Awesome Five Guys Burger

• 57 results
#1 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

I usually don't put much on my burger, but I went to Five Guys last night and my friend told me to get BBQ sauce, cooked onions, and bacon on my burger and it was delicious! Has anyone else had this combination before?

#2 Posted by Mikemcn (7005 posts) -

Almost anything from Five guys is delicious, i've had similar burgers in other places though, its an excellent combination of toppings. Was it a double or a triple burger?

#3 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

Anything from Five Guys is delicious! I just wish we had one where I lived.

#4 Edited by StarvingGamer (8456 posts) -

I don't know what Five Guys is, but I often eat burgers with those ingredients on them and they are indeed delicious.

Now I'm really fucking hungry.

#5 Posted by bybeach (4971 posts) -

I don't like BBQ sauce on my hamburger, but I sure wish there was one of these places close by. Sounds good anyways.

#6 Posted by ThatFrood (3376 posts) -

I find it really difficult to make a bad flavor combination on a five guys burger. Five Guys is just quality all around.

#7 Posted by solidejake (484 posts) -

There's a new one in my area, and I have been getting really mixed reviews. My Grandma and sister said it was disgusting, but my Uncle and Grandpa said it was one of the best burgers they had ever had. Someone want to shine some light on this?

#8 Edited by MetalBaofu (1429 posts) -

I've yet to try Five Guys.   I stay about 30-45 minutes outside of two towns(sorta midways between the two), and the Five Guys place is in the town that I never go to.   Maybe one will pop up in the other town eventually. If not, then I'm gonna have to drive 40 minutes to the town I never go to just to get a burger...which seems kinda stupid.

@solidejake

said:

There's a new one in my area, and I have been getting really mixed reviews. My Grandma and sister said it was disgusting, but my Uncle and Grandpa said it was one of the best burgers they had ever had. Someone want to shine some light on this?

Do you find that your tastes are more similar to your grandma and sister or your uncle and grandpa?    That might give you an idea of whether you might like it or not.    Better to just to there and get one, though.        Also have to consider cooks.   Maybe the person that made the burgers for your grandma and sister just screwed something up.
#9 Posted by DerekDanahy (880 posts) -

I used to work at a Five Guys and had to eat it basically every day. Even after quitting I still go back because it is easy and quick quality food.

#10 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Yes, and I loved it. Definitely goes well with a Cherry Coke. And now I'm hungry.

#11 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

5 guys is pretty good, but I'm hopelessly hooked on pedmontiese beef with lettuce, tomato smoked gouda, and zip sauce due to some crazy gormet places around here.

#12 Posted by Vonocourt (2157 posts) -

There's one bout five minutes from my house, never been.

#13 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

@Mikemcn said:

Almost anything from Five guys is delicious, i've had similar burgers in other places though, its an excellent combination of toppings. Was it a double or a triple burger?

It was a double.

#14 Posted by Stonyman65 (2808 posts) -

I had Five Guys yesterday. They where good before, but have been going down hill a bit over the last year or so, at least where I live. Personally, I think Whataburger is much better. However, Five Guys does have awesome fries.

#15 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

@solidejake said:

A lot of older people don't like it because it's so greasy, I've heard very similar comments. If you don't mind grease, you'll love it.

#16 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

Burger King called these burgers Rodeo Burgers like 8 years ago, but im not sure if they still make them. I loved'em, got them all the time.

#17 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

No, no. The correct combination is: double bacon cheese with pickles, onions, mustard, and jalapenos. The great thing about Five Guys is that they use FRESH jalapenos, not pickled. Makes all the difference.

#18 Posted by SSully (4263 posts) -

@Wolverine said:

@solidejake said:

A lot of older people don't like it because it's so greasy, I've heard very similar comments. If you don't mind grease, you'll love it.

Yeah and a normal burger is a double patty, so you are getting a lot on those buns.

#19 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1770 posts) -

There is no way you can go wrong with a Five Guys burger.

#20 Posted by Grilledcheez (3955 posts) -

I always get bacon...but with BBQ sauce? That sound even better!

#21 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I've never heard of Five Guys, are they only on the east coast or something?

#22 Posted by musclerider (591 posts) -

I usually panic when I get up to the counter and the guy asks me what I want on my burger, usually I just end up saying "ehh, just make it all the way". Five Guys has yet to disappoint.

Also, those servings of fries are fucking massive.

#23 Posted by papercut (3527 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

#24 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

@papercut said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

It's originally from Virginia, but it expanded up and down the East Coast. I guess it's our In and Out.

#25 Posted by papercut (3527 posts) -

@Wolverine: I thought White Castle was your In 'n' Out. Don't tell me you guys have 2 In 'n' Outs!

#26 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse: I went to a Five Guys in Norwalk, California in Orange County not too long ago. I also hear they're in Seattle, too, I think.

#27 Edited by Skogen (430 posts) -

I live in California and theres a Five Guys like 5 minutes away from two In-N-Outs. Guess im spoiled.

#28 Posted by jaymorgoth (242 posts) -

I live in Boise, idaho and we have 2 Five Guys in our city. They are consistently awesome!

#29 Posted by trident523 (6 posts) -

Get an everything burger, all the way. Every topping? Sure!

#30 Edited by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

I usually get bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, mayo and mustard.

I hate ketchup on burgers.

#31 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

@papercut said:

@Wolverine: I thought White Castle was your In 'n' Out. Don't tell me you guys have 2 In 'n' Outs!

I'm not much of a fan of White Castle. The meat isn't very good quality. Small burgers are over rated.

#32 Posted by BC_ (169 posts) -

I wish it wasn't so damn expensive though

#33 Posted by TekZero (2686 posts) -

I got the onions this past friday. It was amazing.

#34 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

Their burgers are great but the problem is their fries are always soggy and taste sort of off. Sub-par fries really hinder my Five Guys experience

#35 Posted by shotgunsullivan (29 posts) -

I like jalapenos, green peppers, onions, and A1 sauce. Be careful though, the jalapenos are raw and HOT AS HELL! they can really tear your stomach (and toilet) up.

#36 Posted by phish09 (1110 posts) -

No Jalapeno's?  Weak.

Actually, I just found out this past December that I have Celiac disease, which unfortunately means no more 5 guys for me, but the last thing I ate before getting diagnosed with Celiac's is a 5 guys burger, and it was friggin delicious. 

#37 Posted by ApolloBob (570 posts) -

My usual toppings (on the cheeseburger) were: Lettuce, Raw Onion, Pickle and Mayo. This was a very good burger. Then one day I added BBQ sauce to that same list, and oh my yes - even better!

#38 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5287 posts) -

We have Five Guys restaurants all over the place up here in the Twin Cities. The burgers are okay. They're basically a slightly better butter burger from Culvers. I'm cool with that. However their fries are absolute shit. Sure you get a bunch of them, but they suck. Always a soggy mess.

#39 Posted by CyborgDuo (105 posts) -

I went to Five Guys for the first time a week ago, and this was my first choice for toppings. Great minds...

#40 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1159 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

We have Five Guys restaurants all over the place up here in the Twin Cities. The burgers are okay. They're basically a slightly better butter burger from Culvers. I'm cool with that. However their fries are absolute shit. Sure you get a bunch of them, but they suck. Always a soggy mess.

Wow, that is amazing to me that anyone could possibly compare Culvers to Five Guys. Here in Chicago, Culvers is pretty much a bottom of the barrel, last-resort kind of place.

#41 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

Jeff, Vinny, Brad, Ryan and Patrick. That's my perfect Five Guys burger.

#42 Posted by Scrawnto (2461 posts) -

@shotgunsullivan said:

I like jalapenos, green peppers, onions, and A1 sauce. Be careful though, the jalapenos are raw and HOT AS HELL! they can really tear your stomach (and toilet) up.

In the past year, my mouth lost most of its sensitivity to spicy foods. Unfortunately the rest of my digestive system did not follow suit, so I still have to be careful about it. It's a shame, since I really like spicy food.

I should really try Five Guys out. I've heard good things, and I've missed being in driving range of In-N-Out since moving from California to Wisconsin.

#43 Posted by Kyle (2324 posts) -

There is a Five Guys currently being built in the next town over from me. I've never been to one before and the wait is killing me.

#44 Posted by BelligerentEngine (348 posts) -

While I'm never against any kind of burger, I've gotta come out as staunchly anti-barbeque sauce on anything other than ribs and, "maybe" chicken. All it does for me is mask the flavour of the meat.

#45 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5287 posts) -
@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

Wow, that is amazing to me that anyone could possibly compare Culvers to Five Guys. Here in Chicago, Culvers is pretty much a bottom of the barrel, last-resort kind of place.

Maybe the Five Guys I ate at just wasn't very good. Definitely not saying it was a bottom of the barrel burger, but it certainly isn't anything special. It was mostly the fries that soured me on the whole experience.
#46 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1159 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85: Sure, I agree the fries aren't great, but that's not why you go to Five Guys. It's not why I go, anyway.

And besides, I don't like Culvers' fries either. Bad for an entirely different reason, less soggy, more tasteless and bland.

#47 Edited by jakob187 (21728 posts) -

We have a Five Guys here. I hated it when I went there. The burger was dry, the fries aren't as good as everyone makes them out to be, and the soda was flat-ish.

It's nowhere NEAR as good as Double R or Dave's, two local places that make the most bitchin' burgers ever.

#48 Posted by jakob187 (21728 posts) -

@BelligerentEngine said:

While I'm never against any kind of burger, I've gotta come out as staunchly anti-barbeque sauce on anything other than ribs and, "maybe" chicken. All it does for me is mask the flavour of the meat.

Ummm....brisquet? You HAVE to have BBQ sauce with brisquet.

#49 Edited by BelligerentEngine (348 posts) -

@jakob187:

My apologies I forgot pulled pork and brisket, I so rarely go to good barbeque that those items kind of fall off my radar.

Edit: As an aside nobody makes a better burger than Dick's If I could manhandle a couple of those suckers right now, you betcha I would.

#50 Posted by PaulRevere (208 posts) -

@Wolverine: This made me so hungry, that I just went out and got a Five Guys burger (the place is less than 5 min from my house). Tried the cooked onions and BBQ sauce (sadly they didn't have bacon) and I must say it was probably the best burger I've ever had. Thank you sir.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.