Carl's Jr. Footlong Cheeseburger

#1 Edited by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Carl’s Jr. simply couldn’t sit still too long while KFC hopped into the sandwich game with their Double Down from days ago. It looks like they’re trying to make some waves with this new “Footlong Cheeseburger” they’re testing out at one of my local Santa Ana, CA, locations. The sandwich comes along with some chuckles, to say the least. It sells for $4 (the plain cheeseburger), and the deluxe is set at $4.50 (comes with all the fixings, lettuce, tomatoes, onions). The combo meals are set at $6.50 for the cheeseburger version and $7.00 for the deluxe footlong.

The 12-inch burger is wrapped like a sandwich, and sticks out of most of the to-go bags offered up at the location, so it was definitely an interesting sight. I’m not sure how well the burger will fair, it’s basically just a few patties and ingredients mimicking a sub sandwich, which may end up not helping its overall appeal. The dough on the bread seems a little off, but the execution of the entire sandwich still remains interesting and I’m intrigued to say the least. As for the patty, it actually consists of smaller individual patties, instead of one larger piece (which may have earned it some more “craziness points“). Maybe they will make some modifications if they decide to roll this burger out nationally.

Well, who wants one?
#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12390 posts) -

that looks amazing. 

that is all 

#3 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

How do you people eat this crap...

#4 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

That looks delicious. Why the hell don't we have a Carls Jr. around here? Someone get Stephen Harper on the phone, damnit!

#5 Posted by natetodamax (19136 posts) -

I want that.

#6 Posted by jkz (3956 posts) -

That is absolutely terrifying. I'm not sure how anyone eats shit like that.

#7 Posted by TehFedro (430 posts) -

I want to eat that right now.

#8 Posted by gakon (1940 posts) -

Wouldn't that kind of bread (usually for deli sandwiches) be weird with a hamburger?

#9 Posted by guiseppe (2833 posts) -

I sure as hell could go for one of those right now.

#10 Posted by TehFedro (430 posts) -

I know something better though, one of my infamous Mustard Sandwiches.

#11 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

My god.....it's beautiful.

#12 Posted by John1912 (1743 posts) -

I saw the post title, and had to take a look.  I was thinking, jesus..... Another over the top calorie laden fast food item.   Now im kinda wondering how much worse, if at all that is, compared to say, a foot long meatball at Subway.  Also after looking at the photo, I ve seen/heard of worse ideas.

#13 Posted by Bones8677 (3170 posts) -

A burger is meant to be round. This is a bastardization of the Hamburger.

#14 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

I doubt I'll ever have one of those but I still must say HELL YES.

#15 Posted by trophyhunter (5804 posts) -
@Vinchenzo: you are a terrible person
#16 Posted by innacces14 (733 posts) -

Holy crap! Santa Ana?! *calls friends*

#17 Posted by mosespippy (3752 posts) -

I'd love to have one just because it is so cheap compared to burgers here. I routinely pay $11 for a combo at Wendy's, so a footlong with everything combo for $7 is a deal.

#18 Posted by Gamer_152 (13975 posts) -

Sure it's big but is it tasty?

#19 Edited by Green_Incarnate (1782 posts) -

An abomination, but I could still eat one right now.

#20 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

Probably isn't that bad, but I just about threw-up when I saw that picture for some reason.

#21 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Carles Jr. seems to have a purpose in life of making the most unappealing looking food in existence.

#22 Posted by xMP44x (2189 posts) -

I must have one. Maybe if they become a success McDonalds will push such a creation out, and then I shall drop in and purchase one. For $4.00 (roughly £2.00), that thing is an absolute bargain. Admittedly if it was to appear here it'd cost more than though :(

#23 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -

oh my gentle jesus 
i just got a food boner

#24 Posted by agentboolen (1733 posts) -

If I wasn't already watching my weight these days I would totally get this....  Its nice to see fast food restaurants are looking to get our next generation of youngsters fat.  Good luck guys, thinking with your stomach instead of your brain eventually catches up to you.

#25 Edited by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Good value for a family to split.

#26 Posted by Liono88 (368 posts) -

I just threw up and had the shits at the same time from looking at that...thing

#27 Edited by Lunar_Aura (2780 posts) -

Would look good if it wasn't Carls Jr. and that all the ones I've been inside of smell like a train station restroom.
#28 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2385 posts) -
@Bones8677 said:
" A burger is meant to be round. This is a bastardization of the Hamburger. "
a very tasty bastardization, I bet.
#29 Posted by Milpool (505 posts) -

I had a minor heart attack just looking at it.

#30 Posted by Jasonofindy (258 posts) -
@LunarAura said:
" Would look good if it wasn't Carls Jr. and that all the ones I've been inside of smell like a train station restroom. "
This is the main problem. Most Hardee's/Carl's Jr. restaurants I've been in were dirty.  Whenever I've been in one the only thing going through my mind is: "If the parts of the restaurant we can see are this filthy, how nasty is the food prep area we can't see?"  Not to say that all their locations are like that.  When I'm traveling I'll still stop at one of the few locations that have for me historically at least looked clean just to have a Mushroom and swiss burger since they are pretty much the only fast food place to really have a decent one on a regular basis now that they are only seasonal/regional at Rally's/Checkers.  (It would also be freaking awesome if Rally's and Hardee's could drop this damn dual name once and for all.)
#31 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" How do you people eat this crap... "
With their mouths
#32 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

I want to try it....I love Hardee's

#33 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2237 posts) -

That's not right. It shouldn't be on a baguette, anyway.

I'll try to get one since I love Carl's Jr.

#34 Posted by punkxblaze (2878 posts) -

Gentlemen... The status quo is broken. For, you see, this burger...

this burger is a sandwich.

#35 Posted by Skytylz (4015 posts) -

If only they had those in Nebraska.

#36 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2385 posts) -
@punkxblaze said:
" Gentlemen... The status quo is broken. For, you see, this burger...  this burger is a sandwich. "
holy shit! you're right! I didn't even think of that! oh no!!
#37 Posted by Nasar7 (2500 posts) -

Is that a cheeseburger on a baguette? Someone post a facepalm pic for me.

#38 Posted by MikeHawk (381 posts) -

so my buddies and I called our local Hardees to see if they were gonna have them. After 12 rings, a worker picks up the phone and says "thank you for choosing Wendy's.... I mean thank you for choosing Hardees". Stereotypical fast food worker lol

#39 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1326 posts) -

Wow, I'd feel terrible if I ever ate that.
#40 Posted by drummerboykhari (192 posts) -

I want it

#41 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4480 posts) -

This is glorious, my friends. Glorious.

#42 Posted by lawlerballer (204 posts) -

footlong heartattack lulz

#43 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

They are blurring the line between burger and hoagie and I don't like it.

#44 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1852 posts) -

I'm morbidly curious, if only they were in Canada...

#45 Posted by MeatSim (10603 posts) -

I don't think it can beat the Mr. Hero Romanburger.  Yes they have a 12-inch large version.

#46 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that's just called a cheese steak. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.