Ayo for Mayo

#1 Posted by Shimmy (182 posts) -

Mayo on burgers, yes or no? 
Maybe it's because I'm Canadian and we do all sorts of weird shit, but I think that a good burger becomes a great burger with the addition of a little ma-to-the-yo.  
 What say you?
#2 Edited by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

no. mayo is the worst thing ever. :(  

xeiphyer agrees with me! 

#3 Posted by Trilogy (2637 posts) -

I put mayo on my burgers and I'm American. Did I miss the memo that this was a faux pas?

#4 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Mayo sucks, Miracle Whip ftw.  I put on Miracle Whip, but only if the burger is loaded with a lot of veggies. 

#5 Posted by Shimmy (182 posts) -

Depends on who you talk to I guess. I always gathered that people south of the border thought the whole mayo thing was a bit odd.

#6 Posted by RandomInternetPerson (779 posts) -

MAYO FTW

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

Plain mayo wouldn't be my personal choice for topping on a burger, but sure, why not.

Garlic mayo on the other hand - HELL YEAH!!!!! Garlic mayo is delicious on a burger.

#8 Posted by ZmillA (2257 posts) -

yes

#9 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

Nope....Mayo should never be used on a burger...that is like someone who puts ketchup on ice cream.  It just doesn't work at all, and that is just a fact.

#10 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1861 posts) -

I sometimes go with mayo, more with chicken burgers rather than beef though.

#11 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Yeah, totally. Mayo is often necessary.

#12 Posted by FengShuiGod (1478 posts) -

blechhhh. Mayo on nothing.

#13 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2472 posts) -

ayo for mayo
walk around with mayo
all on my burg-o
I musta' been craz-o

#14 Posted by Kirbichu54 (119 posts) -

Mayo on EVERYTHING. My sister can't stand it. More reason to eat it.
#15 Posted by Dom (436 posts) -

mayo is awesome

#16 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Never Hellmanns, that stuff is absolutely GROSS. 

The mayo BK puts on their Whoppers is awesome. But I usually put miracle whip on burgers.

#17 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

Mayo is good on burgers when you are going to include lettuce and tomato. It freshens the burger. For burgers with cheese, stick with mustard, ketchup, and relish. Maybe a pickle.

#18 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

good on chicken burgers, I wouldn't put it on beef. 

#19 Posted by psoplayer (237 posts) -

I still can't understand why people think Miracle Whip can even compete with Mayo. MW is sweet, and that makes it gross. Mayo, on the other hand, goes on any sandwich that make, and plenty of other stuff. It adds a bit of necessary moisture and creamy flavor that the sweetness of MW just ruins.

#20 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" no. mayo is the worst thing ever. :(   xeiphyer agrees with me!  "
I AGREE WITH YOU DAMMIT, i do.... *crys*
#21 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

I don't like it much.  On tuna fish it's good, but on a burger why not just use ketchup.

#22 Posted by ZmillA (2257 posts) -
@DOUBLESHOCK said:
" I don't like it much.  On tuna fish it's good, but on a burger why not just use ketchup. "
use both. I would never just have mayo.
#23 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -

Mayo, no. 

Miracle Whip, yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.