Dairy Queen burgers...

#1 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3090 posts) -

Has anyone ever been brave enough to try a burger from Dairy Queen? I don't see the point in them selling such products. I never go into Dairy Queen craving a burger, I crave ice cream. Unless my burger is going to bleed chocolate syrup when I take a bite out of it, burgers should have no place in such an establishment.

#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I never have, but if I ever get the opportunity, I'll totally go for it. Can't pass up a good burger opportunity.

#3 Edited by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

I have, I've had a few over the years, they're just the standard "Greasy, somewhat tough" typical burger from a non-burger joint (now with added "What is this hard little pellet I just bit into!".) If a raw hamburger patty was trapped in a glacier, flash frozen, chipped out some millennia later, then grilled up - that would be a DQ burger. I can't imagine anyone going to Dairy Queen because of a burger craving. It's not really terrible, just exactly like you think it would be (if you're thinking forgettable, average, somewhat un-warm, etc.) Whenever I go it's all about the Blizzards. The Blizzard with chunks of Heath Bar in it? Fucking yeah man, nothing better. Dairy Queen is the shack of escape in hot summer days, that's all there is to it. Those that know, know.

You don't go to a place with "Dairy" in the title for meat. I wouldn't go to Burger King for ice cream if they started serving it.

I've thought about this same thing, I think it's mostly for soccer Moms with a car full of picky eaters, little annoying shits. "But, waaah, I don't want ice cream like Kim's getting!" That's where the burgers come in. You will get the burger and you will shut the fuck up back there or so help me God I will turn this car around so fast!

One word for DQ burgers: Unspectacular.

#4 Posted by Joker (675 posts) -

Meh, Dairy Queen's burgers are at least alright. They aren't very good per say, and I would rather go to a WhatABurger for my burgers, but still, you just can't pass up that Oreo ice cream.

#5 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -

I've only had a few. They were all awesome.

I dunno, I'd imagine Dairy Queens in Canada are the same as the ones in the US. But here no one ever orders the burgers, and they don't seem to keep any in warming trays, so every time I order a burger I wait about five minutes (maybe a little longer sometimes) before getting a piping hot, fresh & juicy burger. Dollar for dollar, they're far better than a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder, but if I'm in a rush and don't care about taste I'll just grab a couple of double cheeseburgers from McDonalds, my arteries be damned.

#6 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

I have not, but they have GOOD chicken fingers.

#7 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -

the burgers at DQ are really good go get one.

#8 Posted by Player1 (3861 posts) -

There food is sooo BAD. Some of my friends like it, but like you said, I go their craving me some Creamed Ice. Not burgers. 

#9 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -

Dairy Queen's ice cream is disgusting.

#10 Posted by GMan (471 posts) -

I have had nachos from there more than once.  Some times I just don't crave the sweets.  But there aren't really any DQs in this area.  : (

#11 Posted by lazyturtle (1228 posts) -

I've found that the quality of DQ food varies much more wildly than most other chains. I've eaten both good and bad food from DQs in the past. 

Really if you want a burger, go to a non-chain resturant. They generally (not always, but generally) have better burgers simply because they're trying to compete with the giants. 
#12 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

A lot better than macdonalds.

#13 Posted by BloodRavyne (126 posts) -

their burgers are alright but the lettuce in the burger is always a dark green flimsy piece of shit, bad lettuce.

#14 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"I've thought about this same thing, I think it's mostly for soccer Moms with a car full of picky eaters, little annoying shits. "But, waaah, I don't want ice cream like Kim's getting!" That's where the burgers come in. You will get the burger and you will shut the fuck up back there or so help me God I will turn this car around so fast!."
I stay around this forum because of posts like this one.
#15 Posted by Boiglenoight (531 posts) -

When the Flamethrower came out, I tried one.  It wasn't bad, not as spicy as I'd hoped though.  Then the bowel movement came, and the true meaning of its namesake was revealed to me.

#16 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -
keef said:
"When the Flamethrower came out, I tried one.  It wasn't bad, not as spicy as I'd hoped though.  Then the bowel movement came, and the true meaning of its namesake was revealed to me."
I get that whenever I chow down on a bunch of raw jalepenos. The fury of the flamethrowing aftermath is matched only by the volume of my screams echoing around the bathroom walls.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.