Hamburger Review: Sonic's Double Cheeseburger.

Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -
  • Don't go to sonic
  • Food's not bad, staff is terrible
  • What's not terrible is the contribution of the main image, made by Mr.  buzz_clik

#1 Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -
  • Don't go to sonic
  • Food's not bad, staff is terrible
  • What's not terrible is the contribution of the main image, made by Mr.  buzz_clik

#2 Posted by Gabriel (4067 posts) -

I can get down with a Sonic hamburger, the toasted buns are a nice touch.

#3 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

You seem nervous....

#4 Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -

The intro looks off for some reason... hmm... 

@TheMustacheHero: I was so enraged maybe? Maybe I just talk with a bit of self-doubt.

#5 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Good choice of music! Can't wait until the new LCD Soundsystem album hits in a couple weeks. 

As for Sonic, I never liked their food. I've had multiple things there- chicken sandwiches, burgers, tots, etc. Everything was sub-par. I can even find good stuff about McDonald's $1 cheeseburgers, but Sonic is pretty flippin' terrible. Sorry you had to go through with that.

#6 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Ew, Sonic. Went there once and never going back...

#7 Posted by JJWeatherman (14559 posts) -

Yes. I love these videos. Keep em' comin'.   : )

#8 Posted by roscoe (145 posts) -

the only good thing about sonic is the cherry limeade...

#9 Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -
@roscoe: Sonic does actually have some pretty awesome slushies and crap, making it a kind of cool place for friends to go at 12 AM on a summer night, though the staff I've always encountered acted like dicks to us. It's like they don't want any business.. oh well.
#10 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5276 posts) -

So if Sonic sucks, why does everyone freak out about it? I've never had it yet, but after watching this it seems like something I can just pass on and avoid the trouble.

#11 Posted by MisterMouse (3560 posts) -

I have never really had a problem with the staff, so it is difficult to make the generalization that the staff is bad across all of the sonic restaurants.

#12 Posted by damnboyadvance (4061 posts) -

Last time I went to Sonic, the food was good and the staff was nice. I've never had a problem with Sonic.

#13 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Never had a problem with Sonic.  They're burgers are kinda meh, but they have some good popcorn chicken, chili dogs, and awesome desserts.

#14 Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85: well, I actually ended up enjoying their burger a little bit at the end, so maybe it is worth it at other sonics which has a staff that cares, just like @pyromaster222: @damnboyadvance: @xobballox: 's local sonic seems to be an Ok place 

yes, it is wrong of me to make a hastey induction that all Sonic's staff is bad, but there does seem to be some kind of general consensus amongst most people I've talked to that is Sonic is usually mediocre about quality in all aspects. 

I leave you all with this Mega 64 video: 
#15 Posted by xyzygy (10030 posts) -

I don't even think we have Sonic in Canada...

#16 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5276 posts) -
@TurboMan: Lol let's listen to some Weezer albums!

Anyway there is a Sonic close to me, so maybe someday I'll make the journey for mediocre food. But then again, what do you expect from a fast food joint?
#17 Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85: generally, I don't expect much besides decent food that I don't have to cook. There are some rare items that are worth it though(I'm looking at you, Double Decker)
#18 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" I don't even think we have Sonic in Canada... "
You are not missing out on anything dude, trust me.  

@TurboMan:
 Love that video. Oh Mega64, you and your durgers provide infinite entertainment.
#19 Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
It's just a place that allows you to drive in your car into multiple spots in the parking lot, and they'll bring food out to you and let you eat in your car. The place is always empty, and usually very sketch.
#20 Edited by xyzygy (10030 posts) -
@TurboMan said:

" @xyzygy said:

It's just a place that allows you to drive in your car into multiple spots in the parking lot, and they'll bring food out to you and let you eat in your car. The place is always empty, and usually very sketch. "
Oh that's a cool idea. A&W used to do that but they stopped in the 90's I think. They're actually bringing that back up here in Canada with a few stores now. A&W is one of the greatest fast food places of all time *heart melts*
#21 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

Dood, the three Sonics that we have here wreck shop!!!  Great service, great folks, and damn good food!  Never super oily and shit.  Sorry you had a bad experience!

#22 Posted by Death_Burnout (3797 posts) -

Haha i hate to say it, but im kinda glad you got the wrong burger, because it made it damn funny, in the most affectionate way.

It reminds me when i asked for a bacon double at BK...and got a whopper instead....How do you make that mistake!? holy shit.

#23 Posted by BeastIncarnate (29 posts) -

Sonic is so-so. I prefer their burgers to McDonalds, but that's a step above poop, really. I guess I'll take 'em over Burger King, too, since I don't need to crap within 30 minutes of eating there. But really. It's just okay and I don't like the pressure of tipping the person who brings me the food. I'll gladly hop out of the car.  

#24 Posted by BeastIncarnate (29 posts) -

Also, for what it's worth, that sandwich is the SuperSonic Cheeseburger.  The problem is that the promo burger is the "Ched R Pepper SuperSonic Cheeseburger."  So, depending on what you actually said when you ordered, the confusion is totally understandable.

#25 Posted by copycatzen (816 posts) -

I have never eaten at Sonic, and now i dont think I will ever go there.
#26 Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -
@Beast: oh really? Heh. I'm fairly sure it just said SuperSonic burger on the promo image, which wasn't the burger I was going for(but it was the actual burger in the image)... I'm sure I'll end up going back sometime to right this wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.