Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hamburger

Object » linked to 362 games

A hamburger is a hunk of ground beef served between two pieces of bun-configured bread. Hamburgers are often served with a variety of toppings and condiments. It is named for the region in which it was invented, not for the kind of meat (as is often mistakenly suggested).

1955 Review

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

I've been seeing the adverts for this for a little while over here, today I finally decided to get one, the thought of a classic McDonald's burger featuring fried onions sounded very appealing to me. Man, I don't think I could have been any more disappointed with it.

I'm not usually fussy when it comes to fast food, I tend apply something akin to Mick Dundee's approach to eating reptiles, but after only taking a few bites, I simply had to walk back to the restaurant and ask for another. Not only was the burger drenched in burger sauce rendering the minuscule number of fried onions completely useless (easily two servings from the squeezer), but the burger sauce also tasted like fucking Fillet-o' Fish!, some cunt obviously didn't bother to clean out the squeezer. The other customers around the counter began to have slightly alarmed looks on their faces as I explained my disgust, at how this could happen to such a burger. A total gross-fest, even the second one was nasty, so nasty I ended up feeding it to the flying rats we have here.

Is the 1955 a genuine copy of those sold by McDonald's back in the day, or is it simply a round about [terrible] homage?. As I sat there attempting to eat the second, I thought to myself, how the fuck has McDonald's managed to get as far as they have on the likes of this... I'm sure that question has been asked many times

A bad representation of an American institution, or simply a bad burger?.

No Caption Provided

In concept it's fucking great, but the executions of it I experienced could not be more dire - (no stars)

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

How anyone enjoys eating anything by McDonald's will always remain a mystery to me.

No offense.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Chummy8

I applaud your balls.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Twisted_Scot

I never liked fast food burger joints, I dont want to die from a heart attack as it would belittle the effort Ive put in at bars trying for liver failure.  The Mc Donald's that was in my home town seemed to only ever my populated with children's parties, the elderly and teenagers on a "Date".

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

How come Montreal has the 1967 burger and the rest of the world has the 1955 burger?

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Contro

@HandsomeDead said:

How come Montreal has the 1967 burger and the rest of the world has the 1955 burger?

The '67 Expo in Montreal may have something to do with it. I don't think Canadian's would want to get caught up in the romance some Americans still have for the 50's.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.