Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hamburger

Object » linked to 362 games

A hamburger is a hunk of ground beef served between two pieces of bun-configured bread. Hamburgers are often served with a variety of toppings and condiments. It is named for the region in which it was invented, not for the kind of meat (as is often mistakenly suggested).

CNN Article - Banish the Burger?

Kinarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Kinarion
    Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Zabant

I love scientists that say thing like "we are close to being able to live on a full plant based diet, SO WHY EAT MEAT?"

We have been able to live without smoking and drinking alcohol for a millennia and people still do it, and you know why?

BECAUSE IT FEELS AND TASTES GREAT.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Suicrat

Wow, what a think tank. This line had me in stitches:

"Two steps are available to eliminate E. coli in the ground beef supply, Boyle said. One is irradiation, which is not widely used. The second is through proper cooking of the product."

Okay, so if I want to eat raw beef, I should also give myself radiation poisoning? Option 2 seems far simpler.

MrMuise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrMuise

I read about two paragraphs and stopped due to how completely retarded this is. If anyone is too retarded to know how to cook food then they can shit their pants with crippling force to give them a reminder next time.

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zabant
    @Suicrat: not that kind of radiation......you ever eat anything from a microwave?

It was irradiated, Hell why do you think they call radiators by that name. It just means to heat it up by shaking the liquid molecules inside around.
    Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Matt_

We did not claw our way to the top of the food chain with sticks and spears to eat plants off of the ground. We did so for the delicious meat. Vegetarians are slapping our ancestors in the face.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By Suicrat
    @Zabant said:
    " @Suicrat: not that kind of radiation......you ever eat anything from a microwave? It was irradiated, Hell why do you think they call radiators by that name. It just means to heat it up by shaking the liquid molecules inside around. "
    Okay, well that's slightly different. However, when it comes to ground beef, I'd still say option 2 is preferable to microwaving.
    ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ht101
    @Matt_ said:
    " We did not claw our way to the top of the food chain with sticks and spears to eat plants off of the ground. We did so for the delicious meat. Vegetarians are slapping our ancestors in the face. "
    Hell fucking yeah man.  I don't need to say anything else.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Dalai

I think Anthony Bourdain said it best. 

"We have eyes in the front of our head. We have fingernails. We have ... teeth and long legs. We were designed from the get-go ... so that we could chase down smaller, stupider creatures, kill them and eat them,"

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By PercyChuggs

Hamburger tastes better with fecal matter.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Belonpopo

Im a little confused are they saying we should banish the burger or just not recommend it?
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By JoelTGM

I don't know what to say about this, ugh, those people are idiots.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By RHCPfan24

Scientists have done a lot to progress us....but why the hell would they want to pull us back? No one is going to support a banishment of our beloved burger so they better stop even proposing the idea.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FrankCanada97

Wow, banish? That was an interesting choice of vocabulary.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By bacongames

Honeslty, when was the last time you knew or heard of someone that died as a result of their food?  You eating that burger while driving is way more likely to kill you than anything inside it.

The FDA wouldn't put meat and poultry products in their general dietary plan just because they like the taste.  Outside of being generally awesome meat is good for you too.

People tend to forget that some scientists scramble to put bread on the table and will drum up interest or research for something just to get attention and more money.

Storphrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Storphrax

"Since the Jack in the Box case, I've never had a hamburger," Marler said. "I have three daughters -- 17, 14 and 10 -- and they've never had a hamburger."

Is it even possible to go 17 years without a hamburger in America? (Without being a vegetarian of course)

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By unsolvedparadox
      BANISH CNN!!! 

@Storphrax
    said:
    "  "Since the Jack in the Box case, I've never had a hamburger," Marler said. "I have three daughters -- 17, 14 and 10 -- and they've never had a hamburger."   Is it even possible to go 17 years without a hamburger in America? (Without being a vegetarian of course) "
    I figure the odds are about as good as going 17 years without television.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.