Ever disappointed when you get your burger?

#1 Posted by Ryu (382 posts) -

So you go into Burger King and see the picture of the giant burger on the wall, you then buy your burger ad its smaller than your fist. That get on anyone else's nerves? 

#2 Posted by Blueblur1 (344 posts) -

That's to be expected, Ryu. The real problem is when you order a burger and its some sloppy cold mess that was probably sitting under a broekn heat lamp for the last hour. That happens a lot when I go to Burger King. And not the same Burger King.

#3 Posted by Ryu (382 posts) -

Of course I don't expect a poster sized burger but you do feel a little screwed over sometimes.

#4 Posted by Thriteenthmonkey (78 posts) -

Yeah, sometimes when I get a burger the tomato is all gross, I hate it when that happens.

#5 Posted by Pete (65 posts) -

They only cost a few dollars, so it's not a huge let down.  It does suck if you get one at a sit down place, where you're paying 2 or 3 times the price.

#6 Posted by SarazinRuin (157 posts) -

All the time.

#7 Posted by seraph973 (27 posts) -

i saw an video once where they were dressing up the burger. they used like glue and pins to make the lettuce look good

#8 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1035 posts) -
Pete said:
"They only cost a few dollars, so it's not a huge let down.  It does suck if you get one at a sit down place, where you're paying 2 or 3 times the price.
"
Amen, brother, a-fricking-men. Last time I was at Cheeseburger in Paradise, the barbecue bacon burger (whatever the hell it was called--I can't remember) I ordered came to me looking like the Devil sat his nasty ass down on that thing and farted flames of damnation.
#9 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Only when they get my order wrong.

"Alright, all I want is Bacon and Cheese"

*Opens the burger up*

*finds ketchup, pickles, mustard.*


"DARN YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!"

#10 Posted by seraph973 (27 posts) -

i saw an video once where they were dressing up the burger. they used like glue and pins to make the lettuce look good

#11 Posted by thehamburgler (12 posts) -

There is nothing worse in the entire food industry then an incorrect  hamburger order, or subpar toppings! Undercooked chicken bedamned.

#12 Posted by INFINITE_CASH (194 posts) -
MagusMaleficus said:
"Pete said:
"They only cost a few dollars, so it's not a huge let down.  It does suck if you get one at a sit down place, where you're paying 2 or 3 times the price.
"
Amen, brother, a-fricking-men. Last time I was at Cheeseburger in Paradise, the barbecue bacon burger (whatever the hell it was called--I can't remember) I ordered came to me looking like the Devil sat his nasty ass down on that thing and farted flames of damnation.
"
Damn I know that had to hurt you when you saw it. I've learned my lesson as well now when I get a burger I go in with low expectations. This way there is no way to get hurt again. The only direction to go is up.
#13 Posted by Resonate (172 posts) -
Ryu said:
"So you go into Burger King and see the picture of the giant burger on the wall, you then buy your burger ad its smaller than your fist. That get on anyone else's nerves? "
every

damn


time

go to Hardees, man
#14 Posted by MattyFTM (14345 posts) -

I'm always disappointed when I get fast food burgers, because they generally suck

Moderator
#15 Posted by SleazyP (83 posts) -

Carl's Jr. Prime Rib Burger = Sh!t Sandwich

#16 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Sometimes....I usually expect the burger to be smaller then what it appears to be in pictures.

#17 Posted by Ryu (382 posts) -

Yeah of course, I'm not saying I want a poster sized burger just a quality one that isn't tiny.

#18 Posted by WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler (458 posts) -

Once, when i got a burger from wendys, it was all soggy.

#19 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

The few times I get burger, I am almost always disappointed

#20 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

sometimes... usually from crappy places like burger king

#21 Posted by MutenMiller (215 posts) -

I've gotta say though, on the flip side;

How awesome is it when you unwrap your burger, and it looks exactly like it does on the poster. It's happened to me, oh I don't know, three or so times in my entire life. But boy, what a rush. Photoburgers I call 'em.

#22 Posted by AnonymousLegion (64 posts) -

The pictures are always a lie.

#23 Edited by roofy (1005 posts) -
AnonymousLegion said:
"The pictures are always a lie.
the cake is a lie
#24 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

I could never be dissapointed with a hamburger

#25 Posted by Gamblor666 (8 posts) -

The burger pictures are a LIE!

#26 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

Yeah almost always lol

#27 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I had a big mac, and it tasted alright, but it just didn't have the epicness.

#28 Posted by BranDong (238 posts) -
seraph973 said:
"i saw an video once where they were dressing up the burger. they used like glue and pins to make the lettuce look good
"

I saw that as well.. like plastic surgery to make a burger look like the menu picture...
MillerWakka said:
"I've gotta say though, on the flip side;

How awesome is it when you unwrap your burger, and it looks exactly like it does on the poster. It's happened to me, oh I don't know, three or so times in my entire life. But boy, what a rush. Photoburgers I call 'em.
"                 

Holy shit are you sure you didn't  just dream those?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.