I'm in your city. Where is the best burger?

• 150 results
#1 Posted by Matthew (1912 posts) -

If you happen to find yourself in Reno, NV, make sure you check out The Wolf Den literally across the street from the University of Nevada, Reno. Also, just north a few blocks is a little bar called Archie's that also has a kick ass burger, and a nifty 50s era diner where you can grab an amazing shake or malt. 

Where are your best burger locales?

#2 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

If you find yourself in Redlands, CA, there's a place of Redlands Blvd. that makes a mean chili burger. Freakin messy as hell. Other than that, I always go to Carls Jr for the Big Carl.

#3 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -

5 guys.

#4 Posted by Dawglet (312 posts) -

My Mother's house.

#5 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

In Scotland, I'd say Frankie and Benny's.

#6 Posted by iSylence (345 posts) -

Here in Palmerston North, New Zealand probably Burgerfuel.

#7 Posted by oliver (124 posts) -

sorry yh 
Frankie and Benny's.  in the uk leeds huge ass buger

#8 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

If you're in Seattle, Dick's Drive-In is pretty fantastic. 

But if you happen to be in Mt. Vernon, Washington, The Net Drive In has the best burgers known to man.

#9 Posted by CandleJakk (766 posts) -
@oliver: Where in Leeds is that? Mah Moods is pretty great for fast food burgers, though. 

Newbury, Berks, UK, a little join called Rio's. Down a tiny alleyway, but open until about midnight, and a huge selection.
#10 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Swedish city called Gävle, best burgers are for sale at Max hamburger restaurants 

They're the best by far

#11 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -
@Dawglet said:
" My Mother's house. "
#12 Posted by Fruitcocoa (483 posts) -

Here in Sweden, go to any Sibylla and you'll get the most perfectly smeariest and fatast burgers you'll ever eat. And that in a very, very good way. 

#13 Edited by oliver (124 posts) -
@CandleJakk:  kirkstall road near the vue cinema they cost alot but they relly nice mah moods nea uni? they good
#14 Posted by Pezen (1594 posts) -
@PrivateIronTFU
If you're in Seattle, Dick's Drive-In is pretty fantastic.
Is that the place on cap hill with the awesome fries? Was ages ago I was in Seattle but I remember those fries and as I recall on the same street was a place called Charlie's (or something like that) that had pretty tasty burgers.
#15 Edited by CandleJakk (766 posts) -
@oliver: Wish I'd known that last year when I lived right by Vue Kirkstall. If it's worth a three mile cross-city walk, I may consider it though. Yeah, The MahMoods near the uni is great. Taste better than Burger KIng/Mc Donalds and cheaper too.
#16 Edited by Fruitcocoa (483 posts) -
@oliver said:

" @CandleJakk:  kirkstall road near the vue cinema they cost alot but they relly nice "

Burger rule no 1. There is no prize too high for a great burger

#17 Posted by OldGuy (1552 posts) -

1 - Oh, hey, look... it's THIS thread again.

2 - C'mon over for the 1/2lb burger (Homemade bun, "secret" sauce, cheese optional, pickle on the side, fresh cut thick fries [think chips UK folks]) at my house.

#18 Posted by oliver (124 posts) -
@CarlSmith: ahaha ture
#19 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

Five Guys Burgers and Fries, no question.

I can't think of a single good non-chain burger joint in my area. But Five Guys has some of the best burgers I've ever had.

#20 Posted by DrHawking (214 posts) -

It is a crime to visit Atlanta without eating at  The Vortex in Midtown.

#21 Edited by YoctoYotta (541 posts) -
@PrivateIronTFU said:

" If you're in Seattle, Dick's Drive-In is pretty fantastic. "

I'm really excited for the Dick's coming to Edmonds just a couple miles from my house. They're ultimately pretty cheap shit though. It's all about their fries and shakes. I actually used to operate the machine that pressed all of their burger patties at MacDonald Meat Company down in SODO. 

My favorite burgers in Seattle are at Lunchbox Laboratory in Ballard on 15th Ave. So good, it's my avatar. Red Mill Burgers' Blue Cheese Bacon is pretty great too, slightly cheaper than LL, and their onion rings are uniquely delicious.
#22 Posted by YoctoYotta (541 posts) -
@Aus_azn said:
" Five Guys Burgers and Fries, no question.  I can't think of a single good non-chain burger joint in my area. But Five Guys has some of the best burgers I've ever had. "
Five Guys just opened in my area, I'm pretty impressed. I like their burgers a bit more than similar chains like Fat Burger. And the amount of fries they throw in the bag is crazy.
#23 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1362 posts) -

In Glasgow, it's probably ketchup on Ashton lane. They offer a varied selection of pretty chunky burgers as well as a challenge burger with the opportunity to get your picture on the wall of fame. I suggest checking out the Uni while your at it, since your essentially on University avenue.

#24 Posted by RVonE (4634 posts) -

When you're in Amsterdam, go to De Bekeerde Suster.
#25 Posted by BaneFireLord (2928 posts) -

If you happen to be drivin' through Jackson WY, either Billy's Burger's or Burke's chop house is your best bet.

#26 Posted by FesteringNeon (2164 posts) -
#27 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Big Momma's, I've never eaten there but it says World's Best Burger on the sign so it must be good.

#28 Posted by Jothel (922 posts) -

tonbridge in england and depressingly probably mcdonald's

#29 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

A grocery store, I've never had a hamburger at a resteraunt as good as one you  make at home.  Probably because we have excellent beef in central Nebraska.

#30 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

If you are anywhere along the Wasatch Front, I suggest you eat at JCWs. Very good burgers there, especially the Hickory Bacon Burger. However, I'm sure there are other places that are good, but I just finished two hours of homework, so don't expect much out of me right now. 

#31 Edited by cnlmullen (900 posts) -
@Aus_azn said:

" Five Guys Burgers and Fries, no question.  I can't think of a single good non-chain burger joint in my area. But Five Guys has some of the best burgers I've ever had. "

@zombie2011 said:

" 5 guys. "

I like 5 Guys a lot, but at least where I am it's over 6 bucks for a burger, 3 for fries and 2 for a drink. That's a little rich for my blood, so I stick to Duchess.
#32 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Don't know, but I can tell you where the best hot dog is. That'd be Superdawg if you don't want a chain, or Portillo's if you're okay with chain restaurants. Chicago!

#33 Posted by salad10203 (654 posts) -

Cincinnati,OH just get some Skyline Chili and Cheese Coneys.

#34 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHERE I LIVE?!

#35 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -

If you're in Calgary, AB, make sure to check out Boogie's Burgers in the Northwest of the city, just outside downtown. By far the best, and they also have a bunch of classic arcade machines. I dare you to try and beat my Ms. Pac-Man score.

#36 Posted by Dogma (946 posts) -

If you go to Malmö in Sweden then there is a burger resturant that's called Tusen & 2 (Thousand & 2). They have over 30 kind of burgers (regular, chicken and vegetarian). They are thick and juicy. Want your burger drenched in BBQ or Jack Daniels sauce? They have a burger for that! Want to try something really spicy? They have 3-4 kinds of those. Want a Elvis burger with peanutbutter and stuff? They got that too! It's quite insane how many different types of burgers they serve. You can get a regular cheese and bacon burger with red onions but also some crazy contraption with luxury cheese, honey or awesome sauces or glaze! The french fries are quite nice and chunky too. Can't say good enough stuff about this place! 

Bergsgatan 6 in Malmö is the place to go! ^^

#37 Posted by ___pocalypse (561 posts) -

When I was younger, my dad and I would go to comic shops in Seattle and we'd always stop at Dick's on the way back. It was awesome. I have a friend that loooooves Red Mill Burgers on Phinney.

(I haven't had a burger in years, IDK what the kids like these days)

#38 Posted by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

If you are really that desperate, McDonalds.  
Wait.What the hell are you doing here.
#39 Posted by badwhodo (248 posts) -

In Memphis, TN I would have to go with Dyer's Burgers. (Try the Filthy Diablo)

#40 Posted by ZmillA (2269 posts) -

go to @OldGuy's house lmao

#41 Posted by wealllikepie (757 posts) -

IN SOVIET MOSCOW BURGER EAT YOU!

#42 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1734 posts) -

It's not in town.

#43 Posted by Rashermon (20 posts) -

If you find yourself in San Mateo CA, go to Swinging Door pub and get a habanero burger. 

#44 Posted by dragonzord (811 posts) -

We have a 5 Guy's... so that.

#45 Posted by Sargus (726 posts) -

Five Guys. Next question.

#46 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

In Ottawa theres a place called The Works!

#47 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

Five Guys Burges and Fries or Kincaid's. Kincaid's is a tad more expensive, but the quality is pretty much the same.

#48 Posted by gamb1t (965 posts) -

in n out or killroys out in las vegas thats for sure.

#49 Posted by SSully (4169 posts) -

Mmmm Top Notch in Chicago, it is located on the south side of the city in Beverly. It is an old Greasy Spoon type joint, but if you want a little slice of heaven order a Chocolate Malt, they make them so think you need a spoon to get through it for the first few minutes, with a King burger and fries. Easily the best burger and fries i have ever eaten.

#50 Posted by megalowho (965 posts) -

There's lots of good spots to get a burger in New York City, but the place most people (and me) would point you towards is Shake Shack at Madison Square Park. You'll want to get at least two after waiting on that line, preferably doubles at that. Mmmmm.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.