FIVE GUYS vs. CARL'S JR.'S

• 105 results
#1 Edited by kagekage (704 posts) -

WHO REIGNS SUPREME?! 
FLAME ON!  
Hmm... I can't seem to find the make a new poll button... Is it relocated? 
Can anyone tell me???

#2 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

Is there evn a Five Guys in CA? I've never had it

#3 Posted by iAmJohn (6114 posts) -

This isn't even a debate.  Five Guys reigns supreme over every other burger chain.  Why would you ask such dumb questions?

#4 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Five Guys of course. The best burger chain out there.

#5 Posted by SweetAndNasty (8 posts) -

never been to a five guys, any located in Boston?

#6 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5417 posts) -

I've never even heard of Five Guys :O 

But, I've also never been to Carl's Jr., I think.

#7 Posted by iAmJohn (6114 posts) -
@SweetAndNasty said:
" never been to a five guys, any located in Boston? "
No, unfortunately.
#8 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1184 posts) -

Five Guys must be some kind of restaurant. I thought this thread was going to be about five guys who had some grudge against Carl Jr's.

#9 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11594 posts) -

How is this an argument? 5 Guys has Cajun fries. /thread.

#10 Edited by BigBoss1911 (2430 posts) -

five guys hamburgers are instant heart attacks, not to mention the fries that are bathed in peanut oil and tossed in a paper bag.

#11 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

i wish england had a bigger range of food places to eat 

subway - kfc - pizza hut - wimpys - mcdonalds - burger king = england 

Oh - and about 5000 chip shops and takeaways per square mile

#12 Posted by nick69 (625 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:
" This isn't even a debate.  Five Guys reigns supreme over every other burger chain.  Why would you ask such dumb questions? "
I dunno, in'n'out's are pretty damn good.
#13 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I've never heard of Five Guys either.

#14 Posted by masterherocard (419 posts) -
#15 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Apparently there is a Five Guys about 20 miles away in Cerritos. Maybe I'll check it out on a whim this weekend.

Carl's Jr. is good when compared to the big chain fast food places, but right when you start including In-N-Out in the mix, it's already outclassed.

#16 Posted by pause422 (6178 posts) -

Only heard of Carl's Jr from the bombcast, and never heard of Five Guys in my life.

#17 Posted by Milkman (16619 posts) -

Never had either. There are no Carl Jr's on the east coast and I'm not sure if there are any Five Guys around here because the store locator on their web site is trash.

#18 Posted by DystopiaX (5297 posts) -

five guys. Their burgers are good, their fries are even better.

#19 Posted by DeathByWaffle (631 posts) -

Five Guys.

End of discussion.

#20 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" Never had either. There are no Carl Jr's on the east coast and I'm not sure if there are any Five Guys around here because the store locator on their web site is trash. "
I've lived on both coasts, driven across the US and have never even heard of Five Guys until now. There's supposedly like 500 of them ..wtf
#21 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

In & Out.

#22 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

I like 5 guys but never went to Carl Jr's

What? I'm Canadian!

#23 Posted by erinfizz (1048 posts) -

I honestly didn't like Five Guys. The fries were great, but tasteless canned mushrooms on my burger kind of ruined it. Never had Carl Jrs.

#24 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

This should be a poll, and easily Five Guys

#25 Posted by OroJackson (680 posts) -

Dude, Five Guys.

Period.

#26 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

Five Guys... the original one is right down the street from my apartment

#27 Posted by HatKing (5876 posts) -

I've only been to Carl's Jr and can speak from experience that Five Guys wins.  Serisously unless in Five Guys they stand on the table while you eat and piss into your mouth... then it is better than Carl's Jr.
#28 Posted by iAmJohn (6114 posts) -
@erinfizz said:
" I honestly didn't like Five Guys. The fries were great, but tasteless canned mushrooms on my burger kind of ruined it. Never had Carl Jrs. "
Your fault for getting mushrooms on your burger. :|
#29 Posted by icyroy05 (166 posts) -

I love having Five Guys in my mouth.

Carl's Jr.'s, or Hardee's depending on where you live, is pretty good too.

#30 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

Apparently there is a Five Guys fairly close by in ghetto-ass Carson.  It might even be in Compton according to the map.  Yeah, I'll stick with the Carl's Jr....

#31 Posted by kosherpork (14 posts) -

Geez, now I need to try the Five Guys in NYC

#32 Posted by iAmJohn (6114 posts) -
@kosherpork said:
" Geez, now I need to try the Five Guys in NYC "
There are three!
#33 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

Five guys.
this should be a poll.

#34 Posted by agentboolen (1760 posts) -

Five Guys seems a bit over rated in my book.  For Carls Jr's I never even seen one of these in NY.

#35 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -
@BigBoss1911 said:
" five guys hamburgers are instant heart attacks, not to mention the fries that are bathed in peanut oil and tossed in a paper bag. "
so...this is a point arguing in favor of five guys, correct?
#36 Posted by icyroy05 (166 posts) -
@agentboolen said:
" Five Guys seems a bit over rated in my book.  For Carls Jr's I never even seen one of these in NY. "
You guys probably have Hardee's though. Carl Jr's and Hardee's are the same exact restaurant, just a different name.
#37 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1232 posts) -

Was in Washington a couple of years ago, and stumbled upon this burger joint in a food court that me and my then girlfriend found had quite the hilarious name. Five Guys. We thought it was just this place and that there was five guys working there, pretty much. They had awesome burgers though. Very greasy. Awesome fries. And we got like 13985195812 tons of fries, like a full brown paper bag. I ate til I almost died. Good times.

#38 Posted by teh_destroyer (3565 posts) -

5 Guys, best burgers around. Not to mention you get like 2 pounds of the best french fries out there.

#39 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Five Guys for sure, too bad I don't live near one :(.

#40 Posted by Matthew (1911 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" Never had either. There are no Carl Jr's on the east coast and I'm not sure if there are any Five Guys around here because the store locator on their web site is trash. "
Carls Jr. goes by the name Hardy's back east.  And yea, their locator didn't work for me either...
#41 Posted by myketuna (1672 posts) -

I like Carl's Jr. better. Then again the only Five Guys location close to me may not be the best example of the chain. I've been there twice and the fries and burger are shiny from grease. I love grease, but man. The taste of said grease on the burgers wasn't very good at all. But a burger is a burger so it was still ok. But again... Carl's Jr.

#42 Posted by gla55jAw (2687 posts) -

Never had/heard of Carl's Jr. But a 5 guys opened up by me this year, I've had it twice and it's pretty damn good. The regular burger has 2 patties!

#43 Posted by captain_clayman (3320 posts) -

i've never been to a 5 guys 

is there any in the sacramento region? 
(probably not :<)

#44 Posted by ocdog45 (675 posts) -

i'm a five guys guy. my boy from cali keeps saying carls jr is crack. but i've never tried it. ima fly out there and pass the results on. but for now FIVE GUYS!

#45 Posted by mikeeegeee (1553 posts) -

Holy fuck Five Guys is good. They're building one in downtown Lincoln! Now I don't have to drive up to Omaha to get my fix. If only they had chocolate milkshakes...

#46 Posted by kagekage (704 posts) -

Can anyone direct me to the make a new poll button? 
I can't seem to find it. Has it been relocated?

#47 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -
@Alex_Murphy said:
"I thought this thread was going to be about five guys who had some grudge against Carl Jr's. "
I know; disappointing, right? :(
#48 Posted by agentboolen (1760 posts) -
@icyroy05 said:
" @agentboolen said:
" Five Guys seems a bit over rated in my book.  For Carls Jr's I never even seen one of these in NY. "
You guys probably have Hardee's though. Carl Jr's and Hardee's are the same exact restaurant, just a different name. "
I have never had Hardee's either, its actually the 1st time I have ever heard of it!  According to there site we have one but its about 35 miles away, so I wont be trying it anytime soon.
#49 Posted by Butano (1731 posts) -

Never heard of Five Guys, but Carl's Jr. is great! Six Dollar Western Bacon Cheeseburger FTW! 
Of course, being from Cali, In-N-Out trumps everything else.

#50 Posted by DrWhat (280 posts) -

I've spent a lot of time on both coasts, and In-N-Out so ridiculously outclasses Five Guys that it's not even worth a debate. Pretty sure Carl's also beats them. Five Guys is just the best thing that the east coast can scrounge up, and it really is not anything special. Homemade is the way to go out here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.