Honey on burger?

#1 Posted by adoggz (2067 posts) -
#2 Posted by adoggz (2067 posts) -

So i just tried honey on a burger and it was double awesome. So has anyone else tried that or willing to? do you rike eet?

#3 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Never tried it, but I'd be willing. Almost sounds like putting jellyfish jelly on a Krabby Patty...

#4 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I chose C because it is oh so true.

#5 Posted by homewrecker (193 posts) -

maybe I should give this a shot; I like putting salsa on burgers occasionally

#6 Posted by IBurningStar (2173 posts) -

I like honey mustard on everything, so I am willing to try just plain honey.

#7 Posted by face15 (1300 posts) -

That's gross. Just sayin'.

#8 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

What the hell, first i go to america for the second time and you've suddenly started eating sausages with pancakes and puting maple syrup on the sausage. 

now honey in burgers?!  

what next? candy floss in lasagne? 

#9 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -
@CptChiken: Candy... floss? What is this and why I haven't I heard about it?
#10 Edited by Keenblaze (471 posts) -

Whatever floats your boat, man... 

It actually doesn't sound too bad if you think about it. Maple syrup and sausage is pretty great. It's basically that but with honey and bread, right?

#11 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -
@Fullmetal216:  Candy Floss is Cotton Candy.
#12 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -
@LiquidS: Ah, ok that makes some sense. Thanks for the tip!
#13 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
@Fullmetal216 said:
" @CptChiken: Candy... floss? What is this and why I haven't I heard about it? "
sorry to put it in american english it'd be cotton candy... 

actually candy floss would be ridiculous because it would cause the exact thing flossing is trying to prevent.
#14 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

I'd be willing to try it, but YOU CRAZY!

#15 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -

Would try it on a chicken or turkey burger, but not beef. Other than a bit of sweetness found in some condiments there's no way I'm slapping something sweeter than sugar on my beef patty.
#16 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

The only things I allow on my burgers are bacon, cheese, pickles, or ketchup.

#17 Posted by JTMosh (258 posts) -

You know what's amazing on a burger? A fried egg. Oh man, SO good. Never had honey, though.

#18 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

I have tried it in a little burger shop in Sweden called "Viggo's". It's not exactly strange, it's fairly basic taste combinations of sweet and savory. For example you can put honey or something else sweet on a blue cheese. It of course gets weird if you go over board with the honey and you end up with a sweet burger, but just adding a little bit to increase the other flavors it's great.

#19 Posted by gamb1t (965 posts) -

Honey is wayyyyyyy to sweet for a burger. Authentic BBQ is sweet sometimes but i couldnt imagine honey. Maybe after a jbird but then again after a jbird anything is good.

#20 Posted by mrfizzy (1529 posts) -

i dnt find the idea offensive but iv never even thought about it tbh. 

#21 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

I put a little peanut butter on one once. It was pretty tasty actually. Sort of like a ghetto ass peanut satay.

Honey could be interesting. I don't think you would have to put too much on though.

#22 Posted by SSully (4186 posts) -

I have yet to find something that honey taste bad with, so i believe you. And i will try it next time i get the chance.

#23 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I might use it cooking the meat. But just putting it directly on the burger as a condiment, no way.

#24 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

Not sure I want to take the risk of ruining a burger with something that sweet.

#25 Posted by obiwan (96 posts) -

Nope, sweetness doesn't click with greasiness. 

#26 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

If I think about it next time the opportunity arises, (not a lot of grilling going on this time of year) and the honey is available, I'd love to try it. 

Neither of those are very likely though.

#27 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I'm not sure how to even react to this idea.

#28 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1594 posts) -

I just made burgers but we don't have any honey in the house so I didn't get to try it
#29 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Honey can go perfectly well with hearty dishes/products (goat's cheese, bacon, etc.). I never tried it on a burger.
#30 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I'm not that adventurous.

#31 Posted by DoctorTran (1562 posts) -

When I can I like to put honey in my beef when I make hamburgers. Ada a bit of pleasent sweetness.

#32 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -

It's alright for a chicken burger, otherwise I personally would not use honey as a burger condiment.

#33 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

I have had Honey Soy in a burger before, it was delicious :)

#34 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

Why?

#35 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Voted B. you crazy. But now that I think about it. Maybe?

#36 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

I'll check it out soon. It sounds crazy, but whatever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.