Ladies and Gents,
in response to Meptron's awesome, awesome post, I have decided to propose a competition for Giant Bomb's "Burger"of the year 2010.
- From henceforth, "Burger" may be taken to mean any audacious meal you cook or otherwise prepare by hand for the sheer joy of pigging out on it afterwards. It could be an outrageous Pizza, Hoagie/Hero/Roll, Sandwich, Nacho-based concoction, Noodlefest, whatever.
- These entries must show imagination and effort. A giant bag of Lays or a huge bowl of M&Ms is not a valid entry. ...let's say, there must be at least five ingredients.
- A proper, tasty burger or snack must be bad for you. These burgers must be reasonably considered to be extremely unhealthy.
- These burgers must be original works, you may of course, include any ingredients you like.
- You must cook it yourself or at least be present when the burger is being cooked, prepared or eaten.
- Take a photo and post it in this thread. Any further medical proof (certs, photos or written submissions from your doctor) of any post-burger trauma will lend weight to your entry's consideration for Burger of the Year.
- Winner will be decided by the Giant Bomb user base, using a poll or shouts in a forum, whichever is most appropriate.
This competition is all about the sheer joy of occasional gluttony, and the glassy eyed, dopamine-slowed buzz afterwards. Meptron has set the bar pretty high, which is an excellent way to start this competition. Size often matters, but judicious creativity will go a long way to impressing the Giant Bomb audience. If you happen to have any photos of ridiculous food you have prepared yourself lying around, post 'em up here and let's try and get the ball rolling.