Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

Guess Who?

stoppre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By stoppre

This was just an interesting idea I had a long time ago. Thought it would be interesting to do this with popular gaming characters that had well developed pasts.  It's wrote from the perspective of the character and hopefully you learn something you might not have heard/known. 

I was 6 years old when I was taken from my family. While playing king of the hill in my school yard I was approached by a man and woman. They had seen me playing and were very impressed at how strong willed and intelligent I was. My singular focus on winning drew them to me.

The man and woman turned out to be a naval officer and scientist. I was shipped off to a military planet and was inserted into boot camp with 74 other children. We were told we would be the greatest soldiers the military had ever seen. We were trained by hardened drill sergeants that drilled us at the same level as adults. We were taught that we were not one, but a team. We learned to work together to accomplish our goals and became extremely efficient.  I wasn’t the strongest or fastest; I was however the strongest willed which is why I was chosen to be squad leader. At 14 I underwent physical and mental augmentation. My body was made stronger, harder and faster than any human could ever be. My skeleton was made to be practically indestructible; my reflexes were made 300% faster. I was now the super soldier they always wanted me to be. 74 of us underwent that augmentation, only 45 of us made it out alive, a dozen of which were so mangled and crippled from the procedure that they were reassigned to desk jobs. Those lost were my only family and at the time I somehow felt responsible for their deaths. It was my job to make sure my team was safe and through this mission I had lost my first soldiers. I was told that it was acceptable to spend lives at the expense to protect others, but wrong to waste those lives. To this day, I still think about if those 30 or so lives were well spent or wasted for no reason.  

Years later I am thought to be the only one of my kind left. I have watched my brothers and sisters die in battle countless times. We were never listed as Killed In Action. It was believed that we couldn’t die, that we were gods among men. So when one of us perished we were always listed as Missing In Action. This was said to boost the moral of the other normal soldiers. It gave them the one thing they needed most...hope. 

I wasn’t made to fight the war that I inevitably was asked to fight. I was created to prevent civil war among humans. Humans however encountered a different species which was hell bent on destroying our entire race. I fought them for years and watched them consistently destroy entire planets without even blinking an eye. I stopped them in the end and gave everything to save humanity. After everything I was taught, everything they changed about me, there is one thing that I had from the very beginning that they could never have gave me…LUCK. 

I am John 117, Master Chief of the Spartans in the UNSC.      

stoppre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By stoppre

This was just an interesting idea I had a long time ago. Thought it would be interesting to do this with popular gaming characters that had well developed pasts.  It's wrote from the perspective of the character and hopefully you learn something you might not have heard/known. 

I was 6 years old when I was taken from my family. While playing king of the hill in my school yard I was approached by a man and woman. They had seen me playing and were very impressed at how strong willed and intelligent I was. My singular focus on winning drew them to me.

The man and woman turned out to be a naval officer and scientist. I was shipped off to a military planet and was inserted into boot camp with 74 other children. We were told we would be the greatest soldiers the military had ever seen. We were trained by hardened drill sergeants that drilled us at the same level as adults. We were taught that we were not one, but a team. We learned to work together to accomplish our goals and became extremely efficient.  I wasn’t the strongest or fastest; I was however the strongest willed which is why I was chosen to be squad leader. At 14 I underwent physical and mental augmentation. My body was made stronger, harder and faster than any human could ever be. My skeleton was made to be practically indestructible; my reflexes were made 300% faster. I was now the super soldier they always wanted me to be. 74 of us underwent that augmentation, only 45 of us made it out alive, a dozen of which were so mangled and crippled from the procedure that they were reassigned to desk jobs. Those lost were my only family and at the time I somehow felt responsible for their deaths. It was my job to make sure my team was safe and through this mission I had lost my first soldiers. I was told that it was acceptable to spend lives at the expense to protect others, but wrong to waste those lives. To this day, I still think about if those 30 or so lives were well spent or wasted for no reason.  

Years later I am thought to be the only one of my kind left. I have watched my brothers and sisters die in battle countless times. We were never listed as Killed In Action. It was believed that we couldn’t die, that we were gods among men. So when one of us perished we were always listed as Missing In Action. This was said to boost the moral of the other normal soldiers. It gave them the one thing they needed most...hope. 

I wasn’t made to fight the war that I inevitably was asked to fight. I was created to prevent civil war among humans. Humans however encountered a different species which was hell bent on destroying our entire race. I fought them for years and watched them consistently destroy entire planets without even blinking an eye. I stopped them in the end and gave everything to save humanity. After everything I was taught, everything they changed about me, there is one thing that I had from the very beginning that they could never have gave me…LUCK. 

I am John 117, Master Chief of the Spartans in the UNSC.      

Avatar image for nikoalexander57
    NikoAlexander57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By NikoAlexander57

At last, another person who has been reading the Halo books!

stoppre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By stoppre
    @NikoAlexander57: Yep! Really enjoyed those first two Nylund books. Those two are def my favorites of the series. 
    Avatar image for nikoalexander57
    NikoAlexander57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By NikoAlexander57

Yeah, I think The Fall of Reach is the best, though I still have to read First Strike. I liked all the backstory and can't wait to see even more when Reach comes out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.