Does anyone else just HATE mustard?

• 121 results
#1 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

In my opinion of course, mustard is just terrible I don't know what's worse, it's disgusting puke yellow color or rancid smell.

I want to know who started this trend of putting such a vile product on Hamburgers or just food in general. Does anyone agree with me?

#2 Edited by DorianBlack (311 posts) -

Honey Mustard is ok but I can't stand regular mustard. My dad used to squeeze some on his tongue when I was a kid to mess with me because I thought it was so gross.

#3 Posted by CB (116 posts) -

I can't stand it at all. One little drop of it and it ruins the burger for me.

#4 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

mustard is disgusting, vile and evil.

#5 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

I don't mind it, but would never put it on a hamburger.

#6 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

I hate it so much:(

#7 Posted by zeus_gb (595 posts) -

Mustard is lovely!

English mustard and Dijon mustard yummy!

#8 Posted by YDGI (36 posts) -

Seed Mustard is alright, but normal Mustard reminds to much of the poo the next door neighbours dog leaves around.

#9 Posted by funkmasterflare (69 posts) -

I've never tasted it. I was actually meaning to try it one of these day--maybe next time I have a hamburger.

#10 Posted by SlayingShogun (257 posts) -

I used to hate mustard as a kid but i love it now

#11 Posted by PinkElephant (112 posts) -

Dang, why y'all gotta be hating on mustard? I love it on hamburgers. In fact, hamburgers are my favorite place to put mustard.

#12 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
funkmasterflare said:
"I've never tasted it. I was actually meaning to try it one of these day--maybe next time I have a hamburger.
"
and ruin a perfectly good burger?!
#13 Posted by MadMatr07 (200 posts) -

Yeah, I can not stand Mustard or Ketchup I think they just make things taste like those and not what you're eating.

#14 Posted by Mardarkin (85 posts) -

I went to Canada around my birthday (May), and prior to that I'd never really eaten mustard.  But I found myself munching down on hot dogs, burgers, BBQ, pretty much every day, and among the standard dressings was French's mustard.

Proud to be contrarian, I now freakin' like mustard.

#15 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

I like mustard on hot dogs, but not on much else.

#16 Posted by Shasam (468 posts) -

You have to get mustard right for it to be nice. In general, I will have mustard, if it's and option, over ketchup.

#17 Posted by Pete (65 posts) -

I love mustard.

#18 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

I love Mustard.

#19 Posted by JibaaJabba (78 posts) -

I can tolerate it if its on a Burger but i normally ask them to take it off

#20 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I love mustard.

#21 Posted by BxGT (72 posts) -

eww, i hate that crap.

#22 Posted by MattyFTM (14433 posts) -

What kind of mustard. I'm not a fan of english mustard but french mustard is lovely.

#23 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

I'm not a big mustard fan.

#24 Posted by Vash108 (153 posts) -

Love spicy mustard but I don't care for regular.

#25 Posted by DarkPredatorUK (111 posts) -

French mustard is yummy!

no love for English mustard, even though i'm English myself lol

#26 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -

A hamburger isn't a hamburger without mustard.

Okay, no one's going to die if they forget to put it on, but the result will be a shadow of what it should have been.

#27 Posted by DappaDizzle (179 posts) -

if it comes on my hamburger i dont mind, i do go out my mind to put it on tho

#28 Posted by tariqari (431 posts) -

The only food I hate like that would be plain onions. Can't stand em. If they are mixed up in a sauce/salsa/soup or something, I'm fine with em. Even some variants of Onion Blooms I'm ok with, but I get really sick if I try to eat a raw/cooked plain onion.

#29 Posted by TimeWaffle (946 posts) -

noe me gusta mustard

#30 Posted by Skywarpgold (153 posts) -

I agree.  Honey mustard is cool, but even a little bit of mustard in anything, and I can taste it!!

#31 Posted by Getter3 (33 posts) -

Mustard is really damn disgusting...that dijon mustard even more so. I'm a ketchup fiend through and through. I drown my food in the stuff.

#32 Posted by Getter3 (33 posts) -

Mustard is really damn disgusting...that dijon mustard even more so. I'm a ketchup fiend through and through. I drown my food in the stuff.

#33 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

The only thing I like mustard on is sanwiches. Roast beef, turkey, bologna, ham, etc. Actually, I HAVE to have it on my sandwiches.

#34 Posted by legend_cloud (359 posts) -

I only like mustard on my sandwiches, nothing else.

#35 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -
legend_cloud said:
"I only like mustard on my sandwiches, nothing else.
"

Ahh, after my own heart I see?
#36 Posted by megagene (140 posts) -

I love most types of mustard.

#37 Posted by LouChou (458 posts) -

I've always hated mustard. It tastes like what I believe tear gas would taste like.

#38 Posted by audecide (10 posts) -

I was just talking about this yesterday!  Yes, mustard is totally ridiculously disgusting.  It's one of the few things I even hate the smell of.  Ketchup on the other hand...

But, my dad hated ketchup and LOVED mustard, so, one of these days i'm fully expecting my taste buds to give me the double bird and walk out on me.

#39 Posted by skjeggen (39 posts) -

Mustard is the work of the devil. for sure:O

#40 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -

I've been thinking more about this.

Regular (yellow) mustard is the only one that belongs on hamburgers.

Dijon mustard is for dressings and cooking. Deli mustard is for sandwiches. Whole mustard is for cooking. Honey mustard is for chicken burgers. English mustard is for throwing in the garbage.

#41 Posted by Thriteenthmonkey (78 posts) -

I do

#42 Posted by Baltor3 (4 posts) -

For my own, I don't like mustard, even if it's honey mustard or tradititional one.

#43 Posted by Wanderer5 (14 posts) -

I don't really like mustard that much.

#44 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

It's okay in small servings but the taste is so strong that it's easy to overdo it.

#45 Posted by WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler (458 posts) -

No mustard for me. Going with ketchup for my burger.

#46 Posted by Virago (2487 posts) -

<------- LOVES mustard! I will take yours.

#47 Posted by myzticaznfool (58 posts) -

On hot dogs, I am cool with mustard.  But with anything else, yuck.

#48 Posted by Hannibal (863 posts) -

I love mustard.

Low calorie, great taste.

#49 Posted by pbhawks45 (739 posts) -
Shawn said:
"In my opinion of course, mustard is just terrible I don't know what's worse, it's disgusting puke yellow color or rancid smell.

I want to know who started this trend of putting such a vile product on Hamburgers or just food in general. Does anyone agree with me?
"
I hate any mustard with a passion. Any hint of it, and it makes me gag. Pickles do the same for me, too.
#50 Posted by Babble (1270 posts) -

Mustard does better on Hot Dogs, but I don't mind it either way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.