Hamburger Review: Burger King A1 Steakhouse XT Burger

Posted by TurboMan (7343 posts) -

With only half the "uhm"s as there were last week! 

#1 Posted by TurboMan (7343 posts) -

With only half the "uhm"s as there were last week! 

#2 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

I don't know what intrigues me so much about these Burger Reviews, but man, they're interesting.

I think I've had that A1 burger a couple years back, or at least some version of it. Didn't care for it. It tasted like a mediocre steak sandwich, which made me think "I should just go and get a steak sandwich, but for reals."

Keep at it! What are you thinking of for your next review subject?

#3 Posted by TurboMan (7343 posts) -

I don't exactly have an idea for what comes next at the moment... maybe I'll drive around this weekend and see if something ridiculous is being sold. Any ideas?

#4 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -

Them Crooked Vultures = UGH.

#5 Posted by TurboMan (7343 posts) -

Eh, I needed to add a song that was 5 minutes long... Them Crooked Vultures have plenty of those

#6 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

As for new ideas for a future burger taste test, if you have a Hardees/Carl's Jr. near by, supposedly they're trying out a new Teriyaki Burger (with grilled Pineapple!) that looks/sounds pretty delish.

#7 Posted by JJGIANT (755 posts) -

Nice review. Looks disgusting too me XD

#8 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Noice. As much as I'm a purveyor of eating healthily and well, I can't help but love burgers. The Steakhouse did look good...so much so I just went out and got a sandwich to eat along with the video.

#9 Posted by roofy (1005 posts) -

fuck the editorials, this is why giantbomb is the best

#10 Posted by TurboMan (7343 posts) -
@GetEveryone:  
Interesting that you ate along with me, a new way of experiencing the Hamburger Review!
#11 Posted by DystopiaX (5291 posts) -

I don't even like A1, so anything that has it in it is a fail.

#12 Edited by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

I'm not watching any videos or reading any review for this.  FUCK A1!!!  They took away my A1 Thick & Hearty Burger from Whataburger because of their stupid fucking deal with an inferior burger chain like Burger King. 

Fuck A1, and fuck Burger King!

#13 Posted by TurboMan (7343 posts) -
@jakob187:  
can't they just make the thick & Hearty burger and have A1 sauce on the table(or at your house)?
#14 Edited by jakob187 (21640 posts) -
@TurboMan: Nope.  Burger King signed some kind of exclusive deal with them, which meant that last year was the final time anyone could get an A1 Thick & Hearty Burger from Whataburger.  How big of a deal was this?  Well...here...just look at this: 

http://www.a1supportgroup.com/ 

Yes, there was actually a support group hotline to call for those having trouble coping with the loss.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.