Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo Wars

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 26, 2009

Halo Wars is a real-time strategy game for the Xbox 360. Join the Halo Wars crew on the UNSC ship CFV-88 Spirit of Fire and engage the Covenant head-on in an attempt to hold on to the recently taken human colony of Harvest. All Units!

Halo Wars review, sort of.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Fruitcocoa

It’s the 20th of February, I am now allowed to talk about Halo Wars. I wrote a 1500 word review for my site, unfortunately it’s in Swedish. But don’t worry I will tell you about the things that you should know before buying the game.

I recommend Halo Wars for those who aren’t that deep into the RTS genre. It’s almost like a normal RTS but without a free base building system. You’ll have a base with three, five or seven platforms and there you are free to build what you want. This part of the game is one of the absolute best. A lot of times in the single player you will be forced to have only base and then you must choose between ground units or air units. I think that this is quiet innovative, the game is all little more strategic both offline and online.

It’s a really nice story in Halo Wars. Captain James Cutter, Sergeant John Forge and Professor Ellen Anders are great characters and put a true Halo feeling in the game. All the UNSC units and all the Covenant units look really great and are fun to play with.

Online is where all the Halo games shines and Halo Wars isn’t an exception. The covenant bas is stronger and they have also the strongest units, but the UNSC have the crazy special abilities like Mac-blast that basically blows everything away in the area, they can also heal their units. Every UNSC leader has their special ability. On the other side, the covenant has the crazy units and the leaders who fight with the normal troops.  This makes the game extremely fun and balanced. It’s an awesome game, 5/5.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Fruitcocoa

It’s the 20th of February, I am now allowed to talk about Halo Wars. I wrote a 1500 word review for my site, unfortunately it’s in Swedish. But don’t worry I will tell you about the things that you should know before buying the game.

I recommend Halo Wars for those who aren’t that deep into the RTS genre. It’s almost like a normal RTS but without a free base building system. You’ll have a base with three, five or seven platforms and there you are free to build what you want. This part of the game is one of the absolute best. A lot of times in the single player you will be forced to have only base and then you must choose between ground units or air units. I think that this is quiet innovative, the game is all little more strategic both offline and online.

It’s a really nice story in Halo Wars. Captain James Cutter, Sergeant John Forge and Professor Ellen Anders are great characters and put a true Halo feeling in the game. All the UNSC units and all the Covenant units look really great and are fun to play with.

Online is where all the Halo games shines and Halo Wars isn’t an exception. The covenant bas is stronger and they have also the strongest units, but the UNSC have the crazy special abilities like Mac-blast that basically blows everything away in the area, they can also heal their units. Every UNSC leader has their special ability. On the other side, the covenant has the crazy units and the leaders who fight with the normal troops.  This makes the game extremely fun and balanced. It’s an awesome game, 5/5.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Really? From the demo I got the feeling the UNSC was the stronger side, but a good tactician/ turtler could really make the Covenant shine.
    Either way the demo has convinced me that I am getting this game. :D Ensemble never fails me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.