Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

Red vs. Blue: A Retrospective [Part Four]

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By bulletstorm

I'm marathoning the Rooster Teeth machinima Red vs. Blue and recording how I feel about it. Do the first five seasons hold up to my nostalgic expectations? Do the latest five seasons maintain the quality of the show that I remember so fondly? Join me. Love it or hate it, let's watch Red vs. Blue.

Previous Entries:

Red vs. Blue: A Retrospective [Part One]

Red vs. Blue: A Retrospective [Part Two]

Red vs. Blue: A Retrospective [Part Three]

Anybody who’s ever said Red vs. Blue Season Four is the funniest of the First Five, has it right. Rooster Teeth is on a roll in Season Four, with most episodes having at least one killer line that really makes me laugh out loud, or at least want to laugh if I’m hesitant to show how amused I am. Hesitant to laugh? Uh… well yeah, I hate to say it but… I really like the Blarg-Honk alien. Yeah, you’d think that a character who only goes “Blarg” and “Honk” would get real annoying, real fast – but the enthusiasm with which the blargs and honks are delivered is priceless. I think it’s fucking hysterical, but the nature of the gag does make me a little embarrassed at how much I like it. There’s loads of situational humor to be had in Season Four that isn’t embarrassing though! Simmons going “crazy” and joining the Blues, Tucker’s Quest, Griff’s Pronoun Club, and probably my favorite moment of Season Four – where Donut exclaims “How does Vic have kids? I thought he had a vasectomy!” in Episode 75.

I feel like breaking down the Season any further may be trivial. Season Four is the funniest of the First Five (I’ll get to explaining why Season Five falls short in Part Five) and if you’ve watched it you know why – the character interactions and situations are fresh, interesting, and revitalized from the lengthy Season Three.

A quick note on the Tex-Focused Short-Series “Out of Mind” that interludes Seasons Four and Five: The first piece of Red vs. Blue content from Rooster Teeth that feels serious, Out of Mind is at least interesting in the ways it develops Tex as a character, and it’s a fairly well-made piece of action machinima, but boy does it get corny. It’s harmless, and watching it or skipping it has no real significant effect on one’s enjoyment of Season Five.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.