FATBURGER

#1 Posted by j_drace (353 posts) -

This is by far the best burger joint that I have ever been to.  I live in Pittsburgh, PA so we really don't have many good burger joints here.  I found out that there is a Five Guys here so I will be checking it out tomorrow and update this thread.    I've only been to FATBURGER a few times since they closed down the only one that was close to me about a year ago.  It was very good and clean, but it was also expensive.  Basically nothing came on the burgers and everything was extra, but man were they delicious.  The milkshakes are also very good too.  Has anyone else been to one?  Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences.

This is the Double King burger at FATBURGER.  It's base price is around $8.00, but this one in the picture cost me a $20 bill.  It has american cheese, cheddar cheese sauce, bacon, chili, eggs, onions, mayo, ketchup, pickles, jalapenos, and what ever other extras they had.  It was loaded with everything on the menu.  It was very good though, but if I ever went again I would definitely take some of those things off.
#2 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

That's beautiful.  Makes me look at my Subway sub with shame.

#3 Posted by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

I love burgers with fried eggs on them
#4 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2434 posts) -

Just looking at that makes you fatter.

#5 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -
@j_drace:
Pittsburgh has the best burgers and Sandwiches ever!
#6 Posted by DuderBattalion (269 posts) -

Dude .. that looks like death !

#7 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

My arteries are fine the way they are thanks. Jesus that looks vile.

#8 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

oh my.. 

#9 Posted by Insectecutor (1186 posts) -

Judging by the picture it looks like they also have baby sick on that menu.

#10 Edited by j_drace (353 posts) -
@baconbits33 said:

" @j_drace: Pittsburgh has the best burgers and Sandwiches ever! "

@baconbits33: Yeah sandwiches, not burgers.  Primanti Bros. is one of my favorite places ever.  The sandwiches are so fucking good and the atmosphere is great too.
#11 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

I had a fatburger near where I lived in Jersey and I thought it was great, but sadly there are none near me now :(

#12 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -
@j_drace said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @j_drace: Pittsburgh has the best burgers and Sandwiches ever! "
@baconbits33: Yeah sandwiches, not burgers.  Primanti Bros. is one of my favorite places ever.  The sandwiches are so fucking and the atmosphere is great too. "
Dude, awesome.  Fucking sandwiches.  I thought I saw everything.  =D 

Anyways, awesome burger.
#13 Posted by j_drace (353 posts) -

Next time I go to Primanti Bros. I will take a picture of the sandwich for you guys to see since I know they only have them in Pittsburgh and one in Ft. Lauderdale.

#14 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

There are a few Fatburgers here in Orange County; the one i frequent (by frequent, I mean maybe once every couple months) is about 5 minutes away from here.  It's good stuff, definitely. It tastes like a burger should taste- you're chomping at the meat and everything else complements that, not the other way around.

However, I agree that it's so damn expensive to get the stuff you want on the burger. I too got the XXL burger, and to add cheese and make it a combo, I was paying close to $17 for the meal. Ouch.

#15 Posted by j_drace (353 posts) -
@VinceNotVance: I don't think I got a meal, just the burger I think.
#16 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

fuck i want one of them so bad right now. looks delicious

#17 Edited by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

That looks amazing, makes me want a five guys near my house instead of a Wendy's and Burger King. 

#18 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Send me one, I live in Montreal 
That looks great compared to the whooper I bought today 

#19 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

Perhaps not the most visually pleasing burger ever but a good burger is a good burger.

#20 Posted by j_drace (353 posts) -
@addictedtopinescent: Whoppers don't look great and the past few times I've been to BK and got a chicken related meal the chicken was burned to shit.  However, you can never go wrong with a whopper.  It's never disappointed me and it's reasonably priced.
#21 Posted by j_drace (353 posts) -
@Gamer_152: It looks like death, but it's good.
#22 Posted by EpicSteve (6483 posts) -

Oh my God...
#23 Edited by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
@j_drace: Yeah, all the extras add up! If I added the chili, extra cheese, bacon, egg, I'd be paying another $4 for the burger alone. That's probably why your burger alone was comparable to my burger meal (I only added cheese).

Oh and everyone else, it might look disgusting in that picture, but it's a real damn cheeseburger. One of the better burgers you'll have.
#24 Posted by Andorski (5268 posts) -

I miss the days when Fatburgers were actually... you know... fat.

#25 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

This is why Europeans like me call Americans fat.

#26 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

HOLY CHRIST.  That looks amazing, I've never heard of FATBURGER though.

#27 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -
@jadeskye said:
" This is why Europeans like me call Americans fat. "
Not just because you are pretentious?
#28 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -
@W0lfbl1tzers said:
" @jadeskye said:
Not just because you are pretentious? "
I do not Deny being a pretentious asshole. Americans are also fat.
#29 Posted by Ubiquitous (571 posts) -
@j_drace:
This one time I went to visit my buddy at school and he showed me this crazy restaraunt by him called Fat Sandwich. The first thing I saw outside was an insanely large and revolting pile of puke, which made more sense later on. It was probably the single most magical and delicious place I've ever been. In fact one could say it was magicly delicious.  

It was essentially a burger place that had every greasy food known to mankind and they would throw all of it onto one sandwich. The menu was basically 30 different combinations of crazy greasy foods that all came with fries in the sandwich.  

I think I got a cheesburger with gyros, chicken fingers, onion rings, bacon, cheese sticks, and of course french fries. It was the most amazing thing I have ever eaten in my life.
#30 Edited by j_drace (353 posts) -
@jadeskye said:

" @W0lfbl1tzers said:

" @jadeskye said:
Not just because you are pretentious? "
I do not Deny being a pretentious asshole. Americans are also fat. "
@jadeskye: I am European.  That still doesn't change the fact that the Double King burger was excellent.
#31 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Fatburger is pretty delicious. 
HOWEVER.  Too fucking expensive.  I'd rather go to In N Out.

#32 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

I continue to enjoy that image.  I have decided to head over to my local Fatburger to experience such a burger.

#33 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Wasnt that long ago that Fatburger was only along the west coast. Guess it's turning into a high priced Mcdonalds. 

#34 Posted by j_drace (353 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
" Wasnt that long ago that Fatburger was only along the west coast. Guess it's turning into a high priced Mcdonalds.  "
@AgentJ: For the most part it still is only West Coast.  Kanye West bought a bunch of licenses to open up Fatburger and I'm pretty sure he's opening a few up in Chicago.
#35 Posted by j_drace (353 posts) -
@VinceNotVance: I just came back from Five Guys and man it totally blows FATBURGER out of the water.  I ended up getting a bacon cheeseburger with ketchup, mayo, onions, lettuce, and pickles and I also got the cajun fries.  For my drink naturally I got the ice cold coca-cola because nothing compliments a burger better.  I don't think I've eaten a better burger in my life.  Anyways thanks to everyone who recommended it.
#36 Posted by ZmillA (2269 posts) -

FATBURGER is very good

#37 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
@j_drace: I'm going to check out Five Guys eventually, but the closest restaurant is some 40 minutes away. I'd have to make a mini-trip to try their food. Maybe I'll go this weekend, if I have some free time.
#38 Posted by j_drace (353 posts) -
@VinceNotVance: You should, it's very good.  It's in the same price range as FATBURGER, but you don't need to pay for toppings.  Also two patties come on their burgers.  The bacon cheeseburger, a regular sized drink, and regular sized cajun fries were about $10.  I highly recommend it though.
#39 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

A Fatburger Currently Being Devoured By Me 
#40 Posted by Wrect (315 posts) -

I think I've been to a Fat Burger in Los Angeles.  Tasty business, that.
#41 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

ewww. that looks kind of gross

#42 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -

My chest just tightened ever so slightly

#43 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

there are a couple of them around me, i need to go this week.

#44 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

omg dude, that is the sickest looking greaseball burger I have seen in a long time,
I want one, And I want one right fucking now.

#45 Posted by skunk (240 posts) -

Fatburger is soo goddamn good it's retarded. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. FUCK....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.