Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hamburger

Object » linked to 362 games

A hamburger is a hunk of ground beef served between two pieces of bun-configured bread. Hamburgers are often served with a variety of toppings and condiments. It is named for the region in which it was invented, not for the kind of meat (as is often mistakenly suggested).

Anyone else here ever had a Kangaroo Burger ?

• 52 results
    FoolInjection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FoolInjection

Anyone else here ever had a Kangaroo Burger ?.

There's an Australian themed bar in the city centre of Glasgow, Scotland called Walkabout and they actually sell those there.  I went in there with a mate of mine recently just cos I hadn't tried one and really wanted to... Triple Decker Kangaroo Burger man.  Was awesome.  The kangaroo meat is a lot leaner I think than your standard hamburger meat.  Mind you that's probably because it spent most of its life bounding across the Aussie outback.

Highly recomended though... if you ever get the chance... try a Roo Burger.  Its odd though cos half way through eating it I turned to my mate and I was like "Dude... we are totally eating a frickin' Kangaroo !" lol... its an odd thought.  Specially when your in Scotland and I've never actually seen a real one.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By twenty0ne

Can't say I have...

andrewtr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By andrewtr

So, where are the kangaroo farms? Is the meat being shipped in from Australia? Can't be that fresh if it is.

FoolInjection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FoolInjection
    andrewtr said:
    "So, where are the kangaroo farms? Is the meat being shipped in from Australia? Can't be that fresh if it is."
    Well they have like a chain of these Australian themed bars all over the UK so I'm guessing they have a farm somewhere down south of England where the weather is warmer.  Couldn't fly them in from Australia I don't think, like you said it wouldn't be fresh considering that it takes a regular flight from here to there 23 hours.
    DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DaveF

I live in Australia but have never had one. I think my Dad had one ages ago. Might go out back at kill one so I can try it.

EtherealSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By EtherealSlayer

I haven't had one, but now I really really want one.

11samype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By 11samype

I'd liked to try one sometime.  I always wondered what a kangaroo tasted like.

Iszdope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Iszdope

I've had it as a main a few times.  If it is cooked right, 'tis very good.  Otherwise, it is tough as.

Never had it burger style though.

Orgazmorater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Orgazmorater

d00d, ive eaten a mooseburger and it was delicious

Orgazmorater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Orgazmorater
    FoolInjection said:
    "andrewtr said:
    "So, where are the kangaroo farms? Is the meat being shipped in from Australia? Can't be that fresh if it is."
    Well they have like a chain of these Australian themed bars all over the UK so I'm guessing they have a farm somewhere down south of England where the weather is warmer.  Couldn't fly them in from Australia I don't think, like you said it wouldn't be fresh considering that it takes a regular flight from here to there 23 hours.
    "
    actually kangaroo's cant leave the country of australia according to australian law.
    Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Homer

No, and I really wouldn't want to eat a kangaroo lol...

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Shawn

I've had Kangaroo ribs before. Tres Delicioso!

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shocker

I never knew those existed. Don't really want one either lol.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By brukaoru

Eating Kangaroos? I don't think I could... I don't know why, I can eat parts of a cow, chicken... But Kangearoos... They're like a pet, and I can't imagine eating them.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Systech
    brukaoru said:
    "Eating Kangaroos? I don't think I could... I don't know why, I can eat parts of a cow, chicken... But Kangearoos... They're like a pet, and I can't imagine eating them.
    "
    A pet.... That could possibly kick the living shit out of you!
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Can't say I have.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TimeWaffle

wow that's something outback steakhouse should have

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Batman

Can't say that I have, but I did have a buffalo burger once which was extremely satisfying.  It seems the more endangered the species the better they taste.  I wanna try some Bald Eagle.

chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#19  Edited By chronicsmoke

Ive got a pretty open mind when it comes to food and if Im ever in australia ill have to try one

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By John1912
    Orgazmorater said:
    "FoolInjection said:
    "andrewtr said:
    "
    actually kangaroo's cant leave the country of australia according to australian law.
    "
    They prob cant leave ALIVE! MUHAHAHA!  Yea was wondering about that myself, would seem like there would be some kinda law.  I mean its not leagle to eat horse in most places is it?  I think they do in France, or so I seem to recal hearing somewhere, want to say my 9th grade french teacher.
    Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Quadrifoglio

Well, I won't say that fast-food burgers suck, but they don't taste as good as homemade burgers, I'll give you that. However, if you go into a small-time burger joint, I can guarantee you that it's heaven.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Rowr

Not a burger. But ive had Kangaroo plenty of times. You buy it in the store next to the steak.

The meat is excellent.

systech said:

"brukaoru said:
    "Eating Kangaroos? I don't think I could... I don't know why, I can eat parts of a cow, chicken... But Kangearoos... They're like a pet, and I can't imagine eating them.
    "
    "
    they are no pet. They live wild for the most part. Its pretty rare to see them as pets.

I replaced the hood of my car and front light yesterday because of th damage from hitting a Roo last week.

Straight out of a bush into my car.

O also I think we are the only country that eats our national emblem.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By oldschool
    Rowr said:
    "Not a burger. But ive had Kangaroo plenty of times. You buy it in the store next to the steak.

The meat is excellent.

systech said:
    "brukaoru said:
    "
    "
    they are no pet. They live wild for the most part. Its pretty rare to see them as pets.

I replaced the hood of my car and front light yesterday because of th damage from hitting a Roo last week.

O also I think we are the only country that eats our national emblem."
    Are you sure you are an Australian?  There is no such part on a car as a 'hood'.  There is a bonnet - did you mean that?

I don't eat meat, but agree that eating kangaroo is much better than eating a cow.  Unlike the cow, the kangaroo has soft feet and does not destroy pastoral land in the process of grazing.  They are also much, much smaller emitters of methane, and therefore better all round for the planet.

To my knowledge, there are no kangaroo farms in England and the meat is exported from Australia, just as the lamb and beef is.
    whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By whackmypinata
    systech said:
    "brukaoru said:
    "
    "
    Yeah and a pet pitbull could bite your face off. So?
    TheRizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheRizzle

I've never had a kangaroo BURGER, but when I lived in Australia, I did eat some kangaroo. And emu. And crocodile.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rowr
    oldschool said:
    "Rowr said:
    "Not a burger. But ive had Kangaroo plenty of times. You buy it in the store next to the steak.

The meat is excellent.

systech said:
    "brukaoru said:
    "
    "

Are you sure you are an Australian?  There is no such part on a car as a 'hood'.  There is a bonnet - did you mean that?

I don't eat meat, but agree that eating kangaroo is much better than eating a cow.  Unlike the cow, the kangaroo has soft feet and does not destroy pastoral land in the process of grazing.  They are also much, much smaller emitters of methane, and therefore better all round for the planet.

To my knowledge, there are no kangaroo farms in England and the meat is exported from Australia, just as the lamb and beef is.
    "
    I would have said Bonnet.

I lived in Canada for a year and know which words North Americans get stuck on. I said hood for the benefit of being understood by all.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By oldschool
    Rowr said:
    "oldschool said:
    "Rowr said:

The meat is excellent.

systech said:
    "brukaoru said:
    "
    "

"
    I would have said Bonnet.

I lived in Canada for a year and know which words North Americans get stuck on. I said hood for the benefit of being understood by all."
    They will never learn if you don't teach them :P
    connelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By connelo
    gman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gman

I tried Kangaroo meat once.  It was at a sushi restaurant (of all places).  It was actually in the same town as our office.  It was their special.  I figured why not.  It was already sitting in the kitchen.  It wasn't like they were going to go out an slaughter one just for me.  It wasn't bad.  I wouldn't order one again though.  Just doesn't seem right.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By Captain_Insano

kangaroo meat is awesome, though it has to be rare or medium rare othewrise it gets too tough.

never had it on a burger though

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By endoworks

I know this is old but i just ordered a kangaroo burger at a brewery in Appleton Wisconsin. I'll let you know what I think.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By mike
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I know this is old but i just ordered a kangaroo burger at a brewery in Appleton Wisconsin. I'll let you know what I think.

Will probably be delicious but it sounds gross. It's weird whenever you hear people eating animals that aren't commonly thought of as being edible. Like that one time Brad said he had raw horse... urgh...

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@endoworks said:

Will probably be delicious but it sounds gross. It's weird whenever you hear people eating animals that aren't commonly thought of as being edible. Like that one time Brad said he had raw horse... urgh...

I really don't care what it is until after I've tried it. If it tastes like shit, then I'll grimace. Otherwise, my mouth is open for business.

Take that as you will.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know I can just buy these things at the supermarket right? FYI don't feel bad about eating them, we have so many we don't know what to do with them. They just leap into traffic on a daily basis.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Samaritan

Until this very moment, I wasn't aware that a "kangaroo burger" was even a thing... that existed... in this world... that you eat...

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I have eaten a camel burger before. It was pretty great.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've eaten toddler meat. Tender and full of promise.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was at a friend's barbecue a couple of months ago where there was kangaroo burgers, moose burgers, ostrich, etc. I think I ate a kanagaroo burger and I thought it was pretty good. I know I ate a moose burger and thought it started out good but got less and less satisfied with each bite.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By endoworks

@mb: So I have ate the Kangaroo Burger, and it was very good, it had a very sweet taste to it. It was also loaded up with Wisconsin Cheddar and Bacon on a pretzel bun so surprise! it looked like any other burger (Pictures Below). I had it at a place called the Stone Cellar Brewpub in Appleton, Wisconsin. I have traveled to Wisconsin for work a few times but the first time I had been in Appleton. A regular while in Wisconsin is the cheese curds, they are delicious. But this place had hands down the best fried cheese curds I had ever had(Pictures also below). So if you are ever in Appleton I would say go here, order a Scottish Ale or another fine beer brewed at the location and enjoy.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By Seppli

Not a burger, but I had Roo Filet recently, and it's damn delicious. I'd eat Roo everyday, if it was a more commonly available meat around my parts. Kinda deliciously beefy in taste and color, but with kinda fowly consitency and structure to the meat. And it's lean.

Beefy Turkey - that's Roo meat.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

I'd try one if I got the chance. I've somehow gone this far living in Utah my whole life and haven't tried a bison or elk burger though.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope, but I would certainly try one. I think I would eat every animal given the chance.

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By btrdeadthanred

Kangaroo is over rated. So is leopard crawling 100m through kangaroo shit, but that's a different story.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#46  Edited By monkeyking1969

@andrewtr said:

So, where are the kangaroo farms? Is the meat being shipped in from Australia? Can't be that fresh if it is.

It is probably flash frozen individually vacuum packed meat. That is typical for most exotic meats, and if a resturnat is using a lot they are probably shipping in large amounts monthly. Flash frozen and vacuum packed they meat last for months.

I was looking at a exotic meat site in the US, and the Rattlesnake meat costs more than Kangaroo. I guess if you want less expensive snake meat, Boneless Python is the way to go. That might have to do with Florida being over run with Giant Pythons...eat up people we need to save Florida's indigenous wildlife one 12 ft python at a time!!!

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No but I've had a buffalo burger before. They're pretty rad and sounds like just as lean as roo. Maybe more. Definitely healthier than beef.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hell yeah, I have. Kangaroo is possibly my all-time favourite meat to eat. You gotta cook it just right, though, otherwise it gets too tough; all you gotta do is pretty much sear it to give it some colour, and serve it fairly rare.

Source: I'm Australian.

Sauce: Fuck no, you don't ruin a good bit of meat with that shit.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someday! Gotta taste em all!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.