Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo Wars

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 26, 2009

Halo Wars is a real-time strategy game for the Xbox 360. Join the Halo Wars crew on the UNSC ship CFV-88 Spirit of Fire and engage the Covenant head-on in an attempt to hold on to the recently taken human colony of Harvest. All Units!

CES: Halo Wars Demo Dated, Full Release Pushed Up

Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Ryan  Staff
    Dude, he doesn't understand Mediaroom either.
    If there's one thing Microsoft's keynote at CES tonight taught me, it's that Microsoft Entertainment and Devices President Robbie Bach is juggling a weird variety of stuff right now. After the mighty Steve Ballmer stalked the stage, proclaiming the awesome virtues of Windows in all its mysterious forms for much of the first half of the press conference, Bach tagged in to talk briefly about a few of the random-ass projects his division's working on. This includes Sync, the in-car communications system developed with Ford that will play your iPod (or Zune!) and read your text messages to you out loud; the Zune; Media Center; and Mediaroom, which is Microsoft's IPTV project that I still don't really understand. If you told me that the Entertainment and Devices devision was also handling an antique appraisal program for Microsoft, I do not think I would be surprised.

Much like this story, Bach eventually got down to business with some fresh news about Halo Wars. The release date for this Halo-themed real-time strategy game--a game that is to be the final project from longtime RTS developer Ensemble Studios before it shuts down--had earlier been set to March 3rd of this year, but apparently things have been going swimmingly enough that it's now been pushed up to February 28th. Additionally, a demo for the game is set to hit Xbox Live on February 5th. Bach also touched briefly on Halo 3: ODST, though he didn't say much other than to reaffirm that game's Fall 2009 release date.

UPDATE: Just got an email from Microsoft's PR agency, stating that there was some confusion about the release date that Robbie Bach dropped on stage at CES. Halo Wars is still coming out in the Americas on March 3rd, though it will hit Japan and Asia on February 26th, and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa on February 27th. If you're wondering where Robbie Bach pulled that February 28th number, join the club!
    Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ryan  Staff
    If there's one thing Microsoft's keynote at CES tonight taught me, it's that Microsoft Entertainment and Devices President Robbie Bach is juggling a weird variety of stuff right now. After the mighty Steve Ballmer stalked the stage, proclaiming the awesome virtues of Windows in all its mysterious forms for much of the first half of the press conference, Bach tagged in to talk briefly about a few of the random-ass projects his division's working on. This includes Sync, the in-car communications system developed with Ford that will play your iPod (or Zune!) and read your text messages to you out loud; the Zune; Media Center; and Mediaroom, which is Microsoft's IPTV project that I still don't really understand. If you told me that the Entertainment and Devices devision was also handling an antique appraisal program for Microsoft, I do not think I would be surprised.

Much like this story, Bach eventually got down to business with some fresh news about Halo Wars. The release date for this Halo-themed real-time strategy game--a game that is to be the final project from longtime RTS developer Ensemble Studios before it shuts down--had earlier been set to March 3rd of this year, but apparently things have been going swimmingly enough that it's now been pushed up to February 28th. Additionally, a demo for the game is set to hit Xbox Live on February 5th. Bach also touched briefly on Halo 3: ODST, though he didn't say much other than to reaffirm that game's Fall 2009 release date.

UPDATE: Just got an email from Microsoft's PR agency, stating that there was some confusion about the release date that Robbie Bach dropped on stage at CES. Halo Wars is still coming out in the Americas on March 3rd, though it will hit Japan and Asia on February 26th, and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa on February 27th. If you're wondering where Robbie Bach pulled that February 28th number, join the club!
    sdauz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By sdauz

man its soo sad ensemble is shutting down....so much history...what will happen to the AoE series?

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I think I might dl that demo on the 5th, kind of interested...kind of.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By matthew

Look at that.  At least somebody is doing this whole demo scene properly.

kmiddlestadt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kmiddlestadt

Cant wait to see how they do an RTS built specifically for the 360

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By TomA

i want this game on the PC:(

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By John1912
    HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HiroSeven

I've never been able to get into RTS games but I will definitely give this one a shot. Glad that a demo is coming our way soon, really anxious to try this out!

-hiro

KiddSushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By KiddSushi

I'm pumped for this trash! I don't even like the Halo universe that much, I just want an awesome RTS for the 360.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Zereta
    pandemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pandemic

I think it's a good thing they're releasing this demo.  All of the uninformed impulse buyers who were invariably going to buy it solely on the virtue of its title would have been a problem when they realise it's an rts (rts games have a much smaller audience than fps games).  This way people will realise this isn't another shooter.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By get2sammyb

February 28th? Reckon they've pushed that closer to Killzone 2 for a reason? Corporate gloating perhaps when the Halo brand easily outsells Killzone?

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#13  Edited By citizenkane

I am really looking forward to Halo Wars(as well as Halo 3: ODST).  I can't wait for the demo and release of the game.  ^__^

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TwoOneFive

im sure these two halo games will be decent, but it will be mind boggling to see how much they sell. 

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By DARKIDO07

I'm not a fan of most RTS games but Halo Wars looks too cool to pass up. To bad the studio makeing it will shut down. :( I hope Bungie or some other company will be able to release some DLC and Patches for the game.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Media_Master

I'm interested in seeing if the game will sell

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Aaron_G

I can't wait to play the demo.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By RHCPfan24

Well, that is how you schedule a demo *cough Sony*.  Sort of interested in this game actually.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.