posted by high_seraph (52 posts) -
Termite said:

"
i agree. i really hope there is a PC versino, i just have to be skeptical of an RTS on the console.

on the other hand, i will play anything with "Halo" in its title.
#35 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

I'm don't like the idea but I might try it.

#36 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

I'm looking forward to the games, I love RTS games, although I've never played one on a console.

#37 Posted by jaenks (33 posts) -

it looks great i think people just hate on it because its an rts on a console, simple.

#38 Posted by Taalon (112 posts) -
Player1 said:
"I am. It looks sweet. And easy. Which is good because im new to rts games. Really the only experience I have is red alert 2. People are hating because when halo fanboys see halo they think fps big multiplayer.

and guess what? when they see rts there like OMG THIS SUCKS. It gets more hate then usual because of the confusion"
Typical, Dwight. Way to Shrute things up for the rest of us.
#39 Edited by hustheman (30 posts) -

Its not coming to PC because Microsoft wants to push 360 as the "PC in your living room" And that is the only reason i dont like this game is the need to have a 360. I have never liked using a gamepad to play RTS always to complicated imo.

and great Office reference

#40 Posted by capitanm1 (205 posts) -
Vivek said:
"No C&C 3 was horrid after the constant patch downloading and crashes I havent really used my copy.

Halo Wars looks interesting, but only if it is like Red Alert not C&C
"
Well that was only on the first 2 - 3 weeks. Its alot better now, but I stopped playing it cuz I was loseing every match.
#41 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

To tell you the truth i'm not looking forward to this game too much at all... RTS games on console just dont turn me on as the idea first seemed to me.. I saw a gameplay trailer for this one about 6 months ago and it looked good, but i dont think i'll be picking this one up.

#42 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -

im not since im awful at rts games.

on a side note, i can imagine a lot of people buying this game and expecting halo 4.

#43 Posted by death919 (43 posts) -

I'm looking forward to it alot!  It's going to be good.  :D  Hopefully the controls will be good, but I think everything will turn out fine and it will be a big success and a blast to play.

#44 Posted by grievous113 (30 posts) -

This game looks great! I am looking forward to this game even more so than before because of E3. I have always enjoyed the Age of Empire series and I know they will do thier very best to make this game the best RTS game on the 360. They have even stated they had to make changes to make the experaince and controls better for the system. This shows they are not trying to put in ten pounds of crap in a five pound bag for the heck of it.

#45 Posted by chandlerr_360 (110 posts) -

I love Halo (my favorite series ever...I have even read all of the books), but seriously...this game looks like shit. Why did Bungie have to give it to Ensemble? Sure, AoE was great, but the series is old and the RTS genre has moved on. It is quite clear that ES is no able to handle the evolution of the RTS genre. Just look at upcoming titles like EndWar and Dawn of War II. Unless ES changes both the gameplay, and the Halo canon that they so mercilessly slaughtered, nobody should buy this game...even if it is Halo.

#46 Posted by darth723 (10 posts) -

I love RTS and halo so hopefully this game will turn out to be badass!

#47 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -
darth723 said:
"I love RTS and halo so hopefully this game will turn out to be badass!"
doesn't look like a lot of people are sharing your opinion.
#48 Posted by Dakota (248 posts) -

RTS is not meant to be played on a console in my opinion, which makes me unexcited for the game. Microsoft went and took a PC RTS developed (Ensemble) and made them make a halo property exclusive to the 360. They should be shot for this. Microsoft needs to support PC gaming.

#49 Posted by Gupta (33 posts) -

Im looking forward to this game. The first teaser sold me.

#50 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Lies said:
Termite said:

"
No PC version announced as of now. I suspect it will come, but a while after the 360 version.
"
That is my dilemma. I don't know whether to get it when it comes out or wait for the PC version. I would prefer the PC version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.