Just had a Whopper on Friday heres what I think of it

#1 Posted by bennym6 (415 posts) -

I went to burger king while I was getting God of War 3 and boy Whoppers are the greatest things ever. I enjoy mine with no pickles and no onions. The taste of it was still in my mouth on sunday. 

#2 Posted by Venatio (4482 posts) -

Was it your first?

#3 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

how old are you man??  your first whopper?

#4 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -

You've never had a whopper before? I thought like everyone had had a whopper at least once.

#5 Posted by MattyFTM (14352 posts) -

If you think whoppers are the greatest thing ever - you need to try a real burger. As in a proper homemade burger, not some lousy mass produced fast food burger.

#6 Edited by ajamafalous (11871 posts) -

I'm confused as to how you've never had a Whopper before.

Unless you're like 3. In which case, congratulations on managing to post something coherent on these forums; you're better than some here.

#7 Posted by Marz (5646 posts) -

I had a triple whopper with cheese yesterday.  It was good but i know that shit wasn't good for my heart.

#8 Posted by Terry_Bogard (303 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" If you think whoppers are the greatest thing ever - you need to try a real burger. As in a proper homemade burger, not some lousy mass produced fast food burger. "
Homemade?! Disgusting!
#9 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

I've never had a whopper before.  I didn't even know they were from Burger King until now.  I'm assuming it's a larger fatter burger, so I'm not interested.

#10 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -
@bennym6 said:
"I enjoy mine with no pickles and no onions."
You are not a man.
#11 Edited by MattyFTM (14352 posts) -
@Terry_Bogard said:

" @MattyFTM said:

" If you think whoppers are the greatest thing ever - you need to try a real burger. As in a proper homemade burger, not some lousy mass produced fast food burger. "

Homemade?! Disgusting! "
If it's made properly, homemade burgers are a million times better than the soggy & horrible McDonalds or Burger King crap. Also, I don't know how Burger King can get away with calling their burgers a "Whopper". They're tiny compared to a decent burger
#12 Posted by KennyPowers (247 posts) -

Homemade are good, but not compared to a good sports bar/grill or steakhouse.  Also, if you haven't had a buffalo burger, you're missing out.  Buffalo meat is so much better than cow meat.

#13 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
@bennym6 said:
"The taste of it was still in my mouth on sunday.  "
Dude...brush your teeth. 
#14 Posted by mshaw006 (540 posts) -

Whoppers are good... but Angry Whoppers are the best burgers ever made.

#15 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Home made all the way, with a bit of biscuit for some crunch, you're laughing now, but when you try it!

#16 Posted by bennym6 (415 posts) -

no i usually have homemade ones 

#17 Posted by LiquidPrince (15856 posts) -
@bennym6 said:
"  The taste of it was still in my mouth on sunday.  "
That sounds kinda gross.
#18 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Whoppers are like OH, WHAT, YOU LIKE THAT BURGER? HAVE SOME SALAD TOMATOES PICKLES ONIONS LETTUCE SALAD LETTUCE ONIONS ONIONS LETTUCE TAMATO. And by the time I'm finished I forgot what the burger tasted like.

#19 Posted by JCrothers--defunct (43 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" @Terry_Bogard said:

" @MattyFTM said:

Homemade?! Disgusting! "
If it's made properly, homemade burgers are a million times better than the soggy & horrible McDonalds or Burger King crap. Also, I don't know how Burger King can get away with calling their burgers a "Whopper". They're tiny compared to a decent burger "
Tiny? They are 6 inches wide... how big is a real burger? a foot long?
#20 Posted by raiz265 (2234 posts) -

what did you do on your trip to civilization apart from visiting a BK?

#21 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -
@JCrothers said:
" @MattyFTM said:
" @Terry_Bogard said:

" @MattyFTM said:

Homemade?! Disgusting! "
If it's made properly, homemade burgers are a million times better than the soggy & horrible McDonalds or Burger King crap. Also, I don't know how Burger King can get away with calling their burgers a "Whopper". They're tiny compared to a decent burger "
Tiny? They are 6 inches wide... how big is a real burger? a foot long? "
Yes, but how thick are they?
#22 Posted by MikkaQ (10270 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
 You gotta do this: Accept that fast food burgers taste completely different than normal ones, and you must consider it a separate kind of food. Then they become amazing. They taste great on their own grounds as something unique.   

Still would prefer a nice restaurant burger, even more so than some homemade burger. They have waaay nicer grills than I, I just have a pan with grooves in it for grilling, and a barbeque for the 4-5 months I can use it. Plus restaurant buns are usually fresher, and of course their toppings are amazing too. 
#23 Posted by MattyFTM (14352 posts) -
@JCrothers said:
" @MattyFTM said:
" @Terry_Bogard said:

" @MattyFTM said:

Homemade?! Disgusting! "
Tiny? They are 6 inches wide... how big is a real burger? a foot long? "
They're six inches wide, but they're paper thin. They need to be at least double thickness, triple or more would be preferred.
#24 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@bennym6 said:
" I went to burger king while I was getting God of War 3 and boy Whoppers are the greatest things ever. I enjoy mine with no pickles and no onions. The taste of it was still in my mouth on sunday.  "
you should try brushing your teeth once in a while
#25 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I've never had a whopper before.

#26 Posted by Wallzii (173 posts) -

Fast food burgers are as tasteless as they are utterly lacking in any real nutritional value, lest we also forget the lack of any proper seasoning. People forget the fact that most fast food beef is packed with filler and the meat itself is composed of more than a thousand different animals due to factory farming techniques. This doesn't allow for quality ingredients to be in any part of the beef being consumed. 

I would agree that a good homemade burger is your best bet, if you know what you are doing, and have quality fresh ingredients to work with. Unless, of course, you are going to a restaurant that makes their own product from scratch, including bun, patty, and cheese, and uses fresh local produce as well.

I think that a lot of North America has forgotten what food really is, and our modern farming techniques and practices only fuel the flame that continues to make things worse.

#27 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Whoppers are fucking delicious, I don't care about you home-made hippies.

#28 Posted by GamerGeek360 (1959 posts) -

That's like the one time when I had my first Whopper. I also was 6. It's ok to be late to the party.

#29 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

A proper gourmet burger is one of the greatest foods in the world. A huge, flavour filled patty, on some proper bread with chunky chips and any number of cheeses. Mmmm

#30 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

I had my first whooper last year, we didn't get a BK untill last year.

See the connection?

anyway, I kinda regret not trying out BK when I was visiting other countries, the burger was quite good.
But homemade is also very good, though I am lazy.

#31 Posted by onimonkii (2430 posts) -

i like the tendercrisp from bk, and alos their fries and that's about it. their burgers are too greasy and give me mudbutt

#32 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

The BK Stacker is better.

Mmm....bacon.

#33 Posted by Evilsbane (4544 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: Wow holy shit it actually looks like the picture, that is a first.
#34 Posted by GamerGeek360 (1959 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" The BK Stacker is better.  Mmm....bacon. "
This.
#35 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
I agree, I just had the double stacker meal for the first time yesterday...GREAT stuff.
#36 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
@GrilledCheez01 said:
" @CitizenKane said:
I agree, I just had the double stacker meal for the first time yesterday...GREAT stuff. "
I got the triple stacker one time.  I haven't tried to quadruple yet.
#37 Posted by GamerGeek360 (1959 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" @GrilledCheez01 said:
" @CitizenKane said:
I agree, I just had the double stacker meal for the first time yesterday...GREAT stuff. "
I got the triple stacker one time.  I haven't tried to quadruple yet. "
I don't think I want to try the quad. Actually, I kinda do but I want to live as well. Tough decision.
#38 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

oh god i want one so bad right now
#39 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
@GamerGeek360 said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" @GrilledCheez01 said:
" @CitizenKane said:
I don't think I want to try the quad. Actually, I kinda do but I want to live as well. Tough decision. "
You will die a happy man, though, that's for sure.
#40 Posted by Kbm600 (446 posts) -

I've never even tasted a whopper once. Thankful I haven't. 

#41 Posted by GamerGeek360 (1959 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" @GamerGeek360 said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" @GrilledCheez01 said:
" @CitizenKane said:
I don't think I want to try the quad. Actually, I kinda do but I want to live as well. Tough decision. "
You will die a happy man, though, that's for sure. "
That is true....man this is a really tough decision.
#42 Posted by GamerGeek360 (1959 posts) -
@emkeighcameron said:
"
 oh god i want one so bad right now
"
What is this beautiful work of art? I want this now!
#43 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -
@Marz said:
" I had a triple whopper with cheese yesterday.  It was good but i know that shit wasn't good for my heart. "
I use to get triple or double whoppers all the time....but I can't do that anymore since I am no longer a year round athlete.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.