I'm done with McDonalds

• 0 results
#1 Posted by elektrixx (309 posts) -

I haven't eaten McDonalds in over three years - with the exception of the breakfast menu.

That changes today. In the last two weeks I've had nine sausage & egg McMuffins and I'm now at a point where I just hate the smell!

KFC and Hungry Jack's are lifesavers! (You united punks of America call it Burger King). I'll never get over a Whopper with cheese.

#2 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5260 posts) -

Holy crap dude....nine sausage and egg mcmuffins? That's more than I eat in a year. I seem to always feel sick after eating that food, so I tend to avoid it. 

A whopper with cheese is pretty damn good though. 

Double whopper is delightful. 

Triples are fucking disgusting. 

#3 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -

Plastic food ftw

#4 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

The only thing I even get from McDonald's anymore is maybe a quarter pounder.  Those things are still pretty delicious.  Other than that, most of their food doesn't do it for me at this point.  I also feel like a weird social stigma has developed about getting food there, like all the people of the world have united in telling me that my ten-piece nuggets and Big Mac will make me fat.  All the while, they scarf down their Burger King order.

#5 Posted by HarderBetterFasterStronger (23 posts) -

...McDonald's and Burger King are the SAME FUCKING THING! ...!?!?! .....WHAT!?

#6 Posted by Icil (727 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85 said:
" Holy crap dude....nine sausage and egg mcmuffins? That's more than I eat in a year. I seem to always feel sick after eating that food, so I tend to avoid it.  A whopper with cheese is pretty damn good though.  Double whopper is delightful.  Triples are fucking disgusting.  "
Used to have a roommate that would order a penta (5) every time we went to Burger King. After 2 patties, I know that they didn't give a shit about how good it looks.
#7 Posted by jlev880 (204 posts) -

Usually I will go a little over a month without eating McDonald's, then I will get a sudden urge to have some, so I do and it is afterwards when I feel like total shit and remember why I don't eat it.
#8 Posted by TooWalrus (13218 posts) -

Dude, I eat a McGriddle like once a week, if I'm awake early enough. I'll kill myself slowly and die happy.

#9 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Maybe you shouldn't eat so much of the same thing. It can happen with any food out there. Even I can get sick of lobsters if I keep eatting it non stop in a day.

#10 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

I always feel depressed after eating a fast food breakfast. The normal menu is fine but I stay away from the Mcgriddles if I don't want to be an asshole at work.
#11 Posted by anarchcorp (83 posts) -

I don't really Mcdonald's. Tastes like cardboard to me. 

Burger King and most of all  the other chains are...decent enough.

#12 Posted by s10129107 (1183 posts) -

Pizza > Fast food 

#13 Posted by Korwin (2870 posts) -

I lost the ability to successfully digest McDonald's some time ago.  Hungry Jacks burgers all taste the same (a big wad ketchup and Mayo).  Why can't we get a decent 3rd option up in this country?

My local KFC always has a grand total of one person on counter service at any point during the day... doesn't fast food imply that you don't wait 30 minutes to order?

#14 Edited by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

You should try men.

But seriously. You guys call Burger King "Hungry Jack's?" That's way better! It sounds so much more appetizing. And hell yeah burger king is the best place on the planet. Good thing I'm a skinny dude, I can just eat all the whoppers I want, and damn, they're tasty.

#15 Posted by Fbomb (1168 posts) -

And here I thought this was going to be a post where someone decided to start eating healthy, instead it's just a fast food transfer.

#16 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

By the time I smoke my morning cigarette an egg is boiled, I then eat a banana. Body feels good, lungs, well, that's another story. Don't get me started on my liver. Salad and beer, let's go.

#17 Posted by icyroy05 (166 posts) -

Wendy's is the real fast food for kings.

#18 Posted by BC_ (169 posts) -

Does anyone actually eat fast food because they think it tastes good? I only go when I'm feeling lazy or if I'm in a hurry.

#19 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@BC_ said:
" Does anyone actually eat fast food because they think it tastes good? I only go when I'm feeling lazy or if I'm in a hurry. "
Tastes good? My god, it's like candy.
#20 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
" You should try men. "
They sound delicious.
#21 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

I only get McChickens from McDonald's.  

#22 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

McDonalds is always enjoyable. I wouldn't put it on par with say Burger King, but enjoyable nonetheless.

#23 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4536 posts) -

I've been done with McD's. I'm not a health nut at all, but every time I eat there I hate myself a bit more.

#24 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Why don't you eat real food?

#25 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1789 posts) -

I could eat nine of those every single day. Those things are delicious. I only eat those and Mcgangbangs. Those are amazing!

#26 Posted by Famov (768 posts) -

I consider fast food a treat. Once in a while I indulge, but otherwise I know better. 

I'm amazed at how often the people I talk to complain about being poor when they buy food out constantly. Hello? Brown bag your lunches! Cook for dinner!  

Forget the whole health and weight issue, do you know how expensive fast food really is? You'll get way more pounds of food per dollar if you shop smart at a supermarket. Even if you're too insecure to buy generic brands, you can still save money.
#27 Posted by Kowbrainz (923 posts) -

I find Mcdonalds cheeseburgers and nuggets okay; fries are usually good too.

Used to like their big macs but I can't take them anymore... give me the runs and just make me feel sick in general. :/

#28 Posted by elektrixx (309 posts) -
@icyroy05 said:

" Wendy's is the real fast food for kings. "

Over here Wendy's is an unrelated ice-cream parlor franchise...

I could go a sherbert cone right now.
#29 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@s10129107 said:
" Pizza > Fast food  "
Fast Food Pizza > Pizza > Fast Food
#30 Posted by Cramsy (1171 posts) -

Burger King? Oh, you mean Hungry Jacks

#31 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

I don't like fast food at all.  Haven't eaten it for a few years at least.  McDonalds are not good peoples.

#32 Posted by RVonE (4642 posts) -

I only eat fast food once every three months or something like that.
#33 Posted by Burninator12 (42 posts) -

Maybe its just in Canada, but me along with many of my friends can't stand Burger King. There is always way too much mayo, and ketchup. I like McDonalds, because they don't fuck around with condiments. They always have the right amount of everything, and the formula never changes.

#34 Posted by guiseppe (2841 posts) -

I haven't eaten at McDonald's in about 6-7 years. With the exception of twice last summer, during the drive to and from a festival. I just don't like their food, and I can't believe how they can call the Big Mac "big", it's gone in 2-3 bites.

#35 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
@TooWalrus: What the hell is a McGriddle?

I gave up that shit a while ago but I prefer Hungry Jacks to Maccas myself.
#36 Posted by lewigi2012 (49 posts) -

It's been a long time since I've visited McDoanlds here in the UK since I got food poisoning from them >.> When I visited the States in 2008 (Georgia), the only thing I got from them was Ice Tea which was very yummy ^^ But my favourite restaurant of all is Chic-fil-a... that place is godlike!

#37 Posted by lilman1101 (1066 posts) -
@apoptosis61 said:
" Plastic food ftw "
No, they fixed it, now it's pig fat.
#38 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I was on a road trip down to Orlando so I had fast good a bunch of times on the way, in Orlando, and on the way back. Otherwise I don't eat much fast good. I haven't had McDonalds in like a year. I don't eat burgers much, so I'll just get some kind of chicken.

#39 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

" Dude, I eat a McGriddle like once a week, if I'm awake early enough. I'll kill myself slowly and die happy. "
It's sounds gross on paper, a pancake biscuit hybrid? But man oh man I fucking LOVE those things.  Sausage egg and cheese McGriddle ftw. 
#40 Posted by thehuntsmen5434 (434 posts) -

Thats hilarious you haven't had McDonalds excluding the breakfast menu.  Makes sense.  

In that case I haven't eaten McDonalds in 3 years either if you exclude a Number 3.

#41 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -
@lilman1101 said:
" @apoptosis61 said:
" Plastic food ftw "
No, they fixed it, now it's pig fat. "
they improved? wow^^
#42 Posted by lilman1101 (1066 posts) -
@apoptosis61 said:
" @lilman1101 said:
" @apoptosis61 said:
" Plastic food ftw "
they improved? wow^^ "
I'd say it's about the same.
#43 Posted by rdav1109 (120 posts) -
@elektrixxx said:
" I haven't eaten McDonalds in over three years - with the exception of the breakfast menu.  That changes today. In the last two weeks I've had nine sausage & egg McMuffins and I'm now at a point where I just hate the smell!  KFC and Hungry Jack's are lifesavers! (You united punks of America call it Burger King). I'll never get over a Whopper with cheese. "
1.) That is absolutely disgusting, how can you eat that much fast food in two weeks. Ew. 
2.) So you hate the smell of a fast food place because of eating it so much, so instead of making some nice home cooked meals, you substitute in new places?  
3.) United States of America. We're American. Thanks. :)
#44 Posted by TooWalrus (13218 posts) -
@ninjakiller said:
"  @TooWalrus said:
" Dude, I eat a McGriddle like once a week, if I'm awake early enough. I'll kill myself slowly and die happy. "
It's sounds gross on paper, a pancake biscuit hybrid? But man oh man I fucking LOVE those things.  Sausage egg and cheese McGriddle ftw.  "
Dude yes
#45 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -
@lilman1101 said:
" @apoptosis61 said:
" @lilman1101 said:
" @apoptosis61 said:
" Plastic food ftw "
they improved? wow^^ "
I'd say it's about the same. "
^^
#46 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -

I steer clear from Maccy D and stuff now as the only time I can get it is during work lunch breaks. It's the last thing I'd want to eat on a lunch break though as it just tires you out and leaves you hungry. Fruit and salad all the way.

#47 Posted by Ninja (536 posts) -

BK all the way son!

#48 Posted by ajamafalous (12007 posts) -

I haven't eaten at McDonalds in years. Shit sucks.

Also, HUNGRY JACK'S WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT. IS THERE STILL THE KING MASCOT?

@BC_ said:

" Does anyone actually eat fast food because they think it tastes good? I only go when I'm feeling lazy or if I'm in a hurry. "
Absolutely.
#49 Posted by lilman1101 (1066 posts) -
@Ninja said:
" BK all the way son! "
It's called Hungry Jacks here AND I AGREE!
#50 Edited by Faint (833 posts) -

so i heard that kfc, maccas, hungry jacks (as we call it in aus, burger king to you lads) are all terrible and no one in any area of the globe should eat that crap.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.