Favorite Burger

#1 Edited by BlackIrish05 (348 posts) -

What is your Favorite Burger where and why. I got to say mine was at Ted's Montana Grill, because of how well the meat was cooked and it was very, very juicy! 

Edit: Actually I got to say I'm gonna change my vote to the Whopper. I can't get enough.
#2 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

Apparently, BlackIrish05 likes burgers.

Personally, my favorite is my own home-grilled burgers.  I don't mean to brag, but I know a thing or two about BBQ'ing, burgers, and cooking.  Mix those together with the right seasonings and the love of burgers, and you get amazingness.
#3 Posted by BlackIrish05 (348 posts) -

I can;t argue with that jakob187!

#4 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I don't have a favorite. It could be said that I'm on a life-long quest to find a favorite. I'm open to burgers of all kinds.

#5 Posted by Gnat (85 posts) -

nothing like a classic mcdonalds hamburger (the little ones)

#6 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Bacon Cheeseburgers are probably my favorite.

#7 Posted by BlackIrish05 (348 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:
"I don't have a favorite. It could be said that I'm on a life-long quest to find a favorite. I'm open to burgers of all kinds.
"
That should be the next Final Fantasy game. The box art would be EPIC.
#8 Posted by Irishjohn (581 posts) -
JJOR64 said:
"Bacon Cheeseburgers are probably my favorite.
"
I am also a sucker for most every variation on the Bacon Cheeseburger theme.  Except the Baconator.  That was disappointing.
#9 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

Johnny Rockets.

That place is so goddamn delicious.
#10 Posted by Bullet_Jr (770 posts) -
BananaKid said:
"Johnny Rockets.

"
Yeah, if you like paying $5 for fries (they don't even come with the burger). I like Johnny Rockets' food, but the pricing and atmosphere kills it for me.
#11 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -
Bullet_Jr said:
"BananaKid said:
"Johnny Rockets.

"
Yeah, if you like paying $5 for fries (they don't even come with the burger). I like Johnny Rockets' food, but the pricing and atmosphere kills it for me.
"
I love the atmosphere, but I guess I'm just into the retro diner stuff.
#12 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

MacDonald's Sausage and Egg McMuffin. Yes, its a burger, cos i say so

#13 Posted by Bullet_Jr (770 posts) -
BananaKid said:
"Bullet_Jr said:
"BananaKid said:
"Johnny Rockets.

"
"
I love the atmosphere, but I guess I'm just into the retro diner stuff.
"
What would be awesome is if they kept the same prices as the golden age of soda jerk.
#14 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

The Angus...

The Angus is currently my favourite burger, I don't think it can be beaten in the taste - cost ratio right now. This taste however comes at a high price. It's a pretty expensive burger, one that uses some of the finest Scotch beef from the Angus breed.

This burger is all about the quality of the meat, and it has that in abundance. The meat is wondefully  tender, and has a natural sweet taste and aroma to it. This natural sweetness comes to the fore when chewing on the edges I find. Which is why I think they have increased the edge line with the way the burger has been cut.

If you are to ever get one, you should ask those slaving away on it to go easy on the sauce, salad and mayo. Some of these idiotic fools ruin the fine taste of the meat by drowning it in crap.

The Angus certainly gets my recommendation, it's delicious, a burger of fine distinction. It is expensive but it's gourmet all the way, and it costs far far less than the good stuff from Kobe.

Angus 9/10

#15 Posted by Matthew (1914 posts) -

If you ever find yourself over here in Reno, NV, there's an awesome diner called 'Awful Awful.'  Nine out of ten vegetarians don't eat there.
Image uploader isn't being nice to me right now, so here is a nice write-up of it, with it the almighty burger.

http://www.renodiscontent.com/2006/07/11/the-awful-awful-goes-middle-class/

#16 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -
My favorite burger would have to be the hardees chilli burger they use to have out back in the day.  The stoped making them, cause they were causeing heart attacks.
#17 Posted by JJWeatherman (14570 posts) -

maybe not my favorite but right now ive REALLY got a hankerin for a western bacon cheese burger from Carls Jr. Making me suffer just writing about it.

#18 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

A burger king Bacon Double Cheese burger, with In and Out in a close second.

#19 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Mine's the Double Double, makes your mouth orgasm.

#20 Posted by Jensonb (1769 posts) -

I'm gonna be boring and say the Quarter Pounder with Cheese at McDonald's though I'm partial to a Burger King Bacon Double Cheeseburger

#21 Posted by destro (248 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Apparently, BlackIrish05 likes burgers.

Personally, my favorite is my own home-grilled burgers.  I don't mean to brag, but I know a thing or two about BBQ'ing, burgers, and cooking.  Mix those together with the right seasonings and the love of burgers, and you get amazingness.
"
Agreed. My pa makes some of the best burgers I've ever tasted. He makes them from scrap and adds his own spices and seasonings and they are soooo good. Better then any fast food burger.
#22 Posted by xXRAWxHEATxX (47 posts) -

I think In-N-Out Burger makes the best fast food burgers.

#23 Posted by DeadMonkeys (827 posts) -

I pity those of you not in British Columbia (Canada).
There's this place called "White Spot" that has THE BEST burgers on the surface of the planet.
If you ever come to western Canada you HAVE to try one.

#24 Posted by 04JETTA (164 posts) -

Wendy's cheeseburger or when im in socal CJ's famous star or In & Out

#25 Posted by Quadrifoglio (816 posts) -

A Whopper or a Big Tasty.

#26 Posted by Qorious (847 posts) -

The Steakhouse Burger from Burger King! I love it!

#27 Posted by darkspirit138 (479 posts) -

My favourite burger is not one I have eaten. My mum fed my brother a banana, mayonnaise and coke burger, which he ate. Best...expression...ever.

#28 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

A nice home made burger will beat any other burger any other day.

#29 Posted by Hairydutchman (1040 posts) -

McKroket

#30 Posted by steelharrison (116 posts) -

whataburger

#31 Posted by Joey_D (1 posts) -

There's a place near me called Jake's.  Their burgers are ridic.

They place has that whole 'fresh never frozen' vibe.  That, coupled with their incredible black and white milkshakes, makes this one of my favorite burgers.

#32 Posted by Undeadpool (4997 posts) -

There was a place near where I lived as a kid called "Mike's at the Yard." The "Yard" that it referred to was a stockyard (a slaughterhouse)...freshest damn burger I've ever had. Also HUGE and for a good price. They refused to serve fries, but they had good macaroni salad instead.

#33 Posted by NeoTheta (225 posts) -

A Burger King double whopper plain with ketchup. So simple, yet so amazing.

#34 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

These two local places by me called Kopps and Oscars offer some A-class burgers. But the Burger King Whopper is also up there. Can't get enough of any of them!

#35 Posted by 04JETTA (164 posts) -

right now it would be the double stack from Wendy's but that may change when I try the baconater and I like it because its cheap, small, and always makes me full

#36 Posted by ValkyrieGoddess (1922 posts) -
RichardLOlson said:
"My favorite burger would have to be the hardees chilli burger they use to have out back in the day.  The stoped making them, cause they were causeing heart attacks.
"
 That burger sounds pretty good.... Sucks they stopped making them.
#37 Posted by atlantabrave04 (127 posts) -
@Gnat said:
"nothing like a classic mcdonalds hamburger (the little ones)"

Wow, ain't that the damn truth.
#38 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Monster Thickburger from Hardee's

#39 Posted by memo (421 posts) -

There is nothing like making your our ground meat with your own seasonings but when it comes to get a quick bite i have give it to In n Out and Burger King.

#40 Posted by MikPick (333 posts) -

I always love some Papa Burger's from A&W, but that's probably just because it's located so close to me. Also you can never go wrong with a fresh, never frozzen burger from Wendy's.

#41 Posted by Izick (141 posts) -

I don't have many exotic burger places near me (I even consider like Carl jr.'s an exotic place) so from the big chains....I have to say I find myself always enjoying a good Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger from Wendys....but! Here's the trick! I always get the chipotle dipping sauce, and use that to dip my burgers in.

Delicious!!!

#42 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" A nice home made burger will beat any other burger any other day. "
This is true.  An awesome home made burger with everything you want beats every other kind of burger.
#43 Posted by satanas (45 posts) -

co sign on the home made burgers.

the other week i made a 1/4 pound semi bloody cheeseburger with bacon, a super runny egg, lettuce, sauteed onions, and a slice of tomato. best burger i've ever had.
i just wish i had a faster metabolism so i could eat more than one and not get fat.

#44 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -

The legendary Whopper.

#45 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I am an In-N-Out burger man, although I live on the East Coast. It makes me jealous of all you people on the West, with your beautiful weather, women, and greasy food.

#46 Posted by Jownac (29 posts) -

Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese. 

#47 Posted by Sinatra (213 posts) -

The Whopper from Burger King. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.