Burger Review: Taco Bell's Triple Steak Stack

#1 Edited by TurboMan (7539 posts) -

Holy Shit Folks. I am back with another "Burger" Review. After a long hiatus, It's finally time to sit down and review a fine cuisine from Taco Bell.

Price: $4.99

Positive: "It's wrapped in tin foil, so you know it's high quality."

Negative: "Not sliced down the middle like Subway does it."

Overall: Three Stars / Five

The Banner was made by Buzz_Clik a long time ago, and the song I used is from Hamst3r.

#2 Posted by MidgardDragon (152 posts) -

You should join that guy on Community that does the frozen pizza reviews.

Personally I thought the steak stack was too heavy on steak and didn't have much flavor.

#3 Posted by Dalai (7028 posts) -

But... it's not a burger. I know you acknowledged that, but c'mon!

I did have one the other day and it was alright. Very steaky, but the sauce wasn't the greatest.

#4 Posted by RedRoach (1191 posts) -

I remember these! From way back when the hamburger forum ruled above all on GB. Those were the days.

#5 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

Lookin' and soundin' like a poor man's Kevin Smith right there.

#6 Posted by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

Is there a better soda then Baja Blast?!?! You're dead to me if you answer in any way, shape, or form that isn't no.

#7 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -

Holy fuck, it's been way too long.

#8 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Hey, I like burgers!

#9 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@Dalai said:

#10 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Did you make that song for the video when you were eating, it is amazing.

#11 Edited by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Hamst3r made that song. Credit where credit is due plz.

I like your enthusiasm over Taco Bell. If only my tastebuds could be that happy again.

#12 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

@TurboMan said:

fine cuisine from Taco Bell.

Those words should never be used in the same sentence.

#13 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Now subscribed. I'm so glad I convinced myself to watch the video review. You're totally awesome, man! Great review. I'll never go to Taco Bell again without getting a large Mountain Dew Baja Blast, hahaha.

#14 Posted by SuperJoe (877 posts) -

@Dalai said:

He was thinking outside the bun.

#15 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

@Dalai said:

I did have one the other day and it was alright. Very steaky, but the sauce wasn't the greatest.

Seriously. This shouldn't even be on this board. Mods please ban this man.

#16 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

I've been on a raw food lifestyle diet for almost 4 months and having junk food every so often is an enjoyment and a reminder why I changed eating habits. Taco Bell is a guilty pleasure. I just tried one of these last night.
I just had to try this thing. It wasn't good. The pita type roll was doggy and wanted to tear. I had to eat it off the foil to prevent it from falling apart. I should have stuck with my regular choice of 2 steak chalupas and 2 volcano tacos loaded with 2 hot and 2 fire sauce packs each washed down by the Baja mountain dew. I'll give the triple steak 1.5 stars out of 5.

#17 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -
@SuperJoe

@Dalai said:

He was thinking outside the bun.

I hate you...
#18 Posted by TurboMan (7539 posts) -

@Lunar_Aura said:

Hamst3r made that song. Credit where credit is due plz.

Yes! Forgot to add it in last night when I posted it. Credit to hamst3r for his work should be in there now.

@OllyOxenFree said:

Lookin' and soundin' like a poor man's Kevin Smith right there.

Dreams do come true

@James_ex_machina said:

I've been on a raw food lifestyle diet for almost 4 months and having junk food every so often is an enjoyment and a reminder why I changed eating habits. Taco Bell is a guilty pleasure. I just tried one of these last night. I just had to try this thing. It wasn't good. The pita type roll was doggy and wanted to tear. I had to eat it off the foil to prevent it from falling apart. I should have stuck with my regular choice of 2 steak chalupas and 2 volcano tacos loaded with 2 hot and 2 fire sauce packs each washed down by the Baja mountain dew. I'll give the triple steak 1.5 stars out of 5.

Yeah, you could see in the video me just lifting up one end would tear the bread. I think my experience was a bit better than yours though, cause it wasn't as sloppily made.

#19 Posted by JasonR86 (9697 posts) -

The last time I went to taco bell I was really bummed that it wasn't as good as it was when I was a kid.

#20 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Just a friendly reminder for people: If your late for work and haven't eaten anything in awhile, DO NOT EAT THIS! It will totally turn your productive work day into a slow moving slog.

#21 Posted by TurboMan (7539 posts) -

@TheUnsavedHero: Yeah... I had it at 10 PM, but I know what you mean... it's one of those things that's hard to come back from.

#22 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Never stop being you.

#23 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

Very charming beard review.

#24 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@TheUnsavedHero said:

Just a friendly reminder for people: If your late for work and haven't eaten anything in awhile, DO NOT EAT THIS! It will totally turn your productive work day into a slow moving slog.

The same could be said about pretty much anything on the Taco Bell menu.

#25 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Nice logo duder!

#26 Posted by TurboMan (7539 posts) -

@Adamsons said:

Nice logo duder!

Logo was by buzz_clik... ya know, the guy that makes just about half of the tshirts for Giant Bomb

@FunExplosions said:

Very charming beard review.

I've gone from no shave november to not shaving my beard till Daniel Bryan cashes in his MotB at the main event of WrestleMania

#27 Posted by Getz (3006 posts) -

my motto is: "never get steak from Taco Bell"

#28 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

fucking 5 dollars?.....that's why I always order off the value menu at fast food places.

#29 Posted by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

@MidgardDragon: please tell me that I wasn't the only one who looked for Leonard's frozen pizza reviews on youtube after that episode.

#30 Posted by mac_n_nina (272 posts) -

@TurboMan: I agree with your MTND Baja Blast comment.

if u aint gettin baja blast at taco bell then u aint gettin shit u aint know shit n u dont know shit

#31 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

For reals on the Baja Blast. That soda be like seasoning on the otherwise inedible "food".

#32 Edited by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

Pub burger vs real burger.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.