Kuma's Corner: Heavy Metal Hamburgers!

#1 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Although the farthest I have traveled in the United States from California is Nevada, there is a burger joint in Chicago that really interests me. Called Kuma's Corner, its menu mostly contains burgers named after heavy metal bands. They include the Mastodon, Black Sabbath, Darkthrone, Neurosis, Bongzilla, and hell the YOB burger; I will listen to that band while slowly eating it down. Occasionally they would also have limited run burger choices including the Nachtmystium. Besides the heavy metal named burgers, there is the Kuma Burger that just sounds tasty (bacon, cheddar, fried egg).

The Sigh burger.

Has anybody been there before?

Official Site
#2 Posted by kagekage (704 posts) -

I saw this on an episode of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. 
This place looked pretty awesome. The burgers looked so good... I just... Ahh.... 
What were we talking about?

#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

Wow, that's beautiful.

#4 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

Now thats a fucking meal, yummm.

#5 Posted by FartyMcNarly (566 posts) -

My burgers are better

#6 Posted by HatKing (5956 posts) -

That isn't too far for me.  In fact I might be in Chicago in the next few weeks... I might look this place up.

#7 Edited by gunstar (252 posts) -

This place is amazing. They've also got Gumballhead ale on tap, from Three Floyds. I had the Mastadon, and it was great.

#8 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -
@HatKing: Ah, lucky, lucky man!

Food looks great, just a shame I had to look at that picture while I am starving :|
#9 Posted by luciphaze (6 posts) -

First time I went there, I had the Goblin Cock Burger. There's a HOT DOG on top of it. It's frightening, and I couldn't finish it in one go. I'm planning to head back there this week. They have these waffle fries with pulled pork on top of them ... so good.

#10 Edited by j_drace (353 posts) -

That looks really good.  There is a place about 10 minutes from me that was also featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, but I have yet to go to it.  Are those places featured actually good or are they just featured because they are weird?  Also I wonder how much it affects business if you get featured.

#11 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

The Iron Maiden and Mastodon sound really good...  Too bad this place is 9 hours away. D:

#12 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

This is the second burger related thread tonight  
The whooper I ate today looks even more pathetic now, thanks guys  

I'll remeber to visit this place if I travel to Chicago 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.