Healthiest burger?

#1 Edited by Jonathan (654 posts) -

Burgers are known for being as fattening as they are tasty. What's the healthiest fast good , restaurant, or frozen burger out there?

I would say soy burger, but unfortunately it tastes like crap on buns.

#2 Posted by darthincredible25 (76 posts) -

I don't want a healthy burger good sir, or else it's not a burger!

#3 Posted by blu_magnet (258 posts) -

i have never heard of such a thing!

#4 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

A veggie burger.

#5 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

If your burger is healthy, you're doing it wrong.

#6 Posted by bread_or_decide (136 posts) -

Turkey Burger
Bison Burger
Ostrich Burger

All good healthy alternatives. No need to have a heart attack at the age of 35 and personally I like to stay lookin good for my wife.

#7 Posted by Jandurin (186 posts) -

They aren't as good.  I've had a Buffalo Burger.  Different experience.

#8 Posted by bread_or_decide (136 posts) -

Buffalo is alot dryer thats true but its very low in fat and its the closest you can get to...JANDURIN! Holy shit dude. I just noticed that was you hahaha. Wassup!!!

#9 Posted by Jandurin (186 posts) -

LOL

Why do you think I was ragging on your name.  roffles.

OMFG  Dude, you cursed. 

Cheese it, the mods are gonna get you.  Shit.

#10 Posted by bread_or_decide (136 posts) -

Yeah...wait a minute this isn't gamespot lol. You can cuss but keep it sensible. They assume we know what sensible means. I sure hope I do. hahaha.

#11 Posted by Jandurin (186 posts) -

Well, after some of the topics I saw on this forums the first day >_>.

Cursing sensibly just means not doing it every second.

The main bonus, I'd say, to being "allowed" to curse, is that you can post better pictures.  It irritated me how you had to modify images just to post them.

Anyway, on topic:

Healthy burgers ftl!

#12 Edited by Yagami (580 posts) -

Going by how the standard American family looks like, i'd say if hamburgers were healthy i'd expect to see a land raise by at least 10%.
Some Americans are just fat on legs, and you know it is true.

Anyway to stay on topic i'd say that the healthiest burger would have to be the non-existant one.

#13 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

Some sort of veggie burger or soy burger.

#14 Posted by Shocker (2339 posts) -

Healthy burgers should not exist.

#15 Posted by Hell_D3mon (47 posts) -

Really, I am getting fed up with this 2000's health craze... It is quite disgusting :|  I eat everything I want and never get fat.  NO its not because I am just lucky, nor is it because I have a fast metabolism.  It's because I am semi-active and... well, i'm no longer gonna rant about how pathetic diets and so on have gotten over the years... Sowwy :(

#16 Edited by Met2609 (555 posts) -
Termite said:
"Some sort of veggie burger or soy burger.

"

In other words, a weak burger.

Shocker said:
"Healthy burgers should not exist.
"

Agreed.

#17 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

A veggie burger I guess.

#18 Posted by vunna (237 posts) -
No burger is healthy.

That's the point of the burger.  Pointing to the lettuce and convincing yourself that its healthy is as close as you can get.
#19 Posted by AEKtzis (106 posts) -

I actually think a hamburger is quite healthy if you grill it yourself and put fresh tomato and lettuce on it.

Beef - Meat
Bun - Wheat/Bread
Lettuce and Tomato - Vegetables
Cheese - Diary

Sounds like a well rounded meal to me!!! Now try to convince yourself not to eat 5 of them...thats the hard part.

#20 Posted by Fat_Irish7890 (23 posts) -

soy/veggie burgers are a disgrace to the burger name

#21 Posted by Ronnzi (16 posts) -

A burger is only as unhealthy as you cook it.  I would assume a grilled burger isn't that bad for you.  If you use a healthier type of bun (like wheat maybe?) I'm sure it can be even better.  Also, avoid using mayo and fatty types of sauces.

As long as you don't eat too many, hamburgers made from quality beef should be pretty good for you as far as I can tell.

#22 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -
License_To_Bill said:
"If your burger is healthy, you're doing it wrong.
"
Ur doin it rong!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.