Your favorite and least favorite Halo campaign?

#1 Posted by CouncilorChief (85 posts) -

Before Halo 4 comes out I want to know what is the GB community's favorite and least favorite campaign in the series?

I'll start by saying mine is Halo CE. There is a reason they remade because its a classic that still holds up. This game gets everything right from the mission structure, AI, set pieces, combat, pacing, atmosphere, music, story, etc. The only bad that can be said about this game is the level design which is very repetitive. Its also my favorite because its the only game in the series that strike me with a sense of wonder and mystery when you get out of the escape pod to investigate the ringworld Halo.

My least favorite is Halo Reach. It just didn't click with me as the other Halos have and there was just nothing memorable about it. The missions were dull and the levels were lifeless. There were no memorable moments to speak of, with the only exceptions being the beginning of The Long Night of Solace and the space combat which I have to admit was well done. It tried to have an emotional story but it fell flat on its face because the characters were one dimensional stereotypes. The soundtrack was excellent as its usually is as well as the enemy AI, it even had a clever ending. Aside from that it arguably had the worst made campaign in the Halo series.

#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Favorite: Halo 3

Least Favorite: Halo ODST

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

We actually share the same top an bottom. I'll also say that I really liked ODST though, it's pretty close Halo: Anniversary as my favorite Halo game.

#4 Posted by CouncilorChief (85 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

We actually share the same top an bottom. I'll also say that I really liked ODST though, it's pretty close Halo: Anniversary as my favorite Halo game.

Fuck AngryJoe! Halo 3 ODST IS underrated.

#5 Posted by HistoryInRust (6337 posts) -

Love, love, love ODST.

Combat Evolved might be my favorite for nostalgia's sake. Who knows.

#6 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

Least favourite is definitely the original, couldn't stand the rather literal copy+paste approach to level design, especially when they would then a bit later revisit it with slightly different lighting. Not sure what i'd call my favourite, perhaps 3.

#7 Posted by RTSlord (1201 posts) -

My favorite was probably Reach, which from a story perspective was pretty dang eventful (and memorable). My least favorite was 3, playing through it just wasnt fun for me

#8 Posted by Omega (835 posts) -

ODST was my favourite. Reach was probably my least favourite

#9 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Favourite: Halo 2

Least: Halo 1

EDIT: Wait, I forgot about the stupid bits with the flood in Halo 2 where you pretty much had to sneak past them while invisible. Halo 3, but it's not exactly something that I would recommend all that strongly. Multiplayer is worlds better.

#10 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

Favorite is Halo 1 and my least favorite is ODST.

#11 Posted by Nentisys (896 posts) -

Favorite Halo 1

Worst Halo 3

#12 Posted by Jay_Ray (1110 posts) -

Favorite: Halo: Reach

Worst: Halo 2

#13 Posted by Bad_Soup (10 posts) -

Combat evolved as favourite.

Least is probably Halo 3, brutes were just too dull as enemies.

#14 Posted by Levius (1169 posts) -

My favourite is probably Halo 3, but Reach comes close.

ODST is my least favourite, it had some neat ideas, but it fell flat and I remember the story being poor in the end.

#15 Posted by GrandMarshal (389 posts) -

Favorite: Halo 2

Least Favorite: ODST and Reach

#16 Edited by Soapy86 (2634 posts) -

Favorite: Halo 1

Least favorite: Halo 2

Full ranked list:

Halo: Combat Evolved

Halo: Reach

Halo 3

Halo: ODST

Halo 2

#17 Posted by boj4ngles (287 posts) -

From favorite to least:

1. Halo 2
  2. Halo: CE
  3. Halo 3
  4. Halo Reach
  5. Halo ODST

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.